Ended
Watch

Seneschal's Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Eyes watch as Josephine steps into the room, a slash of black and white in an otherwise color filled world. Her beast, while familiar, is still an insult to the Shrike. Weak and therefore prey to be ripped apart limb from limb. Who would think that David Regan, of all people, who Teodor Raluca thought a simpering man, would have such a Beast? “Priscus Sterling,” David greets formally as the rage is smothered like so much a fire.

The Priscus of Shadows can only acknowledge Katya's statement with a nod before Konrad and Juan arrive in rapid succession. Each naked beast another test of conscious and control. David is ready for it – having already nipped the Companion's rage. Its mewling has already been smothered twice and its renewed anger falls away like so much ash.

“Priscus Roth and Priscus Cordoba.” There is nothing informal about the intonation David uses as he greets the pair but rather it is festooned with neutrality.

Though the Reeve, like most Shadows, keeps his beast hidden away beneath a veneer of darkness; David watches his arrival with keen interest. How much can someone trust a man who doesn't state with any conviction that they can be trusted? How much can David trust a Reeve who's loyalties are divided between Regent and Praxis? Briefly, David wonders if the Reeve has an inkling and if he has used that inkling to investigate independently. “Reeve Wooding,” a simple greeting paired with a simple inclination of his head.

As far as the Grand Wyrm is concerned, Chris Wooding cut himself out.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

To say Gilroy was surprised to here where he was tonight would be an understatement. The Haunt never expected to be head of anything. Not of his Clan, not of his Covenant, not even of the university science department. It just wasn't something he had even considered to be in the cards. And even if it had been he would have thought it would takes years and years to build up the resources to be comfortable taking the position. Even after Angel had told him about the instability of the Domain. Even after the Reeve had given the history lesson and named off a dozen names. It just seemed inconceivable even with all that. But then Angel had to leave for reasons dealing with her Sire. Then a 'family emergency' had come up for Sergei. Which meant now Kenneth, of all people, was head of the Clan. It had crossed his mind to send someone else to the Seneschal's meeting but had eventually concluded that would be a bad idea. They were too new, and too unknown.

So now Kenneth was now entering a private room in the Nox wondering how he could feel this nervous without an adrenal gland. The instincts screaming in his mind weren't helping. He was wearing something he'd had to throw together quickly. Which was probably a good thing or he might have tried to style his hair again. As things stood, the quick combing had probably made him look less disheveled than normal. Grey dress shirt and black tie with an over coat. And new shoes. Kenneth still had bad luck in keeping his footwear in good condition. Gilroy normally didn't Blush as a matter of habit but tonight it was a very deliberate choice. Even without quickening the Blood he could almost feel the phantom sensation of his heart beating rapidly in his chest. Gilroy almost fled as fast as he could when the other monsters came into sight. For a second the Beast mind nearly won as both the primitive and logical minds aligned. He shouldn't be here. This was where the elite and the leaders of the Domain belonged. Not him. Tabitha's voice was yelling at him in the back his mind along with the hissing of the Kindred lizard brain.

Kenneth shoved it all away. The insults of his Sire, the yowling of the Beast, the cold arguments of logic. None of them mattered now. He was here now. None of them know your true power. He reminded himself. They can't see the weakness of your Blood. They only see the Curse. But even that has uses. They will underestimate you. They will try to use you and you can let them while gaining advantage. You can gain information. Knowledge is power and this is the central location for information.

Kenneth didn't take a breath to steady himself. He couldn't let them know. He took a mental pause.

"Good evening, Seneschal Harding and Reeve Wooding," Kenneth greeted the hosts of the event with a bow "I apologize if this is unexpected, but I'm afraid Angel Ducard has had to leave the Domain on family business. I have been named Nosferatu Priscus following her absence." Calm, stay calm. Just imagine you're watching a vivisection The worm of a Haunt met the eyes of his betters one by one before nodding. You're equal to them. Remember that. The glance to Josephine was slightly apologetic. He hadn't had time to inform her of the change in status. He trusted her to roll with the information though.

"Priscus Sterling; Priscus Roth; Priscus Regan; Priscus Cordoba." He named them in order of how well he knew each. Still odd that the Daeva came last in that list.

Kenneth took his seat, legs and arms folding like an insect's. A leech among peers.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

It's as if they all heard Katya as Konrad comes in, followed by Juan, Chris and then Kenneth. Katya is able manage Konrad's entrance based on familiarity with her Priscus, but Juan and Kenneth are still enough to force her to close her eyes, gripping her wrist ever so tightly to push back her utter contempt for them and the threat they pose. Forcing a smile, she raises her head and bows to each of them as they enter.

"Good evening, Priscus Roth, Priscus Cordoba." she says to them first and then when the Reeve arrives her smile widens, feeling less alone now that her Hierophant will also help in facilitating this meeting. "Reeve Wooding, a pleasure to see you again.

She is about to inquire if anyone knows when Priscus Ducard will arrive, and then Katya sees Kenneth enter. She gives him her full attention, tilting her head ever so slightly as she listens to the recent change in the Haunt family. "I see. Well, let us then congratulate you Priscus Gilroy on being named head of your clan, thank you for attending as I imagine you had little notice."

She waits for Kenneth to sit down before she looks at everyone in the room and gestures towards the table for anyone standing to take a seat. "Well now that everyone's here we can start." she says as she moves to take the last vacant seat available. "Thank you so much Prisci for granting us your presence this evening. The purpose of this meeting is to your benefit just as much as it is to the Reeve and myself. As always, there are many things that can go on in this domain. Unfortunately, this is my first time having a conversation outside of Court with some of you and in some rare cases, a first time speaking to you at all. Therefore, I simply would like to get to know you all and if there are any pressing concerns related to family or the domain in general that you'd wish to share, feel free to present them now so that we may discuss ways of resolving them."

She folds her legs and sits back in her chair, waiting for the first person to speak.

PRE

"If I may?" Josephine inquired, a sable brow rising with the question. In effect, the query was essentially rhetorical, seeing as how she was the first to speak to the Seneschals open invitation, but there was something to be said for propriety.

"First, allow me to thank you all for the kind greetings," she continued. "Secondly, there are two matters which I would like to share. The first is the most simple. One member of my clan, Gerald Baker, has been stripped of his feeding rights outside of the Barrens for the time being, so if you see him feeding anywhere but there, please report him to the Reeve. Secondly, and more importantly, there is a strange being, which goes by the name of Nefertiti Khan, that has set up an organization and infrastructure in Sacramento. She is interested in being the ruler of the city, though she is unaware of the Domain. Currently she is focused upon fighting a rival organization, the Society of Penelope, lead by a rival being, Ehtar. Khan is based out of the Merchant Bank of Ptah and Cole, so I highly recommend that you avoid it. As for her and her organization, they are being observed for the moment, but if you happen to run into any of their dealings, or the Society's, then please call the Reeve as well as myself.

"That is all that comes to mind," Josephine concluded, "aside from the belated congratulations to you, Seneschal Harding, and the invitation to converse privately, at your convenience."

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad nods to Chris and Juan. It seems like a while since he's seen the former. "Priscus Cordoba. Reeve Wooding."

The surprise of the hour shows up as Kenneth appears, bringing with him a vermin-like atmosphere that earns a sneer from the Savage. He rights his face as the Haunt offers an explanation. "That's rather sudden, but I guess it can't be helped. Good on you to step up to the plate," he remarks to Kenneth, changing his expression into a smirk.

Damn, must have been very short notice. It hadn't been that long ago since Konrad had seen the classy lady.

With everyone in attendance, Konrad finally takes his seat, listening to Katya and Josephine begin presenting the agenda. It's the first time he's heard anything regarding this Nefertiti Khan.

"I'll be sure to keep an eye on Baker. And thanks for the warning. Are there any plans on the table as for what's to be done about this Ehtar and Khan? Negotiations or a call to arms maybe? I'd be happy to help the Reeve or yourself out if you need the support," he says addressing Josephine. Konrad makes a gun cocking gesture accompanied by a, "Cha-chunk."

His hands return to the table top and he glances over at Juan, resisting the anxious urge to drum his fingers.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Josephine Sterling is a singular study of severity, and David finds himself listening for that which might not be there. The Ventrue Priscus' statement about Baker doesn't fall on deaf ears, but it is merely understood and settled in the recesses of David's thoughts. The Shadow doesn't see a reason to make any verbal acknowledgments about the subject.

Konrad speaks first and David's dull-brown eyes look towards – never at – the Gangrel. “Facing either of them in a frontal assault is foolish. Both the Society and the Bank have strange powers and massive resources at their disposal. We were lucky to hold them off when the Society attacked the Chapter House more than a year ago.” And now, more than ever, the Domain lacks fighters.

Turning towards Josephine , David seems to pick up a conversation thread that was set aside at Cedar Fields. “Deputy Yui, Mr. Baker, and I were able to see the Society and they seemed pleased to receive the false amulet of <<S-kh-mt>>. I believe we were able to sow the seed of perfidy against Khan during that meeting, as at least Ehtar knew of her, which should allow us to put one against the other.” In a gaze that now includes the rest of the Prisci, the Shadow explains, “The best thing for us to do, is to set the Society against Khan and nudge them towards destroying one another.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

As Roth had not mentioned their "mission," Cordoba remained silent on the matter. Hearing that Baker had been exiled to The Barrens, it did not surprise him, nor did he care. Not my Blood. Not my problem.

Other threats to the Domain, were troubling. The Daeva sets a hand to his paper, writing down the names of the leaders, their organizations, and locations mentioned by Josephine.

"This plan to spur mutual destruction between Nefertiti Khan and Society of Penelope is intriguing. I applaud it. As I'm unfamiliar with this amulet, do we have any firm leads on what buttons we can press to agitate them further?"

A momentary glance to Konrad, "I prefer we avoid directly exposing ourselves. Servants and unwitting proxies would be a more worthwhile strategy."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris is both surprised and a bit disappointed at Gilroy's replacement of Angel Ducard. She was a good woman, a nice Nosferatu leader figure. But change will always come, so he just accepts things as they are. 'Good evening then, Priscus Gilroy.'

Then as Katya Harding starts the meeting he feels no need to add anything. And since his concerns are not really pressing he leans back and waits. It is hardly a surprise that Josephine speaks up first. But, as always, she knows how to shake things up.

The Prefect restricted to feeding in the Barrens, isn't that just classic Sacramento? And hi-la-rious.

'Good to know, Priscus Sterling. But may I ask why exactly? And if it's not a public matter, you can tell me later. I shall also inform Kindred patrolling the Domain.' He's not sure why he wasn't notified earlier, but it is a serious matter. Also, not quite so easy to enforce.

As for discussing the next step in the story of Nefertiti Khan, the Reeve is glad everyone is here. 'Thanks for bringing that up, and thank you both taking major responsibilities in this whole matter.' He says that to both David and Josephine. Then he turns to the others, 'To keep everyone up-to-date: some Kindred have met with Neferiti Khan and her entourage at the Crone Farm. She knows of our existence, she thinks I'm the leader of a group of vampires that have now chosen her side. So far, that has bought us some time. But we should keep the number of Kindred she knows as little as possible. Without her seeing us as a direct threat, this plot can be set in motion.' Back to the Shadow and the Lord, 'We should meet soon to see what our next steps are. Meanwhile I have taken care of some smaller Domain matters, but now I have more time on my hands again.'

Together with Vivian, Josephine and he had some plans already. Quite some time has passed however. Still, this is not a meeting for Khan, but for all Domain business.

'Those smaller matters also relate to some things I wish to discuss here, but I'll keep that for later.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you," Kenneth replied inclining his head to Katya, Konrad, and Chris as they offered him their condolences and welcomes

Gilroy took out a pen and pad of paper. His last visit with the Reeve had taught him something, after all. He didn't have much to add on the subject of Khan since this was the first he was hearing of it. Unfortunately he couldn't just stay quiet the entire time. Gilroy needed to play catch up and try to contribute. Still, he stayed silent as they all talk, until he could think of what he could say. It was actually Josephine's talk of Gerald's 'banishment' that brought back a memory of sitting in a car reeking of death. Hopefully any information he had wasn't out of date. When a pause in the conversation allowed, he finally spoke up.

"Before she left Priscus Ducard mentioned a homeless family of a mother, father, and son, and two men; possible bodyguards. This was in connection with Jacqui Cotouri and Rahyna, two Kindred trying to restore Tobias Straiphen to Princehood. As far as I know, no further investigations were done but it was thought that they were in the Barrens." He glanced over to Josephine. "To be honest I don't have much more information than that. Priscus Ducard spoke of sources but did not name them. It would be a hard task to track them down given their probable location and lack of information. However, if you feel it appropriate," it was her clan after all "Baker could be offered redemption if he investigates the lead to your satisfaction. He will be spending a lot of time in the Barrens anyway and it would give him something to do. I'm sure the chance to regain feeding rights would be very motivating to a search." He cracked a knuckle.

"Just a suggestion to consider," the worm added.

Addressing the the group. "As a tangential point to Priscus Ducard having to leave and giving me this partial information, I have a concern about the Domain. For the past several months I have been seeking out information on the Nosferatu Clan and Domain history in general for some time. My original intention was to search out the lost Necropolis. However, I am now convinced that it is well and truly lost and would take years to find." He gave a nod to the Reeve. The acolyte had been right after all.

"It is my belief that we are losing a great deal of knowledge because of the fluidity of the Domain's Kindred population. Now, there's not much that can be done about that but every time someone leaves we are losing history and expertise that could be useful later. Not just among the Nosferatu Clan but across all families and covenants. That can be at least partially remedied. I hope to construct a new Necropolis to hold information I have gathered so far. And unlike previous incarnations I would be willing to allow access to the annals and public spaces to Kindred in good standing. If you know any who would be able to contribute knowledge, I would be most appreciate if you would send them my way." Kenneth squirmed slightly, causing the bones in his back to grind against one another. The feeling he had had at Mass, of lecturing and treading on dangerous ground; it was back now with abandon. Steady Gilroy. This is what you intended from the start. It's just now you have to say the words instead of Angel.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

14. Likes Chrisie, Cayce, West liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya is surprised, but relieved, at how quick everyone is to jump in and contribute their own knowledge to the discussion. As Priscus Sterling shares what she knows about Khan and Ehtar, Katya's eyes linger towards Chris, wondering if he will share what he knows and isn't as anxious since she knows he was involved. When David and Juan also add what they know about this mysterious feud, Katya nods and remains silent until the the Reeve segues into bringing up other business. She hates moving on, particularly after he shares that these beings have been to the farm, but that will be a conversation for another time.

"First of all, I too will be sure that your declaration regarding Prefect Baker is upheld." she says to Josephine and then looking to everyone else. "I would also second the decision to keep anymore exposure of our citizens to these two rival factions to a minimum. Before we move on, the last thing I'll want to say is that it would be good at the next meeting to coordinate the "stories" they believe about our kind so we can remain consistent with the charade until it's time to act.The last thing anyone wants is for one group to unintentionally contradict another's story and cause Ehtar or Kahn to become suspicious as I imagine they already are."

With Kenneth taking the floor, Katya listens and becomes concerned when the words "restore" and "princehood" get mentioned. Katya keeps her hands dormant for the time being to let Kenneth finish. She doesn't know much about Priscus Sterling and so she is curious to see how the Priscus responds to a suggestion from the newly appointed one despite the fact that he isn't part of the family.

At least I can empathize, there are times when the Friendship bond is stronger than family.

When he is finished Katya gives a polite nod and says "That is most generous of you Priscus Gilroy." she looks to Konrad for a moment "Priscus Roth and I would also attest to the concern over lost information due to the rapid fluctuation of kindred leaving the city, particularly with our clan as well." It wasn't that long ago when Konrad took over for Tracy Burns, she only hoped his tenure would last a bit longer since she appreciated his unique way of handling business. She looks to everyone once more. "A hub of information documenting the history of this city would be useful, particularly for new city officials like myself to fall back on. I'd like to briefly follow up on this issue in the Barrens. I am not familiar with this Tobias Straiphen, or Jacqui Cotouri and Rahyna. Are these names familiar to anyone else? Has Priscus Ducard shared this with anyone besides Priscus Gilroy?" a hand goes to her chin for a moment as she contemplates his suggestion "Given the...lack of sustenance Prefect Baker must endure, I'm not so sure I feel comfortable giving him a task that is in regard to such a large threat to the Domain without someone else accompanying him, but what is everyone else's thoughts on the matter?" perhaps she was being presumptuous in thinking they would just send the lonely Baker out alone in the Barrens, but better to be safe than sorry.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.