Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The words hit her, Animus....dead? She didn't really know him, but he seemed like a good guy, a little troubled, but someone you could depend on.

Just what had happened? She looks to Pepper and then to Mace, finally her eyes settle back on Miach. Could he sober up and answer their questions?

Miach

PRE

Miach didn't look up, still wallowing in his inebriation. There was some respite there, a dimmed feeling of loss and inadequacy, of failure and lack of self-confidence. At least, when you were drunk, you could pretend to be a lion when you were only a cat, and believe your act. The mystagogue didn't want to let go of that feeling now. Definitly not.

"I... I..." he started, turning his head to the side so he could see from one eye at least. But he stopped as he watched the other willworkers's faces.

The doctor had placed at the core of his life the belief that it was his duty to try and keep people moving forward, because forward could always be better than before, if you made it so. But he was not making it so for them, now. He was making it worse, because of his weakness. Again...

His head turned to the floor again, and familiar words of power could be heard.

2 2 Successes, -1 Mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 17:32:59 Miach rolls 8 to Gno 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 to Spont. Cleanse Body (10 Again) 9, 3, 2, 4, 9, 2, 7, 4 2 successes

Raising his head slowly, the Enchanter flinched under the gazes of the women, but tried his best to look "clean". His face was very long, and his eyes were still red, sagging.

"So long as I can get drunk again afterwards..." he said weakly, taking a sip at his bottle, and frowning. "Bleh..."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Give it... uh, how long Mace? But it'll turn back. So, tell us, how did he die?" Pepper gave Miach an encouraging roll of her wrist, and her frown lightened up.

Miach

PRE

How did he die ? Pepper asked the question so easily... was she callous, or in complete self-mastery ?

"Fighting. Standing. Proudly." Alone... but it was harder to say. Much harder, especially when you were supposed to be dedicated to seeing people through exactly that kind of ordeal. But limitations... Miach winced, and sipped mechanically of his beverage, before grimacing, and expanding on his few words.

"Long story short... I was investigation abductions, and had managed to... find... their lair. I found Animus there too. Must have been on a lead of his own. Then things went south, and a full fight erupted. He managed to kill The Mistress. She was the leader of the abductors, and real powerful. But he faced the rest of her squad so I could escape alive... and..." he shook his head. So simple really...

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Miach being drunk made since now. He knew Animus longer than she had, and she had lost those close to her before and knew the pain.

Her eyes softened as she listened. Part of her wanted to go after this group and make them pay. But she had no combat experience.

"I..." she began, "I don't know what to say or think. I didn't know him that well, but he seemed like a great guy and Mage." her voice was soft.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded. "Thank you for letting us know. None of us really knew him, not well, but we did know that he put others before himself whenever possible. It's a comfort to me that he died in a way he'd approve of." She gave Miach a tiny smile, then nodded. "Yeah, knowing that will help. So thank you, for answering that question. Now... would you be kind enough to let the three of us process this on our own now?"

As much as there was definitely a lump forming in her throat as it hit - Animus, Dead - she wasn't going to start crying in front of someone she disliked as much as Miach. Especially not when he'd shown so drunk he violated crossing and nearly too soused to tell them why. All that anger was serving her well to damn up her urge to cry. She didn't want to yet. And she'd do it when he was gone, damn him.

OOC

Miach

PRE

Eh ? She had wanted him to sober up, only to send him away after a single question, no mor equestions asked ? Miach's first impulse was to lash out at Pepper, but he reined in his flaring temper. Whatever... everybody dealt with death differently, after all. He had seen it first hand numerous times before.

Standing up, he nodded "Again, I'm sorry. I owe him, and by extension, you. If you need me..." as he had helped Animus, he thought sourly, before putting on a facade smile.

"Unless there's anything else, I'll be on my way, then." he said, bowing slightly toward each of the three women, and ready to depart. He had plenty of perfectly serviceable full bottles home, after all.

8. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace just sat there. The whole conversation was unreal. Animus was dead. She had no reality within which to process that. For the longest moment, she didn't speak, letting the thoughts just well up in her throat. She had no idea what would come out if she opened her mouth to speak. Grief? Anger? Denial? She just stood there, dumb, until the moment passed, whatever it was.

Pepper's sharp words drew her attention to the situation at hand. "You'll have your drink back in an hour," she said dismissily. "We'll let you know if we have more questions." And they would, too. She, for one, would want to know more about what happened. But not tonight. Tonight, she needed to cry.

C
    Casitive

Given that the spell hasn't been addressed till now. The Transmute Alcohol to Water spell auto-fails.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread