Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1502)D-Reg, T-Burns, and K-Roth

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

"Yes, but what does using those systems do? Just because a system exists does not mean that it should be used, or that it should not be changed. And, just because we are damned does not mean that we are exempt from the effects of what the kine do," Josephine explained, or attempted to.

"I find that merely exploiting them will, ultimately, only enforce the various ways in which they deficient. Much better that we might attempt to educate the kine in the ways which we find best, no? Perhaps you'll find that in doing so they might reciprocate and instruct us in their way, as our peer as wisely denoted."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Um, yeah, I guess..." answers the Savage, trying to follow along with PJ's meaning. "I mean, I agree. What the Kine do affects us." Konrad can't get the image of a classroom setting out of his head, with Vampire teacher Josephine biting into a blood-red apple with a wooden yardstick in hand.

"So, are you saying exploiting them is...bad?" he asks, trying to clarify the point.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"If the intent is simply to benefit yourself, then yes," Josephine replied simply.

C
    Casitive

With nothing truly to add, David simply listens to the conversation between Josephine and Konrad. A tit-for-tat about the role of the Kindred in the lives of the Kine. It isn't a new conversation, but the points of view are.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"So," says Konrad, continuing as he scratches his cheek thoughtfully. "Just being selfish is bad? At least with exploiting Kine? If so, then I might be a very bad man..." he says this with a straight face, as if the label of bad doesn't seem to bother him much.

"But, you're saying the alternative to that is to educate, and let the Kine who are most, umm, learned to act for themselves and for mutual benefit?" Though he admits to having been exploitative, he doesn't seem resistant to the idea of a different approach.

PRE

"Oh, we're all terrible beings. The issue is, if our exploitation serves no purpose besides gratifying whatever is our current desire then that exploitation will ultimately be a useless act, for it will not accomplish anything beyond the immediate gain of a desire. But, to educate the kine in ways that further some goal, one that might, as you say, have a mutual benefit, well, that would encourage a continuity of effects. The effects I desire will invariably be in relation to my religious beliefs, but I do respect those who seek to create other effects, so long as those effects are intended to do more than gratify themselves," Josephine commented.

8. Likes Vassagon liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

With her continued explanation, Konrad begins to see the point Josephine is making. Rather than disagree with the Priscus regarding self-gratification as a useless endeavor, he nods and replies, "All for the greater goal, eh? An idea beyond ourselves? I see what you're saying."

Religion. The irreverent and easy-going Savage had been no more religious in his mortality. The Change brought with it opportunity and an escape from consequence, at least the consequences that concerned Konrad. "Well, I don't see a problem with mutually beneficial arrangements. Ghouls get an extension on life and the few abilities our Vitae gives 'em. A satisfied customer is a returning customer, right?" he smirks at the thought but doesn't seem to offer much more on the topic.

Konrad glances to David, wondering if the man found the conversation boring or if he just had other things on his mind. He wouldn't be surprised for the latter, what with his Whip at risk. "Heh, penny for your thoughts, Priscus? Guess there isn't much of a moral front line for mortician work. Sort of a thankless job with those sort of clients, but at least you make death look good for 'em, eh?"

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

“Sometimes,” David says quietly, “the gratitude comes from unexpected sources. It is sometimes easy to forget, how one person can be both beloved and despised for different reasons. That, itself is instructive."

"The bereaved thank us for the ability to say goodbye. Venus, herself, played a role in the Roman era in funerary customs, after all. Though, I suppose,” the softly-spoken Shadow notes with a small cant of his head, “it is not something many think about so often.”

Drawing his arms up around him, “You can learn quite a lot about how a person lived by how a person died.”

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.