Ended
Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
(SVD) Killjoy's Corner

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Trying to hide her embarrassment, she focused her attention elsewhere. She tried listening to the book talk but lets face it, those weren't her style. Academics had never been in her interest and she viewed reading as part of that. So while she listened to everybody and turned her head aside, she watched the dance floor. Just in time to catch Sasha's performance. It was... quite breathtaking. The way the two of them moved, she'd swear she wasn't watching a movie. They moved perfectly, more like one mind with two bodies than one separate person. It made her want to move like that, inspired her to embrace her passions so fully. Which is why Daniel's sudden request took her by surprise.

"Wh-what? You wanna dance? With me? Umm." Her heart beat a staccato in her chest. Forget him reading the card with her around, this was way more intimate. What if she embarrassed herself? Could she dance? Was he just pulling her leg? She was so flustered, she didn't even catch Ava's sly grin. Though she did grow red at Alex's comment. She received her card without even looking at it, sticking it in her back pocket and using that moment to compose herself. She slowed her heart down and tried to regain her composure. With a much less red face, steadier sentences, and a grin on her face, she replied, "I mean, yeah. Sure. But you lead, I've never really danced before."

Maybe it was Katrin's speech. Maybe it was L'aire and Kyle's dancing. It could've been Alex's comment or even the alcohol. More likely than not, it was all that and probably more, but Tessa decided why not let loose? She really didn't have anything to lose, Daniel apparently could already read her like... well, like a book, and she probably didn't have much dignity to lose in the first place. And when else was she going to get this chance? Despite her more composed state, her ears and tail twitched excitedly, giving away how giddy this made her. Despite asking him to lead, she was quick to grab him by the arm and lead him to the more open dance floor.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Tessa was quiet for what seemed to Daniel was a long time, though that was probably just him. He really hoped he hadn’t scared her, or embarrassed her, or something else stupid.

Luckily Daniel was saved on two fronts. First by the Winter Queen handing him a card and breaking up the growing awkward moment. He could guess who it was from and probably what it said in the basic gist. So he followed Tessa’s example and put it away for later.

And then Tessa saved him from Malory’s general wrath. One wouldn’t expect someone to be upset about getting a card with a kitten on it, but the anger of Summer apparently knew no bounds.

“Could have been a puppy pun,” he said with a small smile as his Steescrambler partner dragged him onto the dance floor.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

S
    Saeyer

She jotted down the names or authors of Alex's suggestions, whichever she found easier to remember as they flowed by. She'd take a chance to look them up when she was next at work, maybe one of them was in the store, if she was lucky. If not the library might be a better bet. But it was always fun to get into something new and different, and who could resist an endorsement from a real person vs the usual dust jacket pandering.

A fond, warm smile took her face at Morgan's thanks, though the bowed head was still new to her. She liked being respected as much as the next person, maybe even more, but she missed the more informal moments that took place away from their respective positions as well. Maybe I was too formal... But it had been a question that deserved a real answer, and she'd answered it to the best of her ability. Maybe this was just something to get used to?

"Oh!" Surprise and various degrees of excitement flashed across her face at Alex's research interests. "Well you're in some amount of luck, I just contributed my notes on Oneiromancy to the Autumn Hollow. No wonder you were interested in the gum," she said, a faint laugh in her tone. "I'd be happy to show you my bits and pieces about the Hedge once they're done, if you like, but Rick Pereg might also be a good resource. He's just over there," she nodded toward where he stood with Terri. "Strong Autumn mantle, well versed in the Hedge. Him, plus Morgan's excellent Beastiary, might be a good combination." She wanted to ask what drew him to Oneiromancy, but the arrival of Katrin Byeli put things on pause.

It felt very strange to accept a Valentine from the hands of the Winter Queen, especially when she hadn't expected one. Taking a moment to read it, she snickered at the cheesy kitten pun and took a closer look at the coupon attached to it. "...Hydrangeas?" She wasn't sure she even knew what a Hydrangea was, but it seemed like a specific choice on behalf of the giver. Or they just had a random coupon. For flowers. Yep, because who doesn't have those. The whole thing was almost uncomfortably cute and she tried not to let on she was a little bit touched as Mal rolled back in. Pleased to see Daniel and Tessa head to the dancefloor, she gave her motleymate a crooked grin and raised an eyebrow. "The guy hangs out with ghosts, he may not have a proper fear of what bad puns can do to people."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's face went from worried and embarrassed to confused as she started looking back and forth between her card and the identical one held by Malory. When she got it, she let out a loud sigh of relief, "Ooooh, heh. Frrriendhsip card nada-romance cards, heh. Good-good-good, w-w-w-would have b-been awkward...ano-and no Malory, kitty-cat d-does not fit you...I t-t-think I got a f-flower coupon t-too, heh." Well everyone else was mentioning what their cards had gifted, so why not?

Morgan smiles as she waves bye-bye to Daniel and Tessa, "Hazzz funs yoz two, heh." She then returned her focus to Ava and Alex. She blushed a little when Ava called her Bestiary excellent, "T-t-thank you. I t-try to add stuff...though some ssstuff adds to it on its own, probably the Wyrd or the spriii-no-no-no way the wee-folk c-c-could do it," she shook her head rapidly, as if trying to toss out such a silly idea. "Um...I-I've got the a book on spooks and dat orange notebook somewhere. Um, heh-heh, it-t-t had Contracts in it. The notebook, nada da spook book." She wasn't going to mention her newer research projects. She wondered if she and Ava should try to coordinate their research contributions to the Autumn Archives.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex beamed at Morgan's agreement, and also the idea of getting a Tour of the Autumn Archives - but that would have to wait for speaking with Queen Betony Rue. Then the dark haired one came back, waving a valentine around... "You're back, I don't think I was given your name earlier." He opened his mouth to suggest that they were form valentines given out to everyone, but Queen Katrin showed up, which led to him holding his breath until she left. At which point Morgan spoke up and dashed that theory. Well, at least he didn't feel odd about not receiving a card.

Alex held his breath until she left, though immediately relaxed when his hands remained empty. He paused just a little to smile as Tessa and Daniel headed for the dance floor, then turned to Ava, calling his on excitement back up. "Well, I hadn't been told that the gum was oneiromancy, but he a bit of suspicion. Mostly though I don't like being teased with only parts of a story. Though it's more connected to that interest than I anticipated." He was oddly solemn for, well, himself, as he said that last bit. He couldn't help remembering the hospital he'd spent so much of his time at in his teens...

"And thanks for pointing out Mr. Pereg. Err. How can I get in touch with Queen Jasons to see about the archives? And uh - I don't really want to pull any of you away, but-" He blushed, then glanced to were Rick and Terri stood, then between Morgan and Ava. "Any chance one of you would be willing to introduce me to Mr. Pereg? It seems rude to go over there when he's obviously speaking with someone." When he glanced in Rick's direction again he quickly revised, "Uh, more than just someone it seems." He shifted from foot to foot, hopping slightly before shaking his head. It was a sweet scene that he'd glimpsed, and he didn't want to disturb it.

"Or maybe I should wait for a different day."

S
    Saeyer

"Ms. Jasons runs a boarding house, Edna's; she can be reached on the phoneline there, but it might be best to see her in person first. It's also a good place to know if you ever need a place to stay." Digging a pen and a scrap of paper from her pocket, she scribbled down the number and address beside thin block capitals that read 'Edna's.' "Here. She's strict, but she's fair." Ms. Jasons had been a good deal more than fair to her, but she was also terrifying in a way the fish-faced woman knew she was never going to fully get over. And if she ever thought she was over it she needed to reexamine her life.

It took a moment of staring in the direction of Rick and Terri to catch why Alex might not want to go over there currently, and also to register that maybe the couple wasn't quite as separated as they had seemed. Huh. She wasn't going to pretend she really knew what was happening, aside from the obvious. "Now that you mention it, he seems a little busy. But I'm sure Morgan or I could introduce you sometime, maybe at the next 'Hold event?" She looked to Morgan for confirmation. Neither of them were really ones to skip Freehold functions, even ones like this, and since Spring was coming up it seemed safe to assume the Spring Courtier would also be in attendance.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Following Alex's gaze, Morgan noticed exactly why he was reluctant to interupt Rick's activity.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-06 15:33:57 Morgan Bellenar rolls 5 to Res + Com (10 Again) 5, 10, 1, 10, 4, 7, 3 2 successes

Morgan managed to hold her jaw shut and prevent the girlish "squee" that tried to get out at the sight of Rick and Terri together. She just had to think of something else. Like introducing Alex to Betony and not thinking on Terri and Rick, right?

Doing that worked as she did come up with an idea that wouldn't have to wait for the next big event either. Facing Ava, she raised her free hand with her index claw extended to emphasize her point: "Um, Ava? T-t-there is earlier option-n for Alex-meeting-Betony, uh, wid me azz introductor. Eh-heh, I-I-I do ssssupply runs for the boarding house sometimes, yup-yes," she then turned to Alex with a grin, "Zzzzzo long as you don't mind-willing-able to carry groceries-non-perishables, ye c-c-could join me on such a run, heh-heh. T-then introduce to Betony be-e-e-e result wid pos-pos-pos-favorable first impression, heh." And maybe if Alex had a car she'd not have to pay for a cab when delivering supplies for once.

8. Likes RebornSeas liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex hummed thoughtfully, then grinned to the Autumn courtiers. "I'd be happy to help Moragan with her grocery delivery to meet Queen Jasons, And meeting Mr. Pereg at the next freehold meeting seems best. I'll owe you one if you want to do the introductions, Ava."

S
    Saeyer

"That's a good idea, Morgan." It wrapped up any loose bits very neatly, and Alex seemed amenable; besides, meeting Ms. Jasons with a friendly acquaintance might be a more pleasant experience than meeting her alone.

A sharp, friendly smile answered the Windwing's comment about the next Freehold event. "I'm game for that," she said, setting her empty glass on a table. She loitered, happy to chat, until the conversation reached a natural lull and she took pity on Mal. They hadn't meant to stay very long at all, but maybe she should've known that wasn't going to go as planned. When they left, they did so in search of dinner.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.