Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(PrP) Nightmare At Large, Pt. 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Lynn Mills

Lynn glanced down, clearly thinking hard before looking back up at the two of them and nodding firmly. "I'm in as well." She shifted a bit, trying to get the kinks out of her back. "I'll make sure I'm available, just let me know when and where we're gathering. And I'll make a few calls; I might know somebody who would be interested in helping."

She leaned forwards, rubbing at her temples. "Is there any way that we can find those other children? They'll need help with their dreams just as much as Robby will."

S
    Saeyer

Mouth full, Ava shook her head and took a moment before answering. "The best thing we can do for those kids is deal with the Sandman. He, it, will be too weak to do much in the way of oneiromancy, at least for a little bit. Especially while it knows we're looking for it. Once the Incubus is taken care of their dreams should go back to normal, or at the very least turn into regular nightmares instead of manufactured ones." Small comfort, perhaps, but they didn't have names or faces to put to any of the other victims, making them incredible hard to find. In the dream, or outside of it.

"And good," she said with a small, mirthless chuckle, "We're going to need what help we can get." They'd done pretty well for themselves in the dream, but in an actual fight she was much more use hiding behind something than actually throwing a punch.

Dusting off her hands, she looked between the other two Lost. "Whenever we're ready to go, I'm parked nearby; I can drop you somewhere."

This sounds like a good place to end it, but I'll give you guys until tomorrow before I close the thread, just in case.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

"When they're dead," Daniel said with a steady calm that belayed what the statement entailed they do "I can have them give up the names of everyone they've inflicted with nightmares."

It wasn't a pleasant thought. Forcing answers from a ghost who didn't want to give them up. However, the Sandman had proven willing to torture children, even after being defeated once. Now twice. Daniel had little doubt they would do it again. The why was still uncertain. If a pledge could be extracted then maybe the Hunt could avoid killing the person. If not. Daniel offered a way to get resolution after death.

"I'll be fine without a ride," he said going over and turning off the Enya music that really didn't fit the mood right now. Driving in a car with Ava and Lynn right now... all Daniel could think is that it would be a very, very, very awkward silence. Trying to kill one's husband and Ava...

How exactly the dream had affected her wasn't particularly clear. The Sandman had known her though. Known her name. Considering what they had done to Kyle without even a night of research, there was almost certainly something in the sleep the Nix wouldn't want to talk about. There were certainly things the gravewight didn't want to talk about right now. Not until he'd had time to think a little while. A good long walk through the night would give him that time.

Daniel finished gathering up his 'dream expedition' equipment.

"I'll see you both later. Let me know when the Hunt is," he said.

If there are no more questions Daniel will leave the scene.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

This thread is now closed.
    Thanks to everyone for their participation.

Disclaimer: The powers used by NPCs in this thread may not be found within the written rules of World of Darkness. They were created and used by the storyteller without consultation, in the interest of providing a fun and engaging experience to the players. Duplicate powers may not be available to PCs at large.

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread