Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
Licking Wounds

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Honestly, I don't know how much longer we can keep hosting anything at the Circle. Half the goddamn building is about ready to fall down. There's mold in the roof, and rot in the walls. Part of the basement's flooded, and I'm having a hell of a time keeping up with the cleaning. Like, it's just the fucking two of us. I don't get why the fuck Aquinas expects us to be able to host everything. Honestly...I'm considering trying to sell it to him. To the council, really, but since he's the highest on the, ya know, board I think he'd end up having the most say over it. I don't want to see the building fall into ruin, and I think we could benefit from having a fixed setting for people to gather. A place to hole up in, if we need to. I know mobility is safer, but that's just not fucking sustainable right now," Avis said, her teeth coming together in a grimace.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

"No don't sell. We'll just have ta work harder to keep it up. I'll try putting more time into it ay, but yeah I know what you mean about hosting stuff, it's not like it was on that field day thing last year. Damn. Has it been a year? Jeez. Did you see Leo throw that fire at Asp in the boxing match? Damn." He said shaking his head with a slight grin. "I dunno. Maybe sellin's the smart thing to do, just seems a waste to get rid of it like that is all. I guess the museums out for now though seein' as you an Star still can't go there." Striker added frowning.

"So, um. You want me to talk to the others? Or just leave it for now?" he asked wondering if she was still thinking about the question or hadn't intended to answer him.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sure, talk to others. I'll...I'll discuss the Circle with Aquinas. For all I know he won't want it, or he'll have an idea that'll help us keep it," Avis replied. "In the meantime, I'd also suggest talking with Einstein, Crowley, and them. They need some muscle, and you need a cabal. If they turn you down, they're fucking idiots. Don't tell 'em I said that, though. They might take that as endorsement of the decision. In fact, it might go better if you tell them I discouraged you from talking to them. That'd probably make it sound like a good idea."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

"I'm serious about putting more effort in the keep the Circle runnin' ay*. You might think it's a waste now, but it's a good place when you need a bed and if I can keep it goin' I'll move my tools and stuff into the workshop there. That'll make it easier to look after ay. If we can make it more secure, it might be useful if the bears come lookin' for us too."

He thought for a minute before continuing, "I'll uh, just leave you out of the cabal thing then. I don't wanna join up with a group just 'cause they think you think it's a bad idea ay." Striker said honestly. "I wanna be able to do something about these bears. Can't do much alone though." he said with a regretful smile. "So yeah, I'll try hookin' up with one of the groups that are on that track."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"We could always get another space. I just don't see the point in letting the Circle rot if someone else can take care of it better than we can. So, why not hand it over to who can care for it best, and to where it'll be best used. We can find another space. Another building. Branch out, that kind of thing. And forget about me when it comes to cabals. Do what you need to do, alright?" Avis asked, turning to fix Striker with a serious stare.

T

"Yeah. Yeah, righto." Striker said. Of course we'll bloody find somewhere else you idiot. "Ok, well I reckon you'll do what's best for us so I'll leave it up to you ay."

"And yeah. I'll get somethin' sorted on my own cabal wise." he sat back and looked out over what he could see of the zoo from their elevated position. "Anythin' else you need help with or anything?" He asked. "I'll talk to one of the Heralds, Crowley, about that favor I owe ya. Make it all official and stuff."

We're about to hit a month. Ready to wrap soon?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

A sigh escaped that Warlock's throat, one betraying frustration.

"I don't like the idea of just a generic favor," she griped. "I think it's a cop out, but since I can't come up with anything I guess I just have to stuff it and move on. It's probably what would've happened after the trial, anyways, so fine, tell Crowley."

She set fists against concrete and pressed down, letting flesh and bone grind against man-made stone to lever herself back onto her feet.

"I just...I think we have a path to move forward on. Like your idea of training with the consilium. That's good stuff, but I'm worried we're not gonna learn from what happened. It's painful, but that's the signal that it's important. The key to transformation. You already know that, or I'll leave off on a whole lecture, but it keep it in mind, alright?"

Good to wrap whenever!

T

Striker watched Avis with a stern expression as she stood but remained seated for the time. "It's not a cop out, it's a, whatd'ya call it? It's symbolic. Nothin's gonna change the fact that I was... outta line, back then. But I'm not coppin' out. That's one of the reason's I took the sentinel job. I'm tryina make up for how stupid I was." he said then pushed himself to his feet.

He looked around as if searching for a lost thought then found Avis' eyes again. "I'm not doing this so that you or anyone else thinks I've changed, I'm just tryin' do what's right now." he added before beginning to descend.

Good scene as always! Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread