11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Artists Convene (ATTN: Juno)

East Lawn Memorial Park
Jul 21, 2012 - Oct 17, 2012
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Well, we could make this an exercise in stealth and cautious, rather than a raiding party. Do we know anyone that with decent awareness and stealth skills? Too bad we don't know any Farwalkers. They have the attitude and they can disappear with frightening ease."

Sam stopped suddenly.

"Elemental? What kind? That might be useful."

"Marcus? He's a Metalflesh. And I think Autumnfire is some sort of mix, she's like a statue made of burning wood."

The idea of a stealth operation made her feel somewhat better. Without thinking, as she talked she had taken her tail up in her hands and was working the tuft, picking bits of shed quill "straws" from the hairs.

Comfort preening.

"What supplies would we need? I know water, food, weapons. Maybe first aid kits...."

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam watched Juno preen. He tilted his head, scratched behind one large ear and realized that was the closest he ever really got to preening.

Must be a cat thing.

"Who do we know that can help with sneakiness. Burning Bushes and Shiny Metal might not be so subtle. Either way, though, I don't expect to be in the Hedge long enough for hunger to be an issue. Water would be good, though. I have a knife, but otherwise, I wouldn't know what to do with anything more dangerous. Maybe a Darkling would be good to have along to help with the hiding. Or a Beast who can track?"

She pauses in her preening for a moment, then, "Wait. I've done some hunting in the Hedge, but was only ordinary at it."

Silly Wizened, he was talking to a Manticoress. Her durance-species were part lion after all.

"I know how to stalk....prey....but haven't had much of a chance to exercise that skill in recent times. I also know a bit of the Dream and Smoke Contracts....I really should have been more focused on learning tricks."

Rubbing her fingertips together, she flicked off the dust that had been generated by her quill-picking.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Good, then," says Sam. He watches Juno's movements, remembering something familiar in a race of feline hunters sold on an auction block. "So, do we want to call in some back up? It might be the wiser choice. I don't know how to contact Marcus or Autumnfire."

"Autumnfire works on a ranch, I believe. Marcus is with summer....ah. I do have his number."

Reaching into a pocket of her cargo-style jeans, she removed a small notebook. Personal electronics were something that she had a problem figuring out (and didn't want to admit that they, too, were part of the Things She Really Didn't Know About Category). Flipping through a couple of pages, she paused then handed him the book.

"Here it is."

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Me? You call him. He probably wouldn't know me from a tree."

She squints at Sam in that manner of felines who really don't feel inspired at the moment, then, "All right. I'll call him and see if he wants to be in on this."

Let's get this back on track, shall we?

As the Wizened and the Fairest consider using the phone, the phone in the shop starts to ring.

Riiiiiiiiing, Riiiiiiiiing......

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread