Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Propositions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

"I do believe in our immutable Damnation, but the definition of 'immutable damnation' does not equate, in my eyes, to wallowing in our predilections, as you phrased it," Josephine replied, shifting in her seat and leaning slightly forward. Quite delighted, actually, that Asa hadn't yet ushered her out of his office.

"What others call the Beast, I believe is a guide. One which functions in many ways, yet one of the foremost of those ways is the illustration of our weaknesses. Weaknesses that should not be submitted to, but rather overcome. For instance, I do not believe that the techniques of the Dragons would be possible if it were not the Will of the Almighty. It's amusing, I believer, that so many Dragons assume they transgress, rather than merely discover. Of course, that amusement likely draws from a simplified understanding of those viewpoints. Regardless, my point is that I do not believe the Beast to be what limits us. It is rather what illuminates where we must apply our attentions to better understand our Purpose and ourselves.

"If you are speaking of whether or not we will enter heaven in the afterlife, then no, I do not believe that we shall. Such is not a predilection, however,"
    she concluded, realizing that, yes, she had done little more than expound upon her own viewpoint. However, that was how all debates began, was it not? The delineation of each viewpoint so that said viewpoints could be engaged with.

2. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you for confirming my understanding of the Lancea et Sanctum's views on our Purpose and Damnation."

Asa smiled and rose to his feet.

"Forgive some of my phrasing. I have found your words illuminating, and perhaps revealing of our difference -- our Purpose."
    The smile became more genuine, as warm as his pallid dead features could accomplish. Was it irony that a Lord bound themselves to another's Purpose instead of their own?

And will she set aside this Purpose, or find a way to weave it into her own, as an Invictus'?

"Josephine, thank you for coming to see me. If you succeed in your goal, perhaps the next time we meet you will no longer be a mononym, but Miss Sterling."

Asa's mouth compressed in amusement as he offered the other Ventrue a hand to assist her in rising.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"It would, of course, be your choice how you addressed me, Your Grace," Josephine replied, accepting his hand and rising to her feet. "But I certainly could not object to Miss Sterling."

She certainly didn't care for more formal modes of address...A bit of dissonance that would likely pose her quite a challenge in the nights to come. Alas, the rewards would be worth it.

"May you have bloody evenings, Your Grace," she offered as she released his grasp and moved towards the door, pausing to offer him a shallow bow before departing.

End Scene?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Great Scene!
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread