Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
(Blue Octavo) Hawkish Discussions

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Confusion reigns as Arthur works out what Star was saying. "O shit that movie was a remake wasn't it? Never watched the show." Another sip of goodness and a thumbs up to July as the man makes a call.

"How do we know that the guy won't go batshit crazy on you if you ask about demons again? Assuming he did write that cryptic stuff how can we tell that he doesn't find your interest to be a bad thing? Maybe he thinks he sees demons in people and that's why he's killing? People can do scary shit when they believe, look at cults." The ramble flows as thoughts becomes words through the wonders of alcohol. Another sip, wonder if Space can make glasses hold more than it should. "Also how comfortable are we with a one on one if there is the chance of the guy going cray cray."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Stop that."

Blue eyes fixed on Arthur as long fingers raked through the mop.

"Look, I don't want to be a jerk? But this has been going on for nine months. Sitting around talking about what could go wrong is all super duper great fine and dandy but unless, like, there's a better plan, it's just pointless."
    Being Highly Effective requires having an effect. "So, we do the plan unless someone has a better plan."

Because Epopt. At least, until July or Zilker says they're Epopt.

"We know where he'll be."
    Eyes shifted to Faust. "He has those meetings."

"So, here's how it is. Option A, we walk out of here and start on the plan. Option B, someone puts out a better plan and we do that. Option C, there is no option C, because you need to let your nuts drop or leave."

As in, leave the building. The cabal.

"Someone else is going to get killed, soon, unless somebody does something. If I have to do it alone, fine."

Right, Omar?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

T
    Trismegistus

Faust listened to the exchange between Arthur and Star quietly. "Well you will have my aid," he answered Star, "I'm too far into this to let it go now." Then in attempt to assuage Arthur's concerns he explained, "There are two basic possibilities. Either he doesn't believe and is using this as a mask, at which point he's just a deranged psychopath and is less likely to do something rash in the moment of being caught, or he believes and a true demon is an ally. I'm willing to take that risk." These of course were not the only possibilities, but they seemed to Faust the most likely, and he hoped that was enough to convince Arthur.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand raises up and palm out. Followed by Arthur nodding in consent and defeat, shame etched as he does. "I'll stick with July and help him get in and around the first scene." His voice mellowed. Eyes flick to Faust and Arthur only shrugs, someone else has the plan.

Could go Ermac while July is busy and make sure no one calls around about people in the house. Or maybe wait outside and watch for things that are off? No, that's horror movie stupid.

5. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

As a cop he hated the dirty ones. The ones who leaked information. Now that he was out of the game they were the best contacts. Life does that to you sometimes.

July came back to Star. The man wanted action, July could understand that. "I'm for plan A, and I should be getting the date and time any minute now." He looked to Arthur as the man confirmed he'd go with the Sentinel cowboy. "That works for me. With the time I can try and confirm it's this guy as well as any clues." As the info came in he held up his phone. "I'm all ready now, where was the scene?" he asked Star.

July looked back to Faust and Star. "Be careful and let us know if you need back up." Hopefully this would be one of the last pow wows they would need before they got the sonuvabitch.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Ummmm."

Eyes closed.

"It was in Natomas."

Some people call it a Memory Palace. Others, a Method of Loci. At least one person called it a House of Cards. Not Underwood's House, but one taught to Guardians who kept forgetting details. A house made of cards that began with two in the shape of a 'T'; each edge crossed, and crossed again. A four of clubs here, a nine of diamonds there. Suits and values both matched to adjacent, relevant information, creating a map through the right angles, symbols, and denominations.

"At [address]."

Greenish eyes opened, and long fingers massaged the space between eyebrows.

"Yeah. That's where it was. Okay. Look, Arthur,"
    the hand fell away, "I'm sorry. You know, that I popped like that. I'm just, like, frustrated." Or drained. "But, still. That wasn't cool. I'm sorry."

"Anyway. Ummmm. So, you two do that?"
    A finger waggled between July and Arthur. "Then, like, you?" You, as in Faust, according to the re-positioned finger. "Give me a call when you're read for backup or a stakeout or, you know, whatever."

"We cool?"

Because laundry To Do.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

T
    Trismegistus

Faust was nervous, this whole venture was certainly going to be dangerous, but he nodded anyway. "Yes, we are cool," he said standing up preparing to leave. "I'll go check out the space around that church and decide exactly how I want to approach this. I'll give you a call about a day before the next meeting." Here the demonologist paused for a moment, then added, "Did I already get your phone number? I've forgotten."

After (if) information was exchanged he looked to July and Arthur, "Good luck to the two of you." Faust then added to all three, "I'll leave you to your home," before making for the door, mumbling something to himself about 'preparations to make'.

Unless otherwise stopped Faust will leave the scene here. Once this scene wraps up Faust will give Star a call and we can go from there if that sounds good

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No worries man. This whole murderer thing was interesting and scary but having one of our own getting close." Mellow replaces shame as Arthur shakes his head. "Violence isn't my thing aaannnd, it scares me." A small smile twitches at the edges of the Arthur's mouth.

"I'll just focus on not flipping shit if things do get hairy." The smile shifts into a small grin. "Then I can avoid pissing you and July off."

"But ya, I'm good to go." The glass is put down and Arthur flexes his hand a bit, trying to figure out just how far down the rabbit hole he is.

10. Likes West liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Continued here

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.