Ended
Watch
31 - 35
DISPLAYED
(Private) Blue Label

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    M
    Matrixchild

First, July had shock at her laugh, unsure how to respond. But then she pulled his hand away and he looked back at her, listening to her break it all down. He couldn't speak as he just looked at her until she transitioned to holding his hand.

He smiled a soft, yet sad smile, and said, "well when you put it that way it sounds pretty stupid to apologize. We started out as just fun and now I'm spilling my guts out to you. I think I'm partially just surprised at how open you make me. Plus I don't like thinking of myself as an emotional man anyway." His feelings for Varyx were very confusing to say the least, but he did feel glad for taking her up on the offer. The guilt would probably never go away, but little by little some of the weight had lifted and he felt like he could at least breathe. Has he looked back at her he ran his thumb lightly against her hand.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx hopped down off the counter, her fingers still laced with his, and pulled him out of the kitchen (and away from the drinks) back into the living room. "Come on, even the most stoic man on the planet can't be expected to carry something like that alone." She turned to face him and slipped her free arm around his shoulders. "If you want us to just be fun, we can be that. But if you want someone to talk to, I can be that person too. It's up to you."

She tilted her head slightly, waiting for his response. What she wanted had never really entered into her consideration. Not because she was that selfless, but because it was sheer habit. Her instinct had long become to divorce her own desires from these sorts of intimate conversations. Men spilled their deepest secrets out to women in her line of work all the time. It was simply good business not to judge or push for any particular response. If he wanted to talk, let him. If he wanted to be distracted from his problems, do that instead. Varyx didn't even realize that's what she was doing, anymore. That she wanted to be someone he could talk to was something it simply never occurred to her to consider.

M
    Matrixchild

He followed her lead, taking comfort in having her hand interlaced with his. He thought over what she said about carrying his burden alone, but wasn't sure how to respond.

Her arm around his shoulders brought them in closer. He pulled her in close so that they were facing each other completely, their bodies touching and his hands on her hips, his eyes staring down between the two of them in thought. "I want both of those things," he said, nodding his head as if accepting something he knew but hadn't even admitted to himself. He looked up into her eyes. "I know I want you." July, blunt as ever, but this time he let the emotion through. No definition. No 'would you be my girlfriend.' Just pure and simple emotion and desire. He didn't need to define or name what he wanted, but he had to say it. If she rejected him, so be it, but he'd already opened himself up this much and he'd been hurt much worse before. He could survive rejection.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

A slow, sultry smile curled over her lips when he spoke, and she responded in kind. "Good."

Slipping out of his arms she padded across the carpet back to the open door of her bedroom and leaned against the door frame, that smile spreading into a mischievous grin. "Show me."

Assuming July doesn't refuse, shall we end the scene here?

M
    Matrixchild

It wasn't rejection. In fact it seemed like quite the opposite, which brought him relief. He grinned with her as he watched her walk back towards the bedroom. No words were spoke as he followed her, just a look and a smirk that said she was about to see how much he wanted her.

Fade to Black. Great scene.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread