Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I actually consider myself on good terms with the Movement," Kenneth said. Or at least Konrad. For a time, there hadn't been a difference.

His question about being underground brought a quizzical look. "No, not as such. I find the Necropolis a relaxed place to be. The Caldarium has a certain peace about it and I enjoy spending time in the Dark Temple. However, I've trudged around the raw sewers before. I wouldn't call it comfortable." The reason he enjoyed the Necropolis wasn't that it was underground but that his accomplishment in building it allowed him a certain amount of confidence. Still, to each his own, even their reasoning was hidden behind strange eyes.

"Reeve Josephine Sterling is one of the Ventrue and recently joined the Invictus after leaving her position as priest in the Lance. She is still a very devout and moral person," Well, devout certainly. Kenneth had his doubts about her morals and even sanity but he couldn't go into that here. So Jack got the sanitized description. "She takes her role and responsibilities extremely seriously."

"They have a certain amount of overlap. Different applications of the same skills. The Hound answers directly to the Prince, deputies work for the Reeve." Kenneth wasn't exactly sure what Carrigan was asking. Had the man been a Hound? Or had his previous Domain not had deputies.

"I go over important Domain figures but the evening if wearing on. Let's have you swear in before Court ends. Do you, Jack Carrigan of the Carthian Movement, swear loyalty to Prince Asa Clarke and to the officers of his court, and to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by his hand?"
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I listened as the Bishop talked on about being friendly to the movement. Of this I was dubious, but we'll see. Stranger things walk under the night sky than a Lancea Bishop who's sympathy lies with the Carthains...but not many more stranger things. The talk about the Necropolis was all fine and dandy too, not everyone in my Family feels the same way about the underground. I had to laugh at the bit about sewage. Fairly certain raw sewage is never comfortable. A little more on the Reeve, good good...and then he said the bit about hounds and deputies.

Is he fucking with me? It just kept repeating in my head, I was positive he had to be. A deputy helped in ongoing investigations and kept the peace at court. They were a cop, a detective or a soldier. Hounds worked for the Prince and Primogen, we handled the wet work. If you looked at the Primogen of the Nosferatu wrong in court? Oh, you bet you'd see me if they were angry. I doubt a deputy would show though, unless he wondered where you up and vanished too. Was he trying to line me up with a job at which I would prove inept? Hells bells, then again...maybe Sacramento really was different. Something approaching peaceful, vampirically speaking anyway. That, was a more curious thought....that I did not have time to contemplate.

"I swear loyalty to Prince Asa Clarke and the officers of his court. I swear to abide by the Princes Laws as set forth by his hand." The formality killed me. Speaking submissive words of ye olde school binding oaths was like spitting up glass, but not obeying formality in an Invictus domain could literally kill me and it was necessary to stay here sooo...Not really much of a choice, honestly. Needless to say, I kept any hint of that sort of thought process out of my voice and off my face.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Well, that completes the official acknowledgement. Feel free to feed within the communal area of the Domain and establish a rudimentary Haven."

Please increase Domain Status to 1 on your Wiki page/Signature/Minisheet

"If you had any other questions you'd like to ask privately, I can of course answer. Otherwise we can return to the Court and I'll point out some of the prominent members of the community and our family members that are here." The Seneschal especially was someone he would need to be introduced to, at least in passing. However, the viper waited to see if Carrigan had any inquiries that required the 'privacy' of Elysium to answer.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

"No, no questions for now. You've given me quite a lot to consider Priscus." I said the words, and meant them. I needed to get a better feel for this place, these beasts. See if I could be useful somewhere. Deputy....bleck. Maybe. Like I said, I had a lot to consider, and that was even if this Josephine is interested in my skillset. Give me a night to do so and we can talk more. Perhaps in the Necropolis, where I can get an idea of the kind of work you're looking done there. Besides, I'm excited to meet my new neighbors." A little bit of doublespeak? Perhaps. Maybe. But we were the walking dead, I'm not sure anyone ever expects anything different.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Once you're settled, feel free to call or text me to arrange a meeting and I can show you the Necropolis." He'd have to consider how best to have Jack contribute. The Caldarium socializing area was coming along nicely. There was still a lot of work to do on the Annals but that didn't seem Carrigan's forte. Maybe it was time to start looking at increasing security, that might fall within the limited skill set Jack had given.

Getting up Kenneth slunk over and opened the door, letting the murmuring of Beasts enter "Come, I'll introduce you to I can before Court ends."

Kenneth returns to the main thread.
    Mask of Tranquility

A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Fantastic." he said standing up and following the Priscus back into the larger group of beasts. It was...abrasive. He took a deep breath, holding his composure before moving back into the throng.

Jack returns to the main thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread