Ended
Watch

(1505) Juan and David

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    C
    Casitive

Firmly clasping Juan's hand, David lets the Daeva go off on his way.

“It depends on the subject,” David answers obtusely. “As Priscus, I strive to be a font of knowledge for my clan, should they need it.” They don't, not really. One returned from a long-absence and acts as though that year didn't happen. Another is a Regent who has forgotten that knowing what one doesn't know is what makes a person intelligent. The last is a knife who knows and only wants to know the blade.

“As Grand Wyrm, I strive to show all angles so that those of my covenant can make their own, informed decisions.” The title still feels heavy on the tongue, still not thinking of himself in such a lofty height. David knows he stumbled into the position out of necessity rather than ambition. When he arrived a lifetime ago, David was content in his lowly position; able to write and research, while others led.

And yet, since, David has been symbolically wed to Anoushka and has become Johan in large part.

Prophecies fulfilled.

But, David leads an empty house.

“Hopefully, my small contribution helps everyone – even if it might be by proxy.”

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled and took Juan's hand. "You as well Priscus.

"That's all you can really hope for. If you can't help directly then we must all hope we can contribute to our clansmen and covenant in some indirect way at least. Have you noticed any success with your contributions so far?

Poking and prodding. It seemed to be the only way Marco knew how to have a conversation. Every second of speaking a chance to gain some insight into another.

J
    Juan Cordoba

With the last bits of exchange between the scholarly Mekhet and the inquisitive Daeva, the Toreador made his way toward the exit.

Juan exits the thread

C
    Casitive

David merely and meekly shakes his head in the negative, “Not for me to say.” Lowering his eyes, the Shadow explains, “Accomplishments and achievements are for others to recognize. Others to see. I just do what I can. Worrying too much if what I do or say gains any traction or has any success is a zero-sum game.”

Gaining laurels and accolades are not something the Mortician wants for himself. They aren't things that David thinks he deserves if he is truthful. Counting successes and keeping score is a false tail of the Dragon that leads only to narcissism.

Seeing the Prince depart with the Harpy, signals the end of court.

“Looks like the night wanes,” David points out as he looks towards Marco, “it was good to meet you, sir.” An offer of his hand in the Carthian's direction.

M
    Matrixchild

"That makes a lot of sense. In a way, if you worry too much about whether or not you are success you never have time to actually accomplish anything." Marco of course felt that one must always pay attention to how others gauged his success. You can't learn or grow in a vacuum.

Marco nodded his head at the Priscus' observation. "Ah, so it is. It was very nice to meet you as well," he said, taking David's hand. "I hope you have a good rest of your evening Priscus Regan. I pray we get a chance to ponder other ideas about life some time." He smiled with those words, enjoying his use of the word 'pray'.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.