Ended
Watch

(1504) Consilium II: Births

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Swear you'll work it out with me and it'll be dropped," Avis repeated again, her eyes fixed on Striker.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a nod to Emrys, as he brought up several significant points, a small smile indicating that she was pleased with his well-structured argument. Though Avis's new insistence to settle it between them without the law presented a bit of a kink in his suggestion. "I agree that six more months is an excessive amount of time to wait for this trial. On top of that, I believe Striker only claimed that I made him sound guilty to the entire consilium, instead of claiming his own guilt... But considering Councilor Avis is willing to come to an Agreement with Magus Striker, and that legal proceedings have already dragged out this far, I'd greatly appreciate it if we could close the Books on this Sooner, preferably now."

She paused, then considered bringing up who was working on what with the Banisher situation but decided that getting Aquinas to concede on the trial was more immediately useful. They could sort that out after Striker... If they could ever sort out Striker.

4. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    T

Striker listened as Aquinas declared his trial to be in 6 months. It seemed that the councillors had decided against dropping the charges. But Emrys asking on his behalf was encouraging, it seemed all of his cabal was doing something to help him.

He returned Avis' gaze with one of someone seriously trying to figure out what was going on. When Pepper spoke he looked to her, then between Avis and Aquinas, unsure why they were both telling him something different.

His gaze finally rested on Avis. "I swear, on my honor, I'll make it right ay." he said with all the seriousness he could muster.

Would this mean

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

'Missteps'?

What's next, yo? Seeer shenanigans and Banisher oopsie-dos?

Because Seriously.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce looks to Emrys, then Pepper, in regards to the Trial being handwaved because Avis and Striker both seem willing to come to an understanding outside of a Trial.

"If the rest of the Council approves of this means of resolution then I will give my support. But this would mean that we would be approving Striker to be allowed Recognition as well. Should we not at least review the evidence before allowing this?" says Truce, posing the question to the remaining Councilors. It is already clear that Avis and Pepper are okay with it. Unless someone comes forward to claim the Obrimos & Thyrsus seats and give their complaint.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon stands up right next to Aquinas, one brow arched quizzically at the Hierarch. He speaks loud enough for the entire room to hear:

"Uhm. I think I concur with my Cabalmate. Why exactly is there a need for a trial? The guilt has been established so there's really no point for the Prosecution and Defense to argue the case. Or are there charges against the Consillium you would like to investigate, Hierarch? As far as the attack on Avis goes, the matter seems closed, except for the punishment and that's a matter of just convening the Council, right? Magus Avis can discuss her terms with Magus Striker and from the viewpoint of the Consillium this is a simple break of the Precept of Hubris, as Magus Emrys said."

He scratches the back of his head, puzzled:

"If you need to get additional testimonies or anything for judgement, that's a different matter, but a trial?.."
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

C
    Casitive

Understand,” Aquinas says as a general statement, not just leveled for Emrys ( Xander ) “that our Justice is based on precedence as you all well know. Doing something out of convenience, or for convenience's sake will only hurt us in the long-run. For this, I am simply stating what was decided upon at the Councilor Meeting; knowing that six months will go by in a blink.

A look, long and lingering falls on Ermon . “Ermon, as Councilor, Avis is an officer of the Consilium. Any attack upon her is an attack upon the whole. I doubt,” the Hierarch's attention falls to everyone, “given the strength that Councilor Avis has, that she would levy the original charges against Magus Striker if they were so simple.

The Hierarch does not underestimate the firebrand of the Arrow. Merely understands a little, who she might be.

Still,” Aquinas states shifting on his feet and looking between Avis and Striker . “If Councilor Avis wishes his oath and recompense be given in private and if Councilor Avis accepts Striker's word. Then the matter is closed.” Expectant eyes move to Avis and Striker now.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"As a Talon of the Adamantine Arrow, I know that Striker's Oath is given in good will and with honest intent. And, though I didn't accuse him lightly, I no longer think that is the best path to take. So, with apologies for wasting the Council's and the Consilium's time, I will retract my accusation and recommend that Striker be re-recognized," Avis declared, standing until she had finished speaking, and then sat and crossed her legs once again.

It was a dangerous road to walk, to retract something as serious as an accusation,but the idea of not retracting something, even when you thought it was wrong, was an even more dangerous and so Avis chose not to walk it. After all, it wasn't as though retracting the accusation was retracting the effort for Justice, it was simply giving Justice a different framework to work under. The Lex Magica was there, after all, only when Justice could not be reached between two parties, or when wrong had irrevocably done, but for her and Striker that Justice might be still be able to be reached between them, and all the harm that had been done could be healed. It was possible, anyways.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes Matamune, Yumyumcrow, Vassagon, Teeramus liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Then,” Aquinas says with a note of finality, “the matter is closed. Striker is welcomed back into Consilium.” There's no signs of the cross to be done, no blessings to be given, however now Striker is no longer a political hot-potato in the eyes of Consilium.

Before we adjourn, do we have any news on the Banishers?

Striker can now has Consilium Status 1

T

Striker stood and nodded to Aquinas. "Thank you Heirarch. Councillors." he said before nodding seriously to Avis again before sitting down. They had a lot to discuss, but at least the problem was just between themselves now.

Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.