Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Cleansing Fire) Secret Counsels

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    L

The mention of gold was interesting. Apparently noteworthy enough for the hob to bring up, even if he didn't seem to be sure why it was so important. But the hob was right about one thing...getting a load of jewelery deep into the Hedge certainly was a hassle. Especially when it didn't really do any good at that depth. But there must have been some reason.

A frailty?

But elements of a plan were starting to fall into place. Sow rumors of a book to lure the cultists far away. Try to ensure they had a way to bring in enough water to make another fiery transformation difficult, see if they could mess with that hoard in hopes it screwed with Fairweather...and hope he hadn't yet recovered all his strength. Couldn't always have everything under your control, he supposed.

But now that frailties were on his mind...

"Just one more question. Did Fairweather happen to exhibit any...odd habbits that you happened to notice or hear about? Even if it's just something minor."

The hob thought, racking his brain for anything that could answer Rick's question. Finally, something crept across his face.

"One of me flame-brothers, Ratbag, told me a rumour that did the rounds at camp, that during one new batch of 'embers' joining the Spire they decided to sing a song for the Dragon, to show their devotion. He told me that the Dragon skinned them alive and chewed on their bones. I don't believe it myself. Ratbag always was a liar."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green sat stock still, his mouth forming a little "O". Now that sounded important, even to him. Carefully, so as not to attract the attention of the hob, he moved his eyes to fall questioningly on Rick.

Had the hob divulged a weapon they could use against the Freehold's most feared enemy? For the moment, Green held his tongue not wanting to distract from the Autumn Courtier's line of enquiry.

L

Interesting.

And, if it was true, incredibly valuable. Because that strong of a reaction certainly seemed like it might have been elicited because of a frailty. Of course, the key was the if. Even the hob didn't entirely trust the word of his former flame-brothers. So it was certainly something he'd have to take with a grain of salt. "Thank you."

Now for his end of the bargain, getting the hob somewhere far away from here. "So now it's time to get you away from here. I don't suppose you have any experience traveling through the mortal world?"

"Not a clue," the hob grumbled, shuddering at the thought. "But if ye be good enough to take me to the border, I'll cross over and find a way outta this hell."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Yeah. We can do that." Green responds simply. "If that's too complicated for you I guess we could track down a path through the Thorns that goes deep. Your cult... friends... can't range that far. Or can they?" His eyes fell on the creature.

As one of the Onyx Court, the mountain would have much preferred that the hob stay this side of the Gates. Not that it was his call; and if it came to it, Green was certain he could get some second hand clothes to wrap the hob in. Light slacks and a hoodie should do it. And if they moved at night.

L

"If the rest of the cult has heard that a prisoner was released from the Fleshmarket they might be keeping an eye out for him. In order to...ensure that secrets are kept." And the Hedge would, of course, be an excellent choice for an ambush. That was something he'd rather not deal with. "I think the mortal world might be the way to go. A Greyhound could get you halfway across the country in a day. And it'll be pretty hard for hobs that never leave the Hedge to figure out where you went."

"Great. Public transport," the hob grumbles, sarcastically. Standing from the chair, he looked up at Rick and then even higher to the mountain that was Green, giving them both a nod. "Ah well, its better than nothing, I suppose."

And with that, the two Elementals guided the traitorous hob of the Cleansing Fire away from Sacramento and to, perhaps, some form of sanctuary. Now, they had plans to be made...

Great job, end scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread