Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(FoC) Near the entrance

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Saeyer

"Well, if it's Mrs. Rosemary's desire I suppose it would be rude not to toss a couple of them." A little hard for the Nix to fathom, but that went for a lot of the Spring Court for her so she approached it with resigned acceptance.

"I wasn't thinking of any specifically, to be honest, I just wouldn't be surprised if people pulled out the stops to be able to surprise their friends and cover them in their choice of color in a way they find entertaining, or impressive." People had different ideas of fun, and it sounded like they were using people's basic judgement as the guidelines for the color fight, which in theory was well and good but Ava was a fan of a rule or two to anchor a person. Or a fight. Still, maybe there was etiquette to this sort of thing she didn't know because she'd never done anything like it before. Maybe they had.

As Alex made his bid to return to his work, Ava flashed a smile and shook her head. "Thanks for coming over to say hi, and answering our questions. Don't let us keep you."

"A painter from the 50's," she says aside to Alex, attention instead on Violet, "Abstract expressionist. You know all those paintings you see where it looks like the artist just flung paint onto the canvas? Or dripped it or dropped it or splashed it? He started all that."

Her brows knit curiously, "I don't know, though," she says to the Spring Sovereign, "I remember hearing somewhere that he was very deliberate about his work. What got splashed and dripped, how, and where. A body is an interesting canvas, but he might have gotten frustrated if he had to chase after someone who was throwing color back at him." She smirks at that amusing mental image.

Lynn Mills

Tugging at Morgan's hand, but leaving it up to her to come along if she wanted, Lynn crossed over to the other's by the entrance, nodding her head respectfully at Violet before looking at Alex. "Hey Alex. What can I do to help?"

Nodding with a grin to Ramona. “Indeed, its quite possible his frustration would overtake him.”

“Ladies, gentleman, I am going to find a drink. We will begin shortly.” Turning to Alex before her quest to find a suitable way to quench her thirst. “Please let me know when all is ready and I will make the announcement to begin.”

Before she walked away, the Flowering paused by Lynn. "If you need anything, please let me know." Her brows rose slightly, but a reassuring look on her face. She wasn't angry, just concerned.

Violet returns to main thread

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex nodded quickly to Violet, then smiled to Lynn, There's bins and stuff outback that need to be brought out - I can do that - but can you see if Kyle's filled his balloons yet?"[/color] He steps back further then flashes a quick smile to Ava, before turning to get the things from outback.

Alex leaves this thread to get things.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan quickly walks in behind Lynn, giving a little wave hello to the folks she knew, "Um heh-hello dere f-f-friends. Um-heh-heh," she fidgets a little before looking up at Lynn, "Um v-v-what are we heh-helping with?"

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

A hunched gray Gargoyle approaches the remaining four that speak excitedly among themselves. He lowers his head in a sort of bow to the ladies.

"Forgive me if I interrupt. Fair greetings do I bring. Lynn, Morgan, I hope you be well. And Ava, I believe it be? And good day to you as well," he adds with a final nod to the Stonebones.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Oh, she could imagine people going competitive on this. Coco probably being her most likely bet, she even brought her own sword to the event. Considering how everything else involved paint balloons, powder, and probably water guns, it seemed a brave weapon to work with. But then, it wasn't probably too different from that cane she often carried. It was then it occurred to her Lynn might be in for a rough time, if her argument with the wasp was anything to go by. A image popped briefly into her head of Lynn trying to defend herself with her fiddle while Coco gleefully hacked away at her with her nerf sword.

"Paint by randomly throwing colors at thing? And he's considered high class because of it? Then lets take a group photo after this and submit it to some art gallery, we might actually be able to make a quick buck of the this." Of course she was joking... mostly.

"Hey Morgan, Lynn, Greg. I'll see you all on the battlefield. I want to try some more of the food before it all get... well thrown away. Get a full tank before the fighting starts. Good luck out there."

Moving to the buffet thread

S
    Saeyer

The Nix raised a hand in greeting to Lynn and Morgan before turning it into a wave as Alex departed. In all the comings and goings she didn't notice the approach of the Gargoyle until he was speaking, her attention locking onto him with a small measure of surprise. He knew her name but she couldn't recall his, or much beyond having met briefly at the self-defense night at Edna's. The mildly unfortunate Oneiromancy lesson.

But Tessa called him Greg as she departed, so that was a place to start. "You're not interrupting at all," she said with a welcoming, albeit toothy smile. "How have you been? Ah, and this is Ramona. Ramona..." She gestured airily between them in the general affect of introducing two people, but lingered for a moment too long. "Greg?" The uncertain tone was accompanied by a questioning look as she waited for him to correct her, if need be.

Lynn Mills

Lynn looked after Alex with a raised eyebrow and a slightly incredulous look on her face. Ask Kyle? Who is currently talking to Coco? With whom she had just had a very disagreeable and public argument?

I think not.

Instead she turned her head and murmured a few words to her Sovereign. "If I could have a few moments of your time, after this is all over, my Lady." (@Violet LeBlanc)

Instead she looked at Morgan and shrugged. "I guess we'll get an assignment in a minute or two." Turning, she grinned cheerfully at Gregory. "Hey there! How are things going?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.