Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Catching Up With Coco

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Violet shook her head adamantly. “There are countless people in the world that do things out of kindness without a thought of a return. Most of us, Changelings or Mortals, don’t see this because their desire is fulfilled. There is no emptiness within them because their desire to help another is so great that it leaves no trace need on their person. Some may also do these deeds anonymously. Many experience their desires through doing things out of the goodness of their hearts.” Whether Coco wanted to hear it or not, it was possible to be selfless.

“Your desire with Mhairi is to seek the acceptance of others. Possibly to repent for something else that you have done recently.” Since the Claviger mentioned truce previously, it did not take a genius to discern that Coco had been having issues. “But, is it your Desire to get back into good graces with your peers?”

Still, the Skitterskulk did answer her own question. “There are ways to get what you desire, Coco. Often times it is give and take. Of course it’s a learning process, there is no easy road and no black and white answers.” Violet looked continued to look at the Spring Fairest with compassionate eyes. Her shame turned to curiosity and then a something about her smile. There was something unsaid yet, and she awaited for it to come out. Although, it may never surface.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Ah, well, there is the rub, is it not?" the Wasp replied with a devilish grin. "Those who call themselves selfless might not think about a return, but that does not mean it does not exist. By acting in kindness, they receive a return of pleasure. Or duty. Or perhaps actualization of who they are, or who they would like to be. That is a return, no matter that they might not expect it to be. Because, at the end of the proverbial day, they are fulfilling their Desires, and Desire can never be a selfless thing."

It was a part of the Ardent Rule, after all. Your Desires are yourown. Even if one was to say it aloud, to perform the acknowledgement of another, in doing so they also indicated the acknowledgement of the reverse. That one's desires were also one's own. Self contained. Self centered. Yet, if the rule was followed correctly, acknowledging of others' self centered desires, too.

"Excellent. Thank you for illuminating that point for me,"
    the Wasp expressed, a strange sense of calm entering into her mind. "Now, just answer one other quandary, and you shall be free of me. My Oath as Claviger requires me to act as Guardian to our court, and that is a duty I am most happy to fulfill. However, you do not often need my services, and Lynn does not desire them. So my question to you is, am I oathbound to act only when another expresses Desire for the Claviger's services, or have I been reticent in my duties?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

It seemed that no matter what Violet said, the Skittersulk would put words in her mouth, or twist them to her own view. Shaking her head, the Queen replied with a soft smile. “I have seen people give of themselves, not for pleasure, not for anything but to simply help another person. Humanity differs from Them. THEY are the selfish ones and the Ardent Rule doesn’t demand selfishness. I disagree that desire cannot be selfless. Part of the selflessness is allowing other Desires to flourish around you, even when it’s entirely inconvenient to yourself.”

She took a sip of tea before answering her other question. “Just because one does not need your protection now, doesn’t mean the need shall arise in the future. If and when the need arises, you will be called upon in some way either by myself and perhaps Lynn. She may not desire them for now, but if for some reason there is an emergency, she may be grateful for your aid. Unless you would like to strive for another position, I do not think you’ve been reticent of your duties, it hasn’t been necessary as of yet.” There was still a Dragon in the city, somewhere, laying dormant. Coco’s need may arise when she least expected it.

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Thank you for clarifying that for me as well, my Queen," Coco replied, rising from her seat. "In that case, I shall trouble you no more, and simply await for the day when you, or another, requires my duties."

Duties which would not be done out of self-sacrifice, but which would be done nonetheless. For, though she and the Queen would never agree, it seemed, and exactly what qualified as a return, that did not matter. For the queen's desires were her own, and the Wasp's, well, that was what Coco would focus upon realizing.

"Thank you for the conversation, Queen Leblanc,"
    she said then, dropping into a florid curtsy, "and I hope that your Desires will find you well as we enter the verdant season."

And with that, the Wasp slowly walked backward, not turning her back upon her liege, nor fleeing lest the Sovereign wished to give any parting words.

Great scene, thank you very much!
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Selena

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread