Ended
Watch

The Daeva's Dwelling

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    C
    Casitive

You need a place tonight,” David retorts, “not later when I'm able to put my books and things into a wagon and ride across town. So, no. For now, you can rest in this place and we'll talk again about this when we've all had some time.” Eyes move down to the gleaming key in his hand, nothing special and probably more junk metal than anything else – but it promises a touch of safety. Something worth more than gold in some respects.

Vivian's questions call to David's mind extremes. It's difficult for anyone riding the edge to realize that they are riding an extreme and nothing separates those who are no matter their side. Those who viciously believe are not so different from those who viciously don't; it is just as destructive.

I'm sorry that this whole thing has turned out this way,” David says after the span of three breaths.

V
    Vivian York

The Shadow was right. It really wasn’t something she could postpone for even one night. It felt suspicious when Josephine had suggested her place. “That’s fair. But it’s your place after all. Whatever works best.” Her voice teetered on apprehension, it was probably the first time she’d ever revealed it to anyone.

“Not as sorry as I am.” There wasn’t much Vivian regretted. Leaving her sire was one. Even killing the man who killed her husband wasn’t a regret; neither were the countless deaths she’d sought to in London and Toronto.

Unfortunately, David would suffer a bit for her trust just took a serious beating. Yet, he offered up his own trust to her. It didn’t go overlooked. “You’re wise to keep two places. I may keep this one, just for carousing purposes though.” At least the Mekhet was wise enough to know she meant feeding, sex or whatever in between.

“I’m not entirely sure how I can repay you for this.” Aiding her that evening and offering up his Haven; two things she wouldn’t know how to reimburse. But at least she’d have his back and keep him in whatever loop there was to be kept.

C
    Casitive

A good idea,” David compliments Viv's statement of keeping this one for 'carousing purposes.' Reaching forward he sets the key down, with a heavy metallic click, on the table in front of him. “Eggs and baskets as they are. This one still has some use.

In fact, having multiple Havens is something that was engrained in David from his sire and David suspects, something Grandsire Weeks instilled in the Navigator. Even if they are not so grandiose, little more than bolt holes, having an extra Haven or three allows the Libitinarii options. It allows them to add that bit of security for Elders who might require a Haven only their Priests know of. It's pragmatic.

Truth be told, David's tiny network of Havens isn't where he wants it to be.

Something to put more effort into.

Vivian's gratitude is accepted with an enigmatic smile. One day perhaps, David knows, there will be a time and a place where Vivian can repay him. “Don't worry about it right now. I'll show you where it is,” the Shadow says, getting to his feet.

Sounds like a wrap?

V
    Vivian York

Eggs in a basket, she missed how that tasted long ago. But snapping back to the Mehket’s note, he was undoubtedly right. “Yes, of course. I’m sure I will find some use for it.”

I hope.

David’s smile was questionable, but a smile all the same. She’d hopefully learn the ways of his facial expressions; if he had any. Picking up the key from the table like a rare jewel, Vivian pocketed it so as to ring it with the others later. “Thank you again.” Rising with him, grabbing her handbag and heading toward the door.

Yup, sure does. Thanks all!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.