Getting her new apartment hadn't been all that difficult. It was owned by a sweet old lady. Considering the neighborhood her new apartment was in, the granny probably had a spine of iron and and an attitude to match. Alice's brow furrows as she imagines the granny in her bathrobe and curlers with a smoking shotgun, snarling at some punks as they ran away squealing. She held the image there for a moment before she snorted. Dismissing it from her mind. The old women told her to "Just call me Betty dear." that felt wrong to Alice, and so they settled on "Mrs. Betty."

Hell, Mrs. Betty's iron will and old fashioned manners made it so she hardly even sneered at the Haunt.

All it took for Mrs. Betty to show her the place at night was, telling her over the phone that she has albinism, and is only out at night because of the extreme sunlight sensitivity. If you're going to be a vampire, be an albino one.

The old women had even bought Alice heavy blackout drapes, after Alice had signed the lease. Set them up as a surprise house warming present. It was sweet, but it didn't stop Alice from putting her own up after taking the other ones down and testing them for...flaws or other tampering. Then to make sure the old women didn't think she was ungrateful, she put the ones Mrs. Betty bought over the ones that she bought and brought with her. Even with the drapes, it didn't mean she wouldn't be spending the days in the windowless bathroom, at least until she felt comfortable in her new dwelling.

It was a corner apartment. A bit of a hole in the wall to be honest, but it was better then the motel. Or...you know...sewers. Alice scrunches her nose and sticks out her tongue for a moment at the memories of the times that forced into a city's underbelly.

She's new to the city. Bran spankin' new and while she's renting this apartment, her own hole in the wall Haven, she hasn't met, or seen or anything'd anyone.

Which brings her to the squeaking box.

It's on the coffee table.

A phone call, lying about about losing her snake's food in the move, and twenty minutes later she had a box of mice. Expensive mice.

"I don't have a snake, but I bought mice. So I could eat them. I am such a fail vampire."
the albino women whispers to herself. But it was better then nomming on some dude and pissing off people she couldn't afford to piss off. "Fuck my unlife." she grunts as she reaches into the box, the furred body wriggles in her hands, "I hate fur in my mouth. I's going to be between my teeth forever!" she growls, glaring at the still wriggling body, "Fuck this shit. I need to get acknowledged." she grunts after bring the cooling mouse away from her lips, reaching into the box for another one.

OOC