Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(FJ) Back to Square One ?

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Miach

PRE

He didn't want to jump at the conclusion. Hasty diagnosis can be a false one. But the more he compared the picture of Justine's boyfriend to his recollection of the event, the more certain he became, until the point when Miach couldn't doubt any longer, and let it out. "That... that's him. Yes." he said calmly, resolutely to the two Moros.

He had just pointed a man as a murderer.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce looks to Pelican knowingly, quite sure that the Provost had pushed for that possibility. He sighs with some satisfaction and closes the folder.

"I see. Now we know for sure." They had an identity of the killer. All that is left is to determine where fate had taken him. Truce pulls out his smart phone and uses its search engine over his cellular connection to locate some cursory information on the boyfriend. Using his name and knowledge about his background, Truce attempts to do some research.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-22 16:47:38 Truce rolls 3 to research Justine's boyfriend's current whereabouts [INT+Com-2(smartphone)] (10 Again) 4, 7, 6 failure
    "Hmm. No results," he says after a few minutes fiddling with the small screen and qwerty keyboard. "I may conduct some more thorough research back on my home computer. Now that we know the killer's identity the rest should be simple."

Oh Justine, to think that young man took you from the world when you had such potential for a full life. Would it even mean anything to find justice for you now when your spirit is at rest? Truce remains where he is, contemplating as he returns the phone to his pants pocket.

L
    LoneRanger

I give a knowing look at Truce, a quick nod followed it. With a bit of goodwill and collaboration, results! Bingo. Hypothesis formulated, fact found, theory proved.

"It's a good teamwork, I'd say. Thank you all." The tone is not particularly triumphant or happy.

I give a look at the space where Justine body lied, crushed. I imagine the pain of the father and the mother. The cross brought every day by her family for this loss, such a brilliant creature.

Now she rested eternally. Dead may rest. The living bring the burden. And he knew that, as his mother was the living demonstration of this axiom. A disturbing thought had crept so many times in his mind. What if his brother died, not by accidental death, but by a death caused by someone? For something frivolous as a slap?

Killing someone for frivolous reasons. My mind and my heart reject the thought. This guy must be brought to justice.

Then I turn to the Willworkers, telling them with a kind but firm voice.

"Thank you, Miach. Your effort were very precious. We'll find out everything we need, Truce. Let's get back home. Ah yes, before going, we need the car plate."

Miach

PRE

"As for the car plate, I have not been able to read it fully. What I could make out was [insert numbers]." Miach answered to his Cabalmate. If there was even the tiniest bit of doubt left, it should probably be enough to dismiss it now, with a bit more of legwork.

"I agree. Let's go back to someplace safe yes, we'll be better off discussing the next steps there." the doctor concurred quickly. Practicing and talking about Supernal things in the open was something best avoided. And if they had enough information, perhaps the mystagogue might even be able to track the man down through Magic, if need be. He didn't have any contact with the dead Justine, but he had seen enough patients die in the ER without the culprit ever being found that he was glad at the opportunity to at least settle one score.

Shall we end this Scene, and resume the plot in a new one, in your opinion ?

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"I will return to my Sanctum and see if I can find out more about the boyfriend's current whereabouts and what sort of life he's been living, if it's at all newsworthy. I do remember seeing an article about his accruing a DUI since the accident during our investigation. If I am able to find anything then we can consider how to proceed. If I cannot, then we may have to use other means if we wish to locate him."

Truce will bid the others farewell for now and see to researching more about Justine's boyfriend.

I can roll out an extended computer research roll for Truce and post it in the new thread to determine what information Truce can acquire.

L
    LoneRanger

Before moving out to Sac, I inquire with Truce

"Do you want assistance in that? Let me know."

fine for me closing. Vassagon , Truce we could teamwork that research.

Miach

PRE

Computer search seemed more like the kind of things best left to those who knew, and Miach gladly agreed to leave it to Truce or Pelican. "Sure. Just let us know when you've found something. I want to see this through, now." he answered with conviction and hope, before bidding them farewell too, and going to a well deserved rest.

Truce Fine by me, of course. You can start it whenever you got the data, please ? Thank you !

C
    Casitive

Alright, good scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread