Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
1510 Formal Court

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Richard's eyes only have time to linger on Juan for a brief moment, in that time he searching for any signs of surprise, anger, amusement, or delight, anything that could betray Juan's opinion of this potential death sentence of one of their kin. Eventually though his attention is forced to move on as more faces come into view. "Tomas, good to see you", he doesn't bother introducing Ashley as she had just given them both her name, besides he was distracted anyway, watching Gabrielle march off to defend Marco. Hardly making eye contact with either of them Richard makes an effort to excuse himself,"Ms. Cohen, it is a pleasure to meet you, hopefully we will have an opportunity to chat before the night is over.I would like for you to meet Tomas Warren, the spiritual head of the Crone.." he says as he steps aside, calling attention to Tomas as he substitutes himself to follow after Gabby.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-13 21:36:23 Richard Black rolls 4 to See through Juan's poker face (Wit + Empathy) (10 Again) 9, 5, 7, 9 2 successes

Richard follows Gabby to this conversation

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha can only agree and nod to Ashley and Twist.

"Quite so!" she nods, thinking back to recent events.

Offering a more public and counter opinion on the value and thrill of Monomacy seemed unwise.

Nodding once more to Twist, she leaned on her cane and tried to think of something witty to say. Hoping to offer an amusing distraction to divert people from talk of the sanctioned murder midst wider, deeper, struggle for the safety of the Domain.

"I daresay I shall have to think of a delightful and a distracting theme for the next official Court! I am open to exciting suggestions..." making great efforts to avoid looking at Twist's legs and Diana's eyes, Martha smiles sweetly and looks to Ashley and Twist and others close by, hoping that they'll fire her imagination.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

His conversation over, Asa drifted back into Court proper. Casual, but sure footsteps moved him towards a cluster that held two particular points of interest. Each footfall grated against the subliminal rage that each bare predator within the cluster fanned.

"Good evening,"
    Asa greeted the group. He came to stand next to Twist , a hand moving to rest familiarly on the Daeva's trim waist.

"Ah, Miss Cohen. I'm glad to see you've returned -- I never did have the opportunity to express my appreciation for your sublime... favor."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

s
    sumthingpositiv

As Katya breaks away from Asa, she overhears Martha discussing next court. "Are you now, Mistress? We will certainly have to discuss this at a later time before the night is over." she chimes in, stepping next to Martha and maintaining a stoic face as her words come out. Katya has an urge to share with her the feedback received on the current Court's status but upon seeing Asa acknowledge a new arrival who doesn't seem to be new Katya stands aside. She makes a point to bow her head, First to Twist as she says, "Good evening, Her Grace." she says with a smile to Twist, formally acknowledging her arrival and then to Tomas, "Hierophant Warren, it is a pleasure to see you." Indeed it was a pleasure, as much as it was to say those words around other kindred.

Once introductions were given to those in close proximity, Katya turns her silent attention to the one Asa called Ashley and waits to hear her story. For a moment, her eyes wander to Juan, his face a blank slate in terms of giving away his true feelings on the Monomacy, at least he had time to prepare for the announcement. If he turns her way, Katya gives Juan a silent nod of acknowledgement before turning her attention back to the others.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have always found it interesting the various themes that are utilized for Courts," Twist murmured, a soft approval of Martha arranging something unique. "And of course how the theme is then interpreted by the city."

Call it selfish or simply petty for the many times she was the one responsible for designing and organizing court, she however did not offer up her own suggestion at a theme.

At the touch of Asa's hand, she glanced to him and smiled, her head dipping in a more personal greeting and acknowledgement of him than she had offered upon arrival. Another smile and nod to Katya and as another seems to be the center of attention, she cedes the floor silently to Ashley.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

R
    RedRover

Wulgar is in a new millennium, new city and it's about time to try and make new friends if he's going to get any where. Wearing his usual Trench coat, a slight new button and semi nice dress pants (all picked up from the local thrift store) he almost convinced himself he was fancy. The looks and stares from mortals outside the club quickly reminded him he wasnt. He could no longer cage his beast from the sight of Kindred, but he didn't care to much anyways in pre-torpor years.

Humming the tune to a blasphemous pirate movie from the servants of Walt, he tells the bouncer "I'm looking for Warren and some milky eyed guy... heard of em?"
    The bouncer wrinkles his nose at the Haunts smell and nods for him to go in.

Now it's time to not be an ass hole..

Once upon a time his beast was as great as the Midgard serpent but now he had to drag it inot the club like an eel out of water. Thankfully those that seemed like the power players hid theirs, else he would've shamed his gods.

Wulfgar goes straight to a barstool to try and see if they have mead. Upon receiving a glass he sips it quietly waiting to see those he heard was in charge of his clan and covenant in this city, he's not used to approachin big wigs any ways.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"His Grace," Ashley said with deference relayed in tone and a curtsy. "It was the least I could do for an exquisite conversation." Ashley thought for a moment on Martha's question, not wanting to show disrespect with disregard to it.

"Black lighting with neon, perhaps?" Ashley let her eyes scanned the room as she tried to visualize what it could look like. It was but a moment, before her attention returned back to the Prince.

"It is good to be back." Ashley admitted sincerely. "I found myself abroad, attending to some business affairs in Vladivostok. It is Russia's largest Port on the Pacific side." Ashley knew with their previous conversation, that was enough information for Asa to piece together the nature of the business. "I didn't desire to get iced in for the winter."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Martha Villiers

PRE

Listening to Twist, Martha smiles and nods in obviously eager reply. Now fear was subsiding, Martha was clearly now enjoying Twist's company. However, as she arrives and offers her thoughts, Katya's stoic reply caused Martha to hesitate. Now expecting a rebuke for her poor management of the Elysian Field felt her question seemed suddenly futile.

"Oh, certainly, Ma'am!" she nods reassuringly to Katya before nodding to Ashley, "Perhaps a theme of chiarcsuco might find expression in exploiting subtle placements of black lighting and neon lamps!" she smiled to Katya, Twist and Ashley but before she can expand on her idea, Asa arrives.

Martha dips a humble curtsey before rising from her obsequy and nodding respectfully to Ashley's reply and Twist's interest.

Her Beast grumbled. It wanted to lash out in impotent fury.

More pain stabbed up her leg.

The pain seemed to somehow signal the ever changing flow of Kindred around the Court. It was thus she noticed the fierce looking new arrival.

"Majesty... Her Grace..." she nods respectfully to Asa and Twist in turn, "Seneschal. Miss Cohen...Please do excuse me, but an unknown and rather grumpy looking gentleman has just arrived. Having no wish to be negligent, I daresay I should both challenge and welcome him. May I be excused to do this, Majesty?" she smiles sweetly. Unaware a Reeve was now appointed to take over security duties, Martha suddenly felt paralyzed by a fear of faulting deep in the weeds of executing even the most everyday of protocol.

...Good Lord, Court is littered with landmines...

Privately wondering if his arrival was part of a plan to avenge the recent slaying of a Rex Nemorensis, her hand tightens a grip on her cane as she waits for permission to be excused...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

R
    RedRover

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-21 16:24:21 Figuring out who's the prince (fixed) rolls 4 to Intelligence 2 unskilled socialize -1 WP used +3 (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 6, 7, 9 1 success

Swirling the glass and sipping it softly, he decides it actually might be best to present himself to the prince first. Looking around he notices the tides of Kindred showing the most respect towards a classy individual.

Placing a 10$ on the bar he gets up and tries his best to control his humming but the a flat tune of a shanty is still stuck in his throat. Walking towards the group he does his best to relax his face into a glare.

My that's quite the harem!

He thinks whilwhile nodding to the ladies around the gentleman.

"Good evening, His Majesty... I'm presuming." he bows deeply with arms outstreched, wine glass resting on his open palm with the handle between his fingers.

V

The noise around the room floods into Diana's ears as she realizes she's basically retreated into the wall given everything going on around her. Monomacy, new Carthians, the leaders of the city. It was too much for a moment.

She realizes that Twist and Asa are now standing in the group she's meant to be a part of. Hopefully they haven't really noticed her, standing back as she was. Somehow she doubts that though, given what she's chosen to wear. Putting on her best smile she hurriedly takes a few steps forward to close the distance between her and her former spot in the circle and offers her best curtseys to both Asa and Twist. "His Grace. Her Grace. Its very good to meet you. My name is Diana Barnes, Myrmidon of the Carthian Movement and a recent arrival to this domain."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-21 21:17:59 Diana Barnes rolls 12 to Make a Good First Impression [Presence + Empathy + SL + WP] (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 3, 5, 8, 1, 10, 10, 2, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5 3 successes
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread