Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Necropolis) Tending the Dark Flock

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

"I have none, except to tell you both that I have decided to host a Puppet Play. Though not a traditional one. I shall make this one a competition, as we discussed during court, Brother--excuse me--Bishop Gilroy." Josephine bowed her head to the Sanctified, as though in apology.

"Nevertheless," she continued, "as I was saying, I plan to release the information on the contest soon. Once it is available, I trust that you'll both help spread the word about it?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth gratefully accepted the papers from Konrad's claws hands. The Haunt risked a quick glance down to go over the notes. He didn't read anything in depth but the key words that he notice certainly told an interesting story all by themselves.

"Thanks you. And I understand if the search comes up with nothing." Whether because Rina took the artifact with her or because Roth might keep it for himself, maybe till another Bishop rose so he'd have a bargaining chip at that time. "I'll send a letter of endorsement to you as soon as I'm able."

He waved his hand with infuriating forgiveness at Sterling's words. "Both terms are correct, especially given the informality of our meeting here." Implying of course that a more formal setting would would be different. It was wrong of course. 'Father' was the traditional title. However, the Haunt knew Josephine's opinion on that matter and he didn't want to risk alienating the Tyrant. "And of course you know you have my support in your Courtly endeavor." Hopefully. Her comments at had worried him. Still, as propagandist, he could downplay and influence perception if needed.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

It's a relief to know that Kenneth can be lax with his expectations on the use of his title. Konrad knows he's failed to use it at least twice tonight.

"Please, address it directly to His Majesty, if you could," Konrad requests with a grateful nod before turning to Josephine.

"Sure, I'll make sure it's the talk of the town." Whatever this Puppet Play is. As an endorsed Harpy he could very well see to it. But that might be getting ahead of himself. For now, a little chit chat would be easy enough to promise.

"Well, I think I'll take off and let you have some privacy with the Bishop," says Konrad, idling a few steps away. Josephine had expressed a desire to have her confession heard and he doesn't wish to delay that any further. "A good evening to you both," he offers before slipping away into the shadows towards the exit.

Unless stopped, Konrad will exit the scene

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

Josephine stayed silent as Konrad left, simply watching him as he strode out of the Necropolis. She hoped he would find the evening to be good. He was one of the few within the Domain that she admired. The few, but not the only. A point which brought her back to the cringing Bishop. A Demon who she was not quite decided upon. He was intelligent, and did possess a spine, not matter how much it might bend or sway. What she was not sure of yet, was whether Gilroy would do anything with that spine.

Perhaps she would soon find out, the Tyrant thought, turning to Gilroy.

"It has been over a year since my last confession, Father," Josephine began, candlelight shining off of fangs bared in a smile. "In that time, I have turned my back upon the Clergy and murdered a blasphemer. My sins have been great. Counsel me."

7. Likes Vassagon, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Have a good night Brother Konrad," Kenneth said as the Gangrel left. On the one hand it was nice not to have to deal with two greater monsters than himself, on the other it meant he was alone with Josephine.

He knew what he had to do. Her brief comments only confirmed that. It was his first meeting with his fellow Haunts as Priscus all over again. This time though, he didn't have a binder of notes to hide behind and fall back on. Just Gilroy. If he really was a tool of God and leadership was his fate, the Almighty had to be insane.

It was just like teaching a disruptive student. Take command of the situation from a Lord, establish authority over one of the Unconquered, ignore the constant desire to run screaming in terror... Okay, not exactly like leading a lecture but you built on what you knew. She said she desired his counsel; fine. Though her lack of detail didn't really let him know her thoughts. He let the candlelight flicker for a few moments. Drawing focus from the fear in his mind.

"I worry for you Sister Josephine. I must admit, I was surprised to learn of your murder of Marco and even more when I found out you had renounced your position within the church. Not just as one of the clergy but as a member of the lay congregation as well, so that you could join the Invictus. I could pronounce penance right now for apostasy and the destruction of one of God's holy monsters without due reason, given I have heard no account of Marco's blasphemy. I won't yet, however." Kenneth did look ready to condemn her, though it came off as childish annoyance. It would so much simpler to do so when he did actually feel anger and commendation toward her. Killing a potential ally; leaving him as head of the Spear.

"If it is counsel you seek; explain why you did what you did. Have you lost faith? Have you given into the temptation of material attachment?" It was certainly understandable. Kenneth mostly stayed out of family ties but the Carthians and Invictus offered a great deal of influence, more than Sacremento's church did anyway. "What made Marco's blasphemy such an active threat that it demanded Final Death." If she was going to hide behind that excuse she certainly needed to justify it. The entire covenant of the Crone were blasphemers by church doctrine but he had seen Katya undead and well at court. Why was Fernandez special? Kenneth had his suspicions, but they had nothing to do with a Carthian speaking against God or Prophet.

Kenneth adjusted his posture slightly, trying to look friendlier and more open after his very frank words. Like a tiny viper withdrawing in a coil, ready to strike again.

"Your sins are great and I want to help you come to terms with them. So please, help me understand your thoughts and not just your actions."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

9. Likes West, Pixie Styx, Cayce, Vassagon, Wod.Infant liked this post

"As you say, Father. Of course I will speak of my spirit so that you may guide it," the Tyrant replied with a smile as sweet as rotten berries.

"It was, actually, not a loss of Faith that lead me to the Invictus, but an epiphany. One which was brought about when I'd realized the true extent of Fernandez Blasphemy. You see," she expounded, the smile disappearing, "Fernandez took communion. He proclaimed his Faith, and his allegiance, yet at every turn when he and I spoke he confessed grievous sins with glee in his eyes. And his mockery, as blatant as comparing us with that infernal parody of a flying monstrosity constructed from Italian cuisine, was ever present. It was clear to me that he rejoiced not only in his ignorance, but also in his derision for those of Faith. Even the misguided worshipers of the Fallen Angels. Thus, it came to me, that speech, as you alighted upon as well, was useless. Only through action could the domain be saved from its infernal plague of weakness.

"For we are weak," she proclaimed arms rising as though she held expanse of the city between her hands.

"For years, traitors, poachers, and squatters have lived within the boundaries of the Domain. And what have we done?" she pressed, looking back to Gilroy. "We've played at being chattle, at being Kine, with vapid chatter and incessant costume parties. Ones bereft of all meaning. The fools probably do not even understand what a proper Masque is."

A fanged sneer twisted the porcelain visage.

"We are a Domain that covets meaninglessness. We promote community, yet that community flounders in the stagnant waters of the Elysian fields. We let others trespass against us, and the Kine of the city waltz about without our fangs at their throats. Thus it became clear to me that I must begin to act. I must lead through my examples. Both those meant to inspire admiration, and horror. For, as I'm sure you well know, every moral dilemma needs its Devil. This Domain had none. Thus, I chose to become it.

"Don't you see, Bishop?" Sterling challenged. "By becoming the antagonist, I have made room for a savior."

11. Likes West, Wod.Infant, Pixie Styx liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth should run. She was mad. She was professing grave sins with a smile corrupt enough to kill. A mad murderous predator that could tear him apart. And the only reason why she hadn't was because she apparently expected him to be the savior of the domain. Him. Kenneth Gilroy. A Nosferatu that people couldn't look upon without having the urge to crush him beneath their heel. She had to be mad. The worst part was he'd have to go along with it. She'd already killed one man. If he proved less than the task, Gilroy had little doubt she'd do the same and find someone else to be her 'savior'.

"We are not meant to be monsters among our own Kindred. The Lance stands for morality. When I said action, I spoke of moral action. Damned though we might be, freed from Kine standards, we have duties and ethics. You have abandoned those, willing and willfully, taking on the role of villain. So it is with a heavy heart I must pronounce penance. Gilroy's voice sounded weak and shaky as he continued.

"For your sin of apostasy: though you have not lost faith, you have renounced it. Your anointment and rite of creation is hereby revoked. To achieve forgiveness you must under the rite of creation again. The manner of the rites shall be decided by the presiding Bishop, who will need full knowledge that you were once part of the Lancea et Sanctum but chose to leave it. Furthermore, to remind you of the fate of those who are not of the Lance when the end of times come, until you are again welcomed back into the covenant you are to stare into a flame everyday for a period of no less than fifteen minutes. For in Hell the Sanctified with be Kings while all others burn." Verbose but if she wanted him to play the part he'd play the part. The first punishment was standard. It might not be till years down the road but he didn't imagine any priest would go easy on her. It also ensured if she wanted full redemption she would have to rejoin the ranks. The second was only to hasten the process. Sure, looking at a candle for a quarter hour wasn't much, but Kenneth imagined over several years and the occasional frenzy it would get on someone's nerves.

"For your sin of murder against one of God's monsters: while more justified due to his words," Kenneth did remember his conversation with Zeus but it wasn't something he considered worthy of death "your actions were disproportionate to his sin. Rather than subject him to the Vinculum and bend him to your will, or portrayed him as the villain of the Domain, or bond him with weights and cast him in the sea to await God's judgement," though were those really that much better than death? At least he'd still be 'alive' "You chose instead to destroy him. To achieve forgiveness another Kindred must swear loyalty to the Lancea et Sanctum at your behest, without coercion. Kenneth felt like the punishment should be greater. Josephine had killed someone after all. Asking her to look at sunrise wouldn't bring Marco back though. It would likely get Gilroy killed instead. Or his mind wiped until a better punishment was pronounced. Teaching Sterling how gain allies could prevent something like this from happening again, while at the same time strengthening the church.

The Haunt seemed to deflate.

"I understand your frustration, I feel it as well," a covenant of one certainly didn't speak of much support for the Lance in Sacramento "and while I don't agree with the path you've set yourself, I do hope it bears fruit. I would hate to see you martyring your beliefs for nothing."
    Mask of Tranquility

13. Likes InvertedMonkey, West, Cayce liked this post

PRE

For many long seconds, and minutes, the Tyrant was silent. Finally, however, she deigned to give her response.

"I believe this penance to be just, Father. I shall, at the time of true contrition, fulfill it. However, I believe that there are many other sins that I will commit before then. I expect you and I will have to speak again. Until then, I wish you well."

With those words said, Josephine turned her back upon the Bishop, and the altar, and strode out towards the night.

Thank you for the amazing scene! Loved your replies!

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The moments passed, each one filled with the fearful tension of the lesser mind. Each second, Gilroy was certain she would kill him the next. And all he could do was stand still and wait for it, eyes darting occasionally as if looking for an exit.

The relief didn't even come from when she spoke, breaking the silence. He twitched at her words. It wasn't until the mad Beast that was the fallen bishop had left, that Kenneth felt safe. A wave of weariness passed through his unmoving veins. It was psychosomatic of course. Undead bodies did not tire. Undead minds though... he glanced after Josephine... those wore out over time.

End Scene.

And thanks. It was fun.
    Mask of Tranquility

16. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread