Ended
Watch

(1508) Katya, Marco and the new Arrivals

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

"That's good to hear," he said to Gabrielle. "Priscus Cordoba will tell you everything you need to know about the city."

Katya and Konrad didn't have much to add, just more questions for the new Kindred, but Chloe's response sounded cryptic, as if she was leaving off something obvious. Clearly she just said she had no friends, but does that mean she has no covenant? And if not why lie? He'd find out the answer to these questions though, sooner or later. For now he'd let it go and file it away. Clearly this one had secrets.

"Well like you said, now you've got four new friends," he said with a smile. Turning to Katya he said, "and this is all casual. I don't believe any of us would be offended if you two left to speak privately."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-14 14:54:50 Marco rolls 3 to Detect Lie (Wit+Sub) (10 Again) 10, 1, 7, 10, 10, 1 3 successes

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Nope!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-16 10:31:03 Konrad Roth rolls 4 to notice Chloe fib [WIT+Emp] (1s Subtract) 3, 7, 8, 8 2 successes
    "That's good news. I've made a friend," says Konrad playfully to Chloe's remark before turning to Katya. "They're in good hands with you, Seneschal. I just wanted to come over to say 'hi' and see if I was needed."

He looks to Gabrielle and Chloe each in turn. "Hope your Acknowledgments go well. I'll be around if you want to chat more."

His head lowers in a respectful gesture to his cousin and a knowing look is paid Marco before the Gangrel Priscus departs their company.

Konrad returns to the main thread

s
    sumthingpositiv

"A rent?" Katya repeats, unsure if Chloe was being subtle in reference to Acknowledgement or if she had other motives. Regardless, it's clear the woman isn't going to be much good in this group setting and so she joins in with the others in saying "Indeed, Ms. Chloe, if you would like, we can talk somewhere in private and go over your concerns while Ms. d'Orleans gets acquainted with her friends." she turns to Gabrielle "With regard to Acknowledgments, if you would like, we can speak later when I am finished with Ms. Chloe, I will be here all evening." she then waits to see if Chloe will take her up on her invitation.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-17 08:09:29 Katya rolls 2 to Wits+Subterfuge-1 (1s Subtract) 4, 10 1 success

When Konrad makes his depart, she nods to him and says "Have a good evening Priscus, as always it was a pleasure."

Gabrielle nods thankfully to the Seneschal. "Sure things Seneschal Harding, we can talk later. I would welcome information on how to get settled in the city in regards to acknowledgement among other things." She then turns towards Marco after seeing Konrad leaves. "Maybe you can tell me about the Carthians of the city while Seneschal Harding and Chloe have their meeting ?"

Should we split the thread in two ? One for Katya and Chloe and the other for Marco and Gabrielle

M
    Matrixchild

Marco and Gabrielle continue here

”Yes, a rent… a corvιe.” The shadow lifts an eyebrow, surprised that the mention of a rent to a Seneschal would cause surprise.

”Are we allowed in without such a payment?” She asks politely and with genuine curiosity even if without revealing eagerness to know more.

When Katya mentions the need for some privacy and Acknowledgement the shadow nods in agreement only to notice that the man that had been pointed out earlier to her was approaching.

Priscus Regan, a shadow like her and whose beast he hid through the cracks of perception of others. An unremarkable blot in the canvas of Elysium but whose lack of brightness and shade could very well betray his importance in the scheme of things… he was the eldest of her kin.

Still far enough not to inconvenience Katya she alerts her, whispering from a reasonable distance:
    ”I believe Priscus Regan will join us soon…” and her movement halts halfway through it to signal her Priscus they had seen him and to give Katya ample time to make introductions or deny the man his chance to join them...

Casitive sumthingpositiv

s
    sumthingpositiv

Oh boy, is this another situation where I'm behind on lingo?

Her eyes wander upward as she digs into her memory of when she spoke with her former Priscus about acceptance in here, not at all recalling anything specific about rent.

"To my knowledge...acceptance in staying for a long time in this city is simply that you will agree to abide by the Prince's Laws of the Domain, which I or your Priscus will explain to you later in fulfilling your Acknowledgement. Agreeing to that grants you your stay here and restricted feeding rights. Now if you are referring to a haven of a substantial size or starting a particular business, then that would require rights to tenancy which is something only Prisci or his Grace can grant. Specific terms regarding that type of rent would need to be discussed with them."

When Chloe whispers to Katya, she can't help but give a small smile, not sure if she was trying to be subtle or if it was another social quirk of hers. Regardless, Katya turns her head to give a nod to Casitive David and says "Indeed, it's as if he could hear us already. Good evening Priscus Regan, we were just talking about you." she turns Chloe and says "I would like to introduce you to a new family member, her name is Chloe." she then waits to allow Chloe to finish the introduction or for David to pick it up, either way she is curious to see what the language is of two Shadows who find a wealth in communication without words.

C
    Casitive

David takes a single-step towards the pair and bows, “Madame Seneschal. I had wondered if any of the new arrivals in your company are Mekhet. I'm glad to see that there is. Miss,” an appraising look moves over to the sylph, and, just like the ones of legend Chloe is as light and as she is intangible.

David Regan is a man of few words if he can help it, his introverted nature deepening with the Shadows in his blood. His soft-spoken tenor still carries the marks of his proverbial childhood.

“Shall we speak of your Acknowledgment?”

As the Mortician poses his question, his eyes search through the veils of of solipsism that surround everyone; attempting to see the crown of color that surrounds the woman. To see is not the same as to hide and the powers of Auspex don't come as naturally to David as the other.

Aura Percept: Please Subtract Chloe's composure for any successes.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-18 16:46:33 David Regan rolls 6 to Aura Percept (-2 Patterns, -1 Chloe's Occultation) (10 Again) 5, 9, 8, 9, 7, 10, 8 5 successes

”Hmmm… I see!” Chloe replies cryptically, allowing plenty of room for interpretation about what exactly it was that she saw in Katya’s words.

After the Seneschal introduces her to her Priscus the shadow’s empty stare takes note and registers the question:

”Acknowledgement?”

“Sure!”

Apparently she had mistaken the Seneschal’s role and the Prisci, if kindred were different so could each city be… as different as any number of Carthian experiments. It pleased her.

”It’s nice meeting you.”

"Like the Seneschal said I'm Chloe of clan Mekhet."
    There is the briefest hint of a kind smile as the sylph extends her hand towards David to greet him.

As Regan tries to pierce through the mask he finds it more and more difficult, layers upon layers of compacted engrams produced her image of the now, her story, she had stored her auric emanations in the cracks of perception, concealed by the power she held over the shadows and chaos and over the perception of others. Regan would need to crack or hack that layer somehow to find his answers.

Aura Reading Fails

Chloe seems expectant and willing to follow the lead of either the Seneschal or the Priscus she had just met.

C
    Casitive

Dull-brown eyes refocus on the uncrowned woman. His initial appraisal a distant memory, a poke, and a prod. “Likewise,” David responds simply while reaching forward and briefly clasping her hand. His are thin, nimble fingers that are unaccustomed to hard work but used to delicate things.

“Surname?” David inquires, “Miss Chloe?”

“Acknowledgment is a simple process,” the Shadow Priscus reassures. “The Laws of the Domain are posted here in Elysium in full and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. That said, I'll go over a few different points if you allow me that indulgence.” An apologetic look is offered the Seneschal, hoping not to bore her with the particulars.

“The Traditions are sacrosanct and the mistakes of servants, thralls, and childer will be answered by both yourself and them” David waits for the moment to pass. “Only the Prince or Madame Seneschal,” a meaningful look for Katya, “shall call a Blood Hunt.”

Another moment flows past, “But it is solely His Grace's prerogative to grant Right of Destruction. Etiquette and respect is expected from all members of the domain, shown in appearing at all formal Courts. Failure to do so, results in loss of Acknowledgment. Petitions and Requests should come to myself or Madame Seneschal and it is only His Grace who will decide who is bound by the red threads of Blood.”

David's left hand moves to his right arm, drawing up his blazer; a glimmer of a gold cufflink blinks in the light.

“Finally,” David notes, “we adhere to a ban upon interfering, in any way, with the lives of all first responders and caregivers. You may have questions for me, but I have one question for you, Miss Chloe,” his voice lowers, as this is a question that is as tactfully offered. “Answer me truthfully, have you ever committed Amaranth?”

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.