Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Richard, Konrad, and Tomas Meetup

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rincewind

ooc

Tomas falls in step with the others as the conversation continues. “Thanks for the advice.” he says to Richard in response. Be cautious of everyone, its the Kindred way!. he thinks to himself as he ponders what Richard has said.
    He observes the interaction between his two companions and notes they seem to get along quite well. “How long have you two known each other then?” He asks, eyes flitting between the two.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"About a year," says Konrad honestly, shooting a glance of confirmation to Richard. "We got roped into a patrol together by Wooding. Led us on this wild goose chase into a mansion where we got ambushed by some crazy butlers. That was a crazy night." Konrad chuckles at the memory, though he remembers it not being very funny at the time.

"What ever happened with that, Richard? I kinda left you two high and dry after I got called away by some other business."

Richard nods his head, "Yup, that sounds about right." He thinks back to that night and remembers being freaked the fuck out by a spirit being able to possess a persons body, he had always known that such things were possible but to actually see it for himself made him more than uneasy, if it wasn't for Konrad revealing that he two had ditched out on that job he would have never admitted the reason he disappeared on them, "I couldn't tell you brah, after riding in the back seat with that possessed guy I checked out. In retrospect, I wish that I had saw it through, since then I've been trying to learn more about that spooky occult shit, it's very interesting to me now but back then I didn't want to have anything to do with it. Either of you guys ever take a peak at what lies beyond?"

R
    Rincewind

Tomas listens to the story with wide eyes and keen interest. "Well holy shit!" he exclaims, letting a reflexive breath slowly leave his lungs.
    "That sounds like a night to remember." Tomas certainly would have. One of his reasons for coming to Sacramento was to continue his research into the occult, it sounds like he's come to the right place.

Footsteps scrape on the pavement as the group continues, and Tomas is silent for a few moments as he considers Richards question. After a few more steps he pipes up "I don't if you could say I've glimpsed anything from beyond, but i've certainly been looking. Ever since my embrace, the moment that taught me there was more than meets the eye in this world, I've had a keen interest in the occult. If Vampires exist after all, who's to say what else does?"
    As he speaks, his eyes take on the glaze of a young aspiring astronaut looking at the expanse of space, as though staring into the unknown himself.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Nah, man. No doubt there's more to the world than I know. I see and hear shit that I can't explain. But I guess I'm used to the idea that I'm not going to understand everything I come across," answers Konrad.

"But even saying that, I've been starting to look into some of the meaning behind it all. I've been chatting more with Gilroy and Sterling about the church. Even if I'm not going to get all the answers tonight, might as well start asking questions. With a bit of luck it'll be a long Requiem. Maybe somewhere down the line it'll all start to make sense."

Konrad says to Richard, "That's right, you've been thinking on joining up with a Covenant, haven't you? You leaning anyway particular? Tomas here has got his eye on the Crone, just like Katya. Ain't that right, Tomas?"

Konrad does another look around the alleyway as they progress, checking for an obscured pair of ears he might've overlooked.

Richard can appreciate the direction this conversation is going, as of late his requiem has been filled mostly with matters relating to covens and the other wordly, it put him at ease to know that there were other Ancilla that were in similar stages of unlife asking seeking like thing and asking the same questions. "That exactly how I be feeling about it now. I have only dealt with that other shit a few times, but every time I do it makes me wonder if anything is all fake. More likely that there is some truth to all superstition, ...somewhere.."

"Gilroy? I don't think I know who that is. What's he apart of?" he questions Konrad but his interest quickly turns to talk about the Crone. "Well I did have an opportunity to meet with a member of the Order in private, I want to find out more about the Crone as well though. All in all though I'd say that I'm much closer to coming to a conclusion. Thanks for encouraging me to do so by the way."

R
    Rincewind

“Thats right.” Tomas states in answer to Konrad, turning to Richard before continuing “I find most superstition has basis in fact. It’s a tricky slope though. I once spent a few nights in a small town along the road, after the 2nd night I started hearing children telling stories to each other at night. Stories of an evil beast, who only roamed at night. Well at first I obviously thought they were talking about me, and made to leave town. Before I left I learned the source of the children’s fear. I wish I could say it was something supernatural and inhuman and not just the perversions of an old man who let his urges control him.” telling the story brings a far away look to his eyes.
    “I drank well that night.”

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"No problem, Richard. It's just like I said before, I'd hate for you to waste your talents."

After all, what good is a chess piece that doesn't move?

"Gilroy's part of the Lancea, same as Sterling. You know how I mentioned they were looking for members? Well I figure it's a good chance to do some soul-searching with the spiritual know-hows, as long as it doesn't conflict with my place in the Movement."

Konrad listens to Tomas's telling of another small town from his nomadic journey. "Yeah, that's the thing, a lot of superstitions and misinformation about the supernatural work like a shield for us in the Masquerade. Always gotta look for that scapegoat to explain away what we do to the Kine. With the Lancea, where it's all part of God's plan, it's like God's handing down punishment to sinners. The Devil lurking in the shadows. It's why kids get told bedtime stories with those moral punchlines, to keep them from misbehaving like."

"If there is a God, and he is dishing out punishment to sinners, then I doubt it would come in the form of us. We feast indiscriminately, I could give two fucks about their sins. Unless you wanna say that all beings are sinners, in which case what would be the point of maintaining the world at all, why not just let the sun explode or a rock from space wipe out the whole damn thing us included. If they are creatures of sin we are certainly no better"

I can't believe how full of shit some vampires are, to think that they are the agents of god to punish mortals. My Ass!

"Have either of you met David Regan?"

R
    Rincewind

“What is it they say? The Devil’s greatest trick was convincing the world he doesn’t exist? We know better than most the advantages of that.”
    And how hard it is to maintain.

“If the God as the sanctum picture him exists then I say, who is he to damn us then expect us to act as his footsoldiers, his own personal boogie men! That sounds more like the games of man than of a God.”

“David? No I can’t say I have.”

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread