THREADID

Peace at Last

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

OOC

W
    Wyldside

Jonathan shifts to how, with the rest.
    Shift

Jonathan tilts his head back and lets out a howl. It rings out full of sorrow, but it doesn't go very far.
    howl

James' howl on the other, is more like the werewolf version of nails on a blackboard.

OOC

L

The flames leap higher into the night sky, consuming Justin's body entirely. And when they finally fade they've completely consumed their fuel, a circle of scorched grass the only sign of the rite that had taken place. The grieving Howlers depart to their own territory, and once they are gone Tony turns to Matthew. He hadn't missed the look from earlier. "This brought back memories for you."

Firebringer

PRE

The tears no longer flow freely, but Matthew's eyes still shine. "I had let myself forget. No, I wanted to forget, to block from my mind the memory of what happened, how your pack killed my alpha in a petty squabble." Matthew chuckles self-deprecatingly. "It worked, too, Tony. It worked so well that I was willing to fight alongside you, to call the Justicars my pack for over four months. I even managed to convince myself that Taylor died gloriously, a hero's death. He was shot like a rabid dog." He's crying again, but Matthew doesn't even seem to notice. "It was pointless, as unnecessary as Justin's death, and I can't stay as part of the pack that set it up." Another bitter chuckle. "My integrity may be all shot to pieces, but I have to at least try to salvage what's left. This is the end, Tony."

L

Tony sighs, almost seeming to deflate a bit as he does so. "You will find, as a werewolf, that your past comes back to haunt you all too often...that there are so many things you wish you could change." Tony's voice sounds almost...weary. "Do not worry about your integrity Matthew, you did what was necessary to resist the Anshega. For that we are all grateful, and you will be missed." He extends one hand towards him for a farewell handshake, "But the demons of the past are seldom merciful. I wish you well."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew returns the handshake with just a trace of hesitance. "Thank you for your understanding. I wish we could have left on better terms than this."

L

"So do I, but the demons of the past..." he trails off a bit before continuing. "You can remain in Justicar territory briefly, enough time to find yourself a place to live and move your things out. After that I will have to ask you to leave."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew nods slowly. "Those terms are more than fair. Farewell." Matthew again shifts to Urhan and lopes off into the night, his black pelt soon blending into the shadows.

L

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3