Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper leaned back in her chair as she considered Truce's initial response. "Some part of me chafes at realizing how close our positions of power can be oppressive... Yes, our intent is at least partially to find was to guide sleeper populations into following us. Though the best of us - the Best of us use that power to help free our followers from things that Burden them. Aquinas is a good example, he influences sleepers mostly through organizing charities and community action groups."

She had her own hopes for organizing Fandoms to take action, but well... not every fandom turned into a Carol Corps.

And Consilium? Yikes. "It's... Okay, the other orders first: The Free Council has a lot of shifting membership, but many of them are at least talking about how to take action. When and how they will? I don't know. The Arrow are active, though more individually than as a group. They've been consistent with meetings and working on tactics, though, from what I've heard from Animus and Mace. I don't know what the Guardians are doing, or not doing, which means they could be doing alot and just not sharing the knowledge of what they've done... or it means something is happening with them that means nothing is currently happening. As for the Mysterium, I've heard more about what they aren't doing than what they are. Miach's something of a frustration to me, as an Acanthus, because he refuses to have an opinion on anything. If the rest of the mysterium are like him... I can see them stagnating. Though Miach has developed an ability to take inititive on some things, so who knows?" She shook her head.

"As for the Ladder taking the lead in the Consilium and wrestling back the chaos that seems to take it... I'd love for that to happen. I have a feeling that the city's Deacon when I first got here - Ixidor - had plans and hopes for it, but I haven't heard from him since our first discussion. I'm feeling rather like I did when the Ladder was first tasked with gathering precedents from the previous Lex Magica and Charter: despite it being a Task intended for the entire order, I'm facing it alone, and there's too much to do to fully understand where to start." She grimaced at that admission. "Though, I hope this task like the first will come much easier once I can see that first step."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Free from burden..." repeats Truce distantly, it echoing neatly with his own vision.

When Pepper relates her experiences with the Orders, Truce's attention hones in. "From the sounds of it there may still be a way to make Ixidor's plans a reality. There's already a growing trend towards organization as we can see from the last formal gathering. I know there's been some criticism thrown around about everyone's stance and performance, but there's bound to be grumbling from the masses. The point is there was discussion and progress. Now, from what you're telling me it seems as though the Arrow is currently the more influential Order at present. We need to cooperate with them closely in order to gain any traction."

Truce stands once more from his seat, feeling anxiety in his legs as he shares his thoughts. "Asp, the Sentinel, is the highest ranking among them is she not? What have your dealings with her been like?"

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

It was hard not to smile at Truce's drifting words. "An idea you're familiar with? The Ladder believes, in general, that the burdens put on us against our wills are part of what keeps humanity Sleeping. So, where ever you can, ease those burdens, encourage sleepers to go further, go faster, to reach higher and always seek more of life. In this way... they just might find that they can punch a hole through the Lie, and find the power to be their own beacon to humanity." To be the Stars we were always meant to be. A smile was definitely playing on Pepper's lips now, just a small flitting one that said she knew a secret.

Though Truce bringing the conversation back to practical matters made that smile fade. "You've got the right of the situation, from where I stand at least. Asp is competent, young, but capable. She's not directly forceful, but people often wind up following what she says. I've had limited encounters with her, but she's a kind person."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce isn't sure how to answer Pepper, at least in regards to the guidance of Sleepers. There is still much he doesn't know about the process of Awakening, and it seems at present an impossible mystery to unravel. But he nods his affirmation rather than voice these doubts.

"That's good that Asp seems so collected. That means she is rational. We should really try to coordinate our efforts with her, openly and honestly. Perhaps we should meet with her, under a social pretense so there's no pressure of grand expectations, and then let her know our intentions. Then again, my own brief encounters with her have been rather direct. Perhaps she would appreciate that approach..."

Truce gazes seriously in front of him as he paces, hands clasped behind him. After a moment he stops and looks embarrassed at Pepper. "Ah, sorry. I, umm, guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Do you think it's a good idea? Unification all starts with a single allegiance but I don't want to overstep my bounds."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper blinks, then laughs. "You were doing so well there for a while. It's an excellent idea, I would have spoken against it if I thought otherwise. I'd recommend the Direct approach. It's hard to get a hold of her for social endeavors, and being direct would get the you the meeting faster."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles softly, if sheepishly at Pepper's laughter, a finger raising to scratch at his temple reflexively. "Ah, thank you. The direct approach it is then. I'm glad we're able to get on the same page so easily. I'm hoping that it will go this smoothly with Asp, but I know that may just be wishful thinking. I don't believe I have her number. I don't suppose you're able to contact her? Or if you feel comfortable giving it to me I could try contacting her myself to arrange a meeting. Well, I guess we can do that later. I'm still not sure if I have a full grasp of what will be expected of me within the Silver Ladder. Cryptopolies, the Precepts...maybe that's enough for now? Maybe the details are simply something to be experienced over time."

Truce shrugs subtly, slipping his hands along his pant legs as he comes back to take a seat again.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded. "Sometimes, yeah. It's a bit of different culture, in the Ladder." She sighed though, then rubbed her neck. "There should be a social consilium soon, try to reach her there? I'll work on setting up a meeting for all the Ladder though... And I'll have to give up on seeing Gyges today, I've got about ten minutes before I spend the rest of it in meetings."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I'll fill him in on our plans when I see him again. Thank you for your efforts though. I appreciate your making time for us. It'll be good to speak with the other members of the Ladder as well."

Despite having sat down only a moment before, Truce is on his feet again. "Let's meet up again at this Social Consilium and we'll speak to Asp and Gyges there."

With their plans affirmed between them, Truce shares a respectful nod and bids Pepper farewell.

Truce exits scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread