Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
(1510) Terri, Ava, Coco, et al.

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    Saeyer

"Mm, I don't have a recommendation off the top of my head, but I can poke around and see what we have in." That hadn't been the request she had imagined, though she would be hard pressed to explain what she had expected. "Are you looking for something more about public speaking or just general social extroversion?" Maybe she was projecting a little, but public speaking seemed like something an Emissary needed to excel, and work hard, at. Ava had faith in the Dancer's ability to convey emotion to movement, but she didn't know her well enough to tell about the rest.

The follow up question caught her between a smile and a grimace. "I didn't want to ask in front of Coco, but is this going to be a Council affair? The name was brought up so I wasn't sure if I was just out of the loop, but it seems like it shouldn't require all of us." With many of them still feeling their roles out, she wasn't looking to L'aire for cut and dry answers so much as her take on the situation; beyond the fact that it was a regrettable way to spend a coronation. "I'm not trying to bail," she added, realizing how it might sound. "I'm just curious about how this is going to be handled."

S
    Sasha

“Hmm, probably both?” The Onyx didn’t honestly know what would be more useful. “I appreciate you taking the time to look into it.”

Nodding, “Yes, I understand. I didn’t want to either.” L’aire nearly returned the same sigh as Ava had earlier. “I was only relaying a message. I’m…uh, never mind.” Giving her own opinion of Coco’s reaction was perhaps not a good idea, and a moot point anyway. Ava was standing there the entire time.

“Quite honestly, I really don’t think it should be. However, I do think the parties involved need to handle this, as adults.”

“Rick didn’t think this was his jurisdiction. But, I felt like she should have been told that someone in the Council was made aware. Lynn is involved somehow in this, but possibly long before. But no, I don’t think it should involve ‘all’ of us. May be good to have someone who’s not really aware of what’s going on. I mean, I’m not but I’m pretty sure I didn’t hear the entire story from anyone’s angle.” There was a reason the Dancer never went into politics or the law. It was times like these she missed Perry.

“I’m really not a fan of fighting amongst ourselves. We have enough worries with everything else out there.”

S
    Saeyer

"Yeah, no problem." She was pleased the Emissary felt comfortable enough to ask, instead of hunting for them alone; besides, what good was working in a book store if no one asked you for books?

Ava didn't press the 'nevermind,' and she had to fight the desire to sigh again at the mention of people handling things like adults. She had the strong sensation L'aire ment Coco specifically, but she thought at least one other person needed a little help on that front. "If we want an official presence, might be good to bring Ramona in." The Ogre wasn't Milo's biggest fan, but Ava trusted her to be fair.

"And I'm not sure if Lynn should sit in for this; I know she's involved somewhere, but if we're specifically looking at the issue between Morgan, Milo and Coco, it might not help to have her there." It wasn't like she would bar the woman from her Hollow if she insisted, but it did seem like her presence might redirect Coco's attention.

"Yeah, if you're going to take a shot at another Freeholder you should have a good reason." It was hard for her to see what had happened as a fight, though. Sounded like bullying, pettiness, and avoidance all balled up into a shit show.

S
    Sasha

L’aire nodded at the Nix’s suggestion. “Ramona, yeah, may be a good idea. And you’re right, if Lynn is involved, probably not a good idea to have her there. Unless, that may be why we should.” She sighed again. This whole squabbling ordeal was so ridiculous.

“I guess the other question is, who is a neutral party not involved in the council with a good head on their shoulders?”
    This was clearly all new to the Dancer. Having been thrown to the diplomat wolves, she barely knew what to do.

There were a couple she could think of was Nathan Griffin , but the good head on shoulders was questionable. There was also Gregory , but he seemed to like conflict far less than she did. “Well, there’s Nathan, I guess. Can have a bit of a odd side, but don’t we all?” She was surprised his name was even uttered from her lips. “And Gregory too.”

“Terri. Although she’s been a bit preoccupied since she’s been back.” Which was true, she was a little more sparse than the Fairest would have hoped, but maybe Terri Nutkins would finally stay around for a long period of time. Sometimes L’aire’s hope got the best of her.

S
    Saeyer

"Well, it depends on what we're trying to do. If we're trying to sort out today's business, no Lynn. If we're trying to get to the root of what's going on, I still think it would be better to have her and Coco, and maybe Morgan, meet separately." Coco might be a shit, but Ava didn't want the odds stacked too thoroughly against her; if they were too heavy handed it might just make things worse. Plus, for someone who had just been talking about how it felt like the 'Hold ignored her contributions, it could be crushing.

"Nathan isn't someone I know well; I bought him a bagel when he got to town but that's about it. And Gregory is sensible but I wouldn't call him neutral on this subject." She wasn't really looking to discuss that situation as well, but it would be detrimental to pretend it never happened.

"Terri could be a good choice, if she's willing. I think Green is an option as well, aside from the fact that he has a soft spot for Morgan." As soft a spot as a rock could have. But, it would be hard to find many people in the 'Hold who didn't at least like the raccoon.

"Do we want to try and handle this with a sort of jury? Or just get them into a room to talk?"

S
    Sasha

Foreign problems to the Freehold, hopefully, she could manage that. Maybe this was all a test for her. She felt like she was being tested. Were all of the Council being tested? Was that even right for their own to do that? She could understand in some aspects, but for now, L’aire wanted everything to stop spiraling before it was out of control.

“I think you’re right. On all accounts. I may be just thinking forward in case it escalates.” Because Coco was involved, she felt it was bound to happen.

Her hands went up, agreeing to those involved. “So let’s wait on the masses with this. Having Ramona there if someone gets out of the hand is probably a safe bet.”

“Is there anything else that we should discuss with this?” L’aire sighed heavily again.

“I really hope I can just chill in your bookstore one of these days. Even though last time I was a bit uneasy.” Which was true, but Ava ran it which made it feel more cozy. “Can you drink coffee in there?”

S
    Saeyer

Assumption of escalation seemed... fair. Glad that they were keeping it simple, at least in the beginning, Ava glanced around. "Well... we should check in with Rick and Lynn, let know about the next couple of steps. And we should let Morgan and Milo know... Now or later." Transparency with other Council members was more pressing to her at the moment; they could get a hold of Morgan and Milo after the fact, if need be.

On the heels of all the planning, the return to the bookstore brought an immediate feeling of relief. "Please, definitely stop by. You can bring coffee in, pretty much the only thing we try to keep out is food. Bring Evelynn or come alone, the company is always welcome."

S
    Sasha

L’aire nodded to Ava. “Agreed. Let’s pop over there before everyone starts leaving for the evening. I can go tell Lynn known, if could you please inform Milo and Morgan since it will take place at your Hollow? I think I will drop by later to get the results, since maybe one less council member there may be a good idea? But that's entirely up to you.” Dividing and conquering seemed feasible at this point.

“Oh, yeah, I’d like to bring Evelynn. I wonder if she likes coffee.” Maybe it was a trait of a Winter to assume everyone enjoyed hot beverages, particularly coffee. Or the Dancer just loved it that much.

Note text change.

S
    Saeyer

"Yeah, I can do that. I can let Ramona know, too, once everything is set up." One less Council member didn't sound like a bad idea to her at all. "Alright, I'll see you later." A small smile and a nod were shared with the Winter before she moved away. Morgan was in a conversation, so Milo was her first stop...

Ava heads for Milo in the main thread

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread