Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Recruitment Effort

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Well... the thing about the High Places seemed like a good idea at the time. There was five of us then, and we'd just wound up throwing our lot together," Crowley frowned at Avis initial harsh reaction. That was mollified somewhat by the elaboration of the Veiled Threat's activities. It left his mouth open in surprise.

"Well fuck," he said at last, "You make us lot look like snails by comparison. You've got leads? Already? If I can help, I will. Just call me." He paused. "What I mean is... and I speak for myself here, not Einstein and not Truce... I don't mind shifting this Cabal's emphasis, especially given we haven't really gotten round to doing any of it yet. I expected we'd have some give and take on this issue. Its not like we're absorbing you; we are bringing our two groups together to make something new."

He looked over the little company.

"At least in my mind."

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Yes, of course," says Truce quickly to Star's concerns. "I absolutely wish for you to be able to continue your own goals. And I think inter-Order cooperation is a paramount concern. I would be glad to help in any way I can and I think it would allow me to get more experience in those matters as well." Agreeable indeed.

"I heard a great deal about the concern regarding the drug, Glo, when I first arrived to the city. For what I know it was something that Miach and Bishop were looking into, though I believe both of them indicated that they were not in charge of investigations. Even so, if you need assistance with that I may be able to help counsel anyone who are suffering from the addictive qualities of the drug and to find more evidence of its use. Beyond that I only know what's been shared in the Consilium forum." Despite saying as much, it doesn't seem as though Truce is expecting more risky action to be taken.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"If that's what Avis wanted to do, she'd just tell a new Arrow to hang out with us."

Let that sink in.

Percolate. Or maybe, distill. Three's the magic number. There's more, though. Followed the bread crumbs? That's right. Head of the Adamantine Arrow, yo. Caught up? With everything that means? Good.

"We wouldn't be talking to you if we didn't intend to help, which is why I was trying to clarify that all meant?"

Nobody's saying an apology is owed. But that Wasn't Cool.

Eyes slid over to the other two. "Miach, Bishop, Nous, and I were working a lead. We," a side nod at Avis, "Found a better one, and Nous and Bishop left." Thin shoulders shrugged.

So did Ariadne.

Hey, look, another trail of crumbs.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's not really addictive, it's more like LSD, except after you're done tripping you can still move the couch with your mind. If, ya know, you Awaken as an Angel," Avis clarified for Truce around her toothpick. Her jaw seemed more relaxed now than it had a moment before, and she uncrossed her arms, but then her left hand did something weird. It drifted over beside her body, her fingers did a lazy spread, and then she moved it more sideways and brought her fingers to her thumb. A dark brow flickered upwards in Star's direction.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Uhuh, sure." Einstein said at Star. Was he just blind to Avis' obvious hostility? She'd been rude since the moment they got there. Maybe he'd been trying to clarify, but Avis had gone the other direction, trying to force their agenda down TdS' throat. Maybe he just didn't notice. Love is blind.

GLO? Oh yeah, that was a thing. Einstein had almost forgot that original reason why people were looking at the Banishers funny. She'd forgotten with the fact that TdS had never really bothered with it. They'd found a better thing to worry about with Banishers. Not that she was going to say that to someone who wasn't in the Cabal yet. It was a Big Secret. So Einstein stayed quiet, and absorbed the information. Nothing she didn't already know, really. But repetition ingrains it into memory.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

You can fit square pegs into round holes.

True story. Side note? It's easier to fit a square peg into a round hole than a round peg into a square hole. Some things are worth chasing. Or waiting for. Some aren't. The trick is knowing the difference. Cue Kenny Rogers. You can't change people. You can explain them, or apologize for them, but that doesn't change them.

Awkward silences are awkward.

Had they seen eyes flicker over to the pale hands? Or did the they all know what it meant? That would be pretty awkward. Plus plus. Maybe there were better ways to communicate, but file that under Later. His own hands had fallen still, and eyes drifted over blades of grass that rustled louder than their dead conversation.

"Well. Uh. So. I think, like, we all have some thinking to do? You know, about stuff."
    Gangly limbs shifted and twisted like a wooden puppet being drawn up by it's strings as he rose.

"So. Ummm. Thanks? For meeting us?"

Because light-bulb changing.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce's expression saddens as Star begins to rise to leave.

"Oh, yes. Um, thank you for coming," answers Truce, also rising to his feet for propriety.

"Whatever you decide I hope we can be able to assist each other in the future," he adds.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Every disaster eventually has to come to an end. It was a fact, one that was as clear here as with any hurricane. Einstein nodded slowly at Star and Avis. "Yes. Thanks for your consideration." It was like a job interview. When it's over, you're never quite sure what to say. "Have a good day."

Good to close up then?

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley simply watched, the lingering smile fading to simple line drawn across his mouth.

"Thanks for the chat. Even if nothing comes of it, we can always meet up to better coordinate our schemes in the future."

Scene is drawing to a close regardless. Good place to wrap.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Take care," Avis agreed noncommittally, offering a wave to the Witnesses before turning and trudging across the field back towards their mobile avocado, her sphere of vision fixed upon them unerringly the whole while...

Was a fun scene!
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread