Ended
Watch

The Long Way Around

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    V
    Vivian York

At least one of them was calm. Vivian probably wouldn’t have been so angry if she could have had a few words here or there with the Ventrue. She’d never been like this before, and being screwed over was par for the course in Toronto. But that was expected. Maybe she did have a slight temper, but not enough to act out in such a way. So many country drives in her former '68 Road Runner by herself... probably venting into the night. Maybe Jason would remember.

The Daeva appreciated his demeanor at the moment. “David, you are not easily overlooked.” Shaking her head only enough to make a point. “I think I didn’t approach you about it at all because you seemed non-committal to anything because of previous events.” Her gloved hand flipped up between them, more so for his jaded comment. “Which I don’t blame you in the slightest.”

Because had she’d known someone would skirt off willy-nilly to do whatever, she’d have declined the decision before. Vivian really did see exactly what the Shadow was saying. The relationship she had with both was opposite. David was not in name, yet the situation was Josephine was apparently all for name.

The Daeva nodded her agreement. “Indeed. I guess I have.” Drawing in a long breath, trying to ‘zen’ herself or whatever that rubbish was people practiced. “But I need to have the courtesy to tell her so. I’m not one to play games and just presume people ‘get it’.”

“Will you accompany me when I go? Probably the sooner the better.” Hopefully he was free the following night.

A poor attempt at humor, dark as the theme of tonight had been. “So, I wonder if my head is next.” Yet still a note of seriousness.

C
    Casitive

I will,” David answers bravely just over the low growl of Vivian's car. “If you need support in this, I'll be there.” His distance affords the facade of calm, like a deep lake stretching out towards the distance. However, as everyone knows, still waters run deeply. Deep enough to recall the line in Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar.

Dull-brown eyes stare at his shattered reflection in the windows, watching as his reflection swirls and bends.

When are you thinking of sitting down with her?” Turning away from his reflection, David looks at Vivian interested in her reply.

V
    Vivian York

Taking her eyes off the road for a moment, Vivian looked to the Shadow. “Thank you, David. I truly appreciate that.” Of all of the Kindred in the Domain, David was one of the few she’d still stick her neck out for.

“Hopefully as soon as possible. I don’t like things to fester longer than they have.”

Looking at the dash, there were still a few hours until sunrise, but the Daeva thought they’d better head back. Finding an intersection, she made a u-turn on the gravel road with caution. “So, where should I drop you at?”

And when she got home, she'd send someone a text.

Ready to wrap, you?

C
    Casitive

I'm good to go, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.