Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thoughts shuffle as Arthur leans forward and places his elbows on the table. "Star recruited me and Ermac a while ago. Avis and Star are the only remaining founders of the Cabal. The rest of us got recruited one way or another."

"I'd say that varied is a good way to put it. Everyone is better at their own thing." That isn't a thought Arthur's ever really gone over. It just works, no focus on one thing but instead everyone does their own.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx nodded. She understood. Sometimes, disparate people just kind of... came together like that. She had a little Fate, enough to know that it worked in such ways, sometimes.

"Do people move through town a lot, then?" she asked, before pausing to realize her question might not have been clear. "I mean, what with Star and Avis being the only remaining founding members of the cabal, that's quite a few new faces to have joined, and presumably quite a few who have left then, as well. Do other other cabals have such fluid membership, too?"

"And I'm sorry for peppering you with so many questions, but I understand there are... tensions between the various cabals. You seem somewhat less inclined towards bias when it comes to such things, so I was wondering if you might explain why things are so difficult among groups who are presumably otherwise allied, are they not?" Another pause, then a slight incline of the head. "Unless, of course, such things are more private than I imagined, in which case you are more than welcome to tell me it's none of my business," she added with a rueful smile.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's not a problem." Arthur leans back and picks up his wine. "Sacramento may not be large but there's people coming and going often yep. Most Cabals are pretty fluid ya. Otherwise there'd probably be a bunch of pairings and solos running around with names for themselves. And things don't work that way so fluidity." Taking a sip of his wine Arthur gives a small wave with his free hand.

"That's a weird word. Anywho the arguments. It comes down to personalities clashing. I hope that everyone can put aside their differences when it is time to act. There have been some issues with individuals causing problems when some people aren't aware of everything." Arthur shrugs at that, maybe some mentors weren't diligent? "I can share broad reasons without going into specifics fortunately."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx listened carefully to Arthur's explanation, concern gathering on her features. "You think there's a real chance they won't be able to put aside their differences when the time comes?" That sounded like a particularly bad thing.

She considered the implications of that, and sighed. "Would you do me a favour? Since people seem to come and go from the city fairly regularly, and since you seem likely to meet the newcomers as they arrive, would you give any new mages my number?" She scribbled her phone number down on a scrap of paper she fished from her purse and handed it to him. "Perhaps it would be good for the new blood in the city to forge their own path, instead of allying themselves to all these old grudges and baggage. See if we can't maybe encourage a little more cooperation that way."

5. Likes Cerberus liked this post

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We have had a bad apple or two. But as a community we'll pull together." The Seers waiting and the Exarchs ruling in Heaven? Everyone better pull together or its lights out.

"Of course." Arthur accepts the piece of paper and slips it into a pocket. "I'll host a get together once more new people come to town and invite a member cabals looking for new members. A new cabal is just as valid as an existing one, though as you said a new one could avoid ongoing issues."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled, relieved at the notion that the disparate cabals would work together in the face of a greater threat after all. She polished off her glass of wine, looking much more relaxed, and nodded. "Glad to hear it. And looking forward to meeting the rest of the new blood."

I don't think I have anything else that needs covering here. You?

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hopefully the meeting goes well. We need more camaraderie." Brotherhood would be the wrong word and full of the Lie. Huh sex is part of the Lie also isn't it? That sucks.

Agreed, wrap then?

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

A pleasant smile. "Looking forward to the meeting. And thank you, Arthur. It was a pleasure to meet you." Varyx held her hand out for him to shake. "Hopefully we'll see each other again soon."

Assuming Arthur does nothing to stop her, Varyx pays for her drink and heads out.

That's a wrap for me

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I hope so." Is Arthur's honest reply. At the least Varyx will be fun to hang out with. Arthur finishes his drink before paying and leaving.

Fun scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread