Watch

Catching Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The problem isn't my discomfort, it's your disrespect." The Ithaeur snarled back. It was then that Tony's demeanor shifted entirely, from what was an impatient man to what is now a Wolf eyeing it's prey. "You don't know this, you don't know that, but I have the shield of good intentions to hide my superior attitude behind so it's okay right?"

Arms unfurl to reveal the fists underneath. Finally one shoots up between the two, but the only thing that gets to close to Chuck is an extended pointer finger."It's not Oathbreaker, and I'm not letting you bother my Alpha if all you have is a smug attitude to offer her."
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

T

Chuck's body pressed against the side off his SUV and his hands closed into half fists, drawn close to his body as he tried to back off from the predator in front of him. He had no doubt how he'd come off if it came to blows and his only hope would be that Tony would be able to restrain himself before Chuck was killed. He considered briefly how hard it would be to get a pistol out of his bag before Tony eviscerated him, then dismissed the thought. If Tony wanted to harm him, pulling a gun would only make the situation worse.

His face barely moved as he was called Oathbreaker. But he swallowed and took a calming breath. This wasn't how he wanted or expected the conversation to go and he wondered if it was too late to turn it around.

Two years fighting the Pure and you'll let a pup's smug attitude stop you from letting him help?

"I respect you for what you've done. I really do. So I'll give you this. If you don't like what I'm doing, asking or where I'm directing my efforts, tell me what I can do. You know the history of this place. The landscape, layout and customs. Tell me what the next step is." he said hoping to come across as genuinely trying to be helpful.

He opened his hands and held them out from the side of his hips a little, palms towards Tony in an open gesture.

2 suxx hide emotions (-1WP)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-28 21:21:38 Chuck rolls 4 to Call me oathbreaker. It's all good (Com+Sub-1Unsk) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 4, 1, 9 2 successes

Contesting Chuck's subterfuge let's you see this

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arms crossed once again across his chest as Tony continued to glare at the pup before him.

"First off, watch what you say and how you say it. The Low Honor the High, and the High Respect the Low." Tony started, fully aware of what the first thoughts he'd be conjuring were. "When the Low disrespect the High, they get beat down and removed. When the High dishonor the low they get ganged up on and taken down. If Slick got a bad impression and you're now going off on what I don't know guess what? The problem isn't just us, so check yourself before we wreck you."

"After that though? Fuck if I know." The Ithaeur gave an overenthusiastic shrug. "The enemy is dead, and Bull Rush wrecked what was left apparently. What's next is I get my territory back aft-"

Tony stopped mid sentence, smiling to Chuck before starting again. "You know what? There is something you can look into if you got the time. There's a Court of Greed spirits in downtown, gave my last pack a run for their money and are apparently still around in ambiguously stated capacity. Keep an ear out but don't engage them, pups aren't going to be able to handle them when Elder wolves fell to their guardian."

We all know Tony sucks at Empathy so...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-01 23:11:04 Tony Ward rolls 3 to being Empathetic? (Wits+Empathy) (10 Again) 8, 5, 4 1 success

T

Of course the problem isn't just you. Though you're the one who got defensive about the last misunderstanding because you're all chummy with Slick, so don't pretend that it's all my fault either. If you're too stupid to take help from someone because you don't like the way it's offered, that's not my problem either. Chuck didn't say.

"I'll be more careful to not say the wrong thing to the wrong people." the Elodoth actually said, attempting diplomacy.

"So are you going to put me in contact with Slick? Or do I have to..." track her down myself? "...leave disappointed?" he asked cautiously. He still wanted to talk to the other member of the Granite Watchtower, but whether or not Tony thought it would be a good idea was another matter.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good." Tony said. He remained as he was, arms folded as eyes bore into the Alpha. "Her number is [Numbers]. I'll call her first to let her know you have her number and avoid further anger."

Eyes narrowed on Chuck. "Anything else?" Tony wasn't dumb, he saw the way Chuck shrank just a moment ago. If he wanted out this was his chance.

T

Chuck pulled out his phone and entered the digits then looked back up. "I don't know. I'm new here and still trying to find a place to fit. If you think of anything else... Well you've got my number." he said and left it at that. For some reason he didn't feel comfortable turning his back on Tony to get into the SUV while the other wolf was so close. It made no sense to Chuck that Tony would be violent now, but he wasn't about to risk it.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You're an Alpha, figure it out." It was a bit harsh to say, but you don't earn that title by following orders from others.

He watched Chuck a he clamored to his vehicle, a hint of amusement sprinkled across his face. "I'll call you." The Ithaeur said, trying not to laugh.

Good to end scene?

T

"Fine." Chuck replied neutrally, waiting until Tony had left before stepping into the SUV.

Good scene. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2