Ended
Watch

Handsome Marco and Crooked Konrad

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    M
    Matrixchild

"I was actually curious of the impression you have of me. As Kindred we can't exactly 'take a look in the mirror' and judge how we're perceived. We're working together now; covenant members, associates, so it seems valuable for us to have some honesty about our perception of each other."

Marco asks not sure if he'll even get the truth, but it may reveal some indication about how much value Konrad places on them working together. Any information is helpful, even lies.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad is silent a moment, glancing back between the road and Marco.

"Hrm. You want a psych evaluation or something? You're alright. Bit of an idealist and an optimist, but hey, nobody's perfect," answers Konrad. "I mean, are you asking if I agree or disagree with something in particular or you just saying you want to be pals?"

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled at Konrad's response. "I was just curious. I think I can live with idealist and optimist." Marco then leaned back and waited till they were back at the start, unless Konrad interrupts his focus.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad drums his hands on the steering wheel thoughtfully, sensing an elephant in the vehicle by his dodging the question.

"I guess...it's just that I'm still new the whole Carthian way of thinking. Those stories of yours about a Carthian utopia just seem a little hard to swallow. Like maybe you might tend to view the world with rose-tinted glasses or something. I don't mean to sound critical. I just tend to approach things with a healthy dose of skepticism until it falls in line with my way of thinking. Same goes for any belief system. What works for me is practicality. I want to invest in something that works. And from what I can tell the Movement has potential. It may outlive all the rest of those Covenants, who knows. I don't got nothing against you. I can do honest. You just come to me like this and we can talk and help each other out and we move forward. That's works, right?"

M
    Matrixchild

Marco looked down toward the floor and smiled. Maybe some honesty should be given in return? he thought. He tilted his head and looked at Konrad almost from the side as he spoke. "I didn't always grow up in a Carthian city. I originally came from Mexico. My sire was Invictus, through and through, just like my fellow childe. I saw the problems with their system long before I went to Houston, and I understand that even there things weren't perfect."

"The Invictus originally weren't interested in that swamp land, so the Carthians took root before the First Estate even arrived. Their takeover was easy. Here, our Movement, will be much different. I know this. There are only three of us, so we must be prepared for a tsunami to fight against us. I don't have the financial skills you two have. T
    hat's why I've been trying to think outside the box. Social espionage and gaining confidences are my specialties, which is why I wonder how I appear to you." Marco raised his head and looked more directly at Konrad.

"Don't be mistaken by my friendly appearance and attitude. I may seem naive, but I know what it takes to get what we want, and I will be who I need to be for us to get it. We can keep meeting and updating each other, I definitely think they'll work. Just know the man you see out their in public is exactly who everyone is meant to see, but not necessarily who I actually am,"
    Marco said, finishing his statement with a smile.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"That so," remarks Konrad detachedly. Marco must get that a lot, being thought of as naive. Konrad isn't sure if he's been fooled or if Marco's the one fooling himself. Either way Marco seems confident enough in his words.

"Well I've only ever been unbound before now. Same with my Sire, least as far as he'd tell me. Just sort of carved out a living with what was on hand. Not exactly an ideal for social espionage. But there's negotiations for sure, give and take. But if you got the gift of gab then more power to ya. We'll each do our part and hopefully we'll end up in a better spot."

It isn't too much longer until they approach the drop off spot. "Glad we had this talk. I'll text you once I talk with Cordoba and I'll look into that business with Sterling." Back to business, not that he ever really took a break from it.

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled again. "Sounds good. Hopefully we'll make some progress soon." He then sat back and waited for them to reach the drop off point.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad stops at the drop off point and turns to his passenger. "Take care now," he says and waves after Marco should he decide to exit.

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled one last time before unbuckling and exiting the vehicle. "Thanks for the ride. I believe it was a very fruitful conversation. Have a good evening." And with that Marco turned, put his hands in his pockets, and walked away from the van.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.