Ended
Watch

I Scream! You Scream!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    M
    MrDream

Setting up a date to go out on the town was quite the throwback for Keith.

Interpersonal relations without at least a subtext of violence were a thing from a lifetime ago, practiced by a boy who bore only the faintest of resemblance to the literally fire hardened man with the half demolished ice cream.

"I'd love to."

Huh, that felt surprising emphatic. He couldn't think of a reason to be surprised though. A partner to face the unknown with... and cute as a button at that.

She seemed to have done a good job wiping her face, but it was the darndest thing - those nails left little comet trails of silver with each pass, like an ephemeral tiger stripe.

He waved at her to desist before things went further south.

"Nothin there now that doesn't look good on you."

Then he paused on reflection.

"I have an appointment to see a man about a dog today... but checking out that house would save the hassle of finding a no-questions motel."

.. and no-question motels were often quite questionable.

... and hadn't she said something about needing to get set up there herself... and anbout it being spooky somehow? He had been distracted at the time, and hadn't quite caught her meaning.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi gave a crooked smile at Keith's emphatic response to her question.

It took the slightly beast elemental a long moment before he answered her about her maybe still fudge-spotted face. At what he did say, Mhairi arched a single brow. Pleased that she managed such a feet, but left her hand, and napkin drop. She didn't know if she believed him, but it wasn't like she had a mirror on her to check.

"A dog?" Mhairi hummed, wondering if that was a euphemism, or if there was an actual dog involved. They were changelings you never knew. "Oh, ah...yeah it's Edna's Boarding House. I haven't yet been. I still need to talk to someone first about that. But yeah, here's the location." Mhairi rummaged through her bag fro a pen, and scribbled down the address on a clean(ish) napkin. "It's Creepy because...creepy." she says gesturing to herself. Hopefully her own cold wind mantle translated to that she was an Ashen Courtier. "And..uh..ah..." she got up suddenly, her chair screeching across the floor. She and the address-napkin sat in a chair at his table. Leaning in close to whisper. "And-ah...'cause it-well...apparently there was a couple of murders..So yeah creepy murder house. Yeah...." She leans back, and at a more normal volume. "I don't know the whole story...but, I think Edna only get's referrals....so, privacy..." the elemental shrugs. Then something lights within her fell-flame gaze. She pouts, then stands back up, chair screeching and toppling over, she dashes back to her table, grabs her sundae, and scampers back to Keith's. Flushing as she rights the chair and sits back down.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

M
    MrDream

As Mhairi's joined him at his table, Keith was forced to revise his shallow estimation of the winter court.

During his stay in Shreveport, he had kept mainly with his own group of escapees, with the summer court which had taken them in, and in particular Jillian who had taught him trench warfare against an unjust world, one sandwich and kind word at a time.

He had only seen winter courtiers from a distance; only heard them described by their opposing court.

If they steered clear of the knot of savage newcomers, was that truly cowardice, or respect for the claims of summer?

If his tight-nit crew made random winters encountered visibly nervous, wasn't that a reasonable response to being outnumbered by virtual strangers?

But Mhairi's fear - and it was clear she had plenty of social anxiety - had not stopped her from being the braver of the two in terms of reaching out.

As he ate and told Mhairi a little about his business training dogs, and the social work with both dogs and people that helped him reconnect with the mortal world, he wondered what other "knowledge" he had developed that was papering over the doorways to important things... or dangerous things.

Eventually, he stood to clear his table, cold inside from the ice cream, but warmed by his welcome in Sacramento.

"I have to get going to that appointment, first impressions with clients and all... but I'll meet you outside the forge tonight at X, and probably see you at Edna's whenever."

Saber agreed to end this thread sooner - so we can get our into officially timelined before the Breakfast of Champions plot. I really loved the welcome (for me AND Keith) - and wanted to get it locked in. Now to struggle with pledging after the Winter court, but before too long...

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi nibbled at her sundae listening attentively as the Summer told her his work with actual dogs. A wide smile blossoming, thinking about those furred cuties, she definitely wanted to see them, see Keith's work with them, sometime. If they could help her-herness. The awkward fumblings, and social flailings....maybe she should see about getting a puppy.

The Autumn rose with the Summer, putting the remains of her completely eaten sundae in the trash. Mhairi agrees to future plans with a-not-so awkward smile, and a and vigorous head-nod. Quite pleased that she stopped stalking the idiot with the fat wallet and stopped in for ice cream. This just proved that bells didn't always have to mean failure.

Thanks for the scene! I had a blast!
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread