Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Ivory Tower) SuperMegaTactical Van!

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's kind of, ya know, daylight, though," the Warlock replied, jerking her head towards the windshield. Windows let light in. True story.

"Unless, I mean, you think the power lines would start a fire? Is that what you meant?"
    Cause, whoa, totally different story. Much larger, destructive story, but if Asp got compromised it wasn't like the Banishers were going to just forget about it and assume they went away. No, they'd still go a-hunting, so fuck it, might as well burn their house down. Give themselves a literal smoke screen as they made a getaway.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Who's going to look in the van?"

If the van's a rockin', don't come a peekin'. He'd been joking, but if she was down, well, why not? Other than Asp being on a date with Banisher U, a stakeout, and All That.

Seriously, though, why not?

"Uh. A fire?" Burn it all down? "What about, like, collateral damage?"

Fancy term. Because Smiley's People.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

For a second Avis just stared, brows drawn together in utter bewilderment, but then, suddenly, the context fell into place. Fell into place alongside her hand as she gave his bicep a quick slap with the back of her knuckles. There wasn't much force behind the blow, though. It wasn't supposed to hurt, this time.

"Goddamn it, I'm not talking about people looking in the van,"
    she growled, "I'm talking about the windows on the gym! They let in fucking daylight, so it's not gonna be that dark if you turn off the lights! Jesus! Does getting caught with our pants down turn you on that fucking much? Like, we're sitting in fucking bear territory! Again! And I'm staring at Asp's ass in a harness right now, ok? Not really something I want in my head when we're trying to be, ya know, intimate. If you really want to do it somewhere public, fine, but let's wait until we're away from psycho killers who can bend fucking reality."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Windows? Gym?

Reactions. They're like a deck of cards. Indignant Retort. Witty Riposte. In the end, it was Slack Jawed that turned up. Close that mouth, flies will get in.

"Uh."
    Fingers rubbed at eyes. "Right, my, uh, bad. I guess I got a little too dialed in," the free hand turned an imaginary knob, then tapped the notebook.

Turn him on? She was the one always talking about Doing It on Missions. Right? ...Right? Okay, maybe interpretation is subject to the audience, sure, but that didn't make him a pervert. At least, not any more so than anyone else in the demographic. Here's the thing, tho. Make a mistake, suck it up and deal.

Especially when TBD Public Sex is on the table.

"I mean, that, no, I thought that you, you know...,"
    Everyone in the metal shoebox of a van knew what he thought. Clearly. A hand flailed in the space between them. "But, no, yeah, that's not my thing? Like, doing it with Bears around? You just keep... saying... things..."

Really, he wasn't. Crazy kinky. And maybe there would be a better time to explain that, later.

On a nice bridge.

Or balcony.

Or...
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

A sudden quick rapping on the window barges into the auditory scene like the kool-aid man in every commercial from the early 90s.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Shit," Avis spat, the trajectory of her thoughts obliterated by possible bear intrusion.

<<You talk, can't spell,>> Avis signed hurriedly to Star, trying to keep her hands down so that either her body, or Star's, would block the communication from unseeing eyes.

Hopefully, hopefully, he would understand what she meant. It was either drop the scry or cast nothing. Neither option was great in Bear territory.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Holy Debunked Suggestions, Exhibition Man!

File that under Second Thing He'd Never Hear The End Of. An eyebrow arced in synchronicity with a lean and turn toward the window.

"What?"

Oh, right. Window.

Slowly, painfully --if the accompanying squeal was any indication-- the window slid down. An inch. Then two.

"Uh. What?" Take two.

Best get those hands off We's Magical Van before someone gets Busted Up, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

It's okay, really.

This is probably the most exciting thing that will happen to Officer Newman of Sacramento University's Public Safety tonight. She's a middle-aged woman, swaddled in a fleece, blacks, blues, and a severe look that has long settled on her features. That warning from your mother to be careful or it'll stay that way? It's true. At least if you look at Officer Newman.

Patiently, the Public Safety officer waits for the squealing to stop and busies herself with writing something down on a pad of paper.

We've had complaints,” Newman states placidly, “about this vehicle and its current location. License and Registration, please.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Complaints?"

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate.

"What sort of complaints? Like, is there something specific? Are we violating an ordinance? Does the vehicle not meet some requirement?" Oh. My. Gawd. Law students. Gotta love 'em.

"Since when is Driving While Broke a crime? No one complains when I drive to the Bursar's Office to pay my tuition."

Back it up a little, yo.

"And I sure hope you don't take that the wrong way, Officer Newman, really, I totally appreciate what you do for us, I mean, look, it's all cold outside and there you are, I'm just a little, you know, agitated, because all the rich kids and tenured staff... You know. You know how they can be. I mean, maybe you don't. You probably drive something nicer. I'm just, you know. Trying to make it while I go to school. I work my butt off and get spit on, too, what's that all about."

You. Know. Solidarity. Broke Folk Unite. Big Puppy Eyes.

"Not everyone can drive a Volvo."
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes InvertedMonkey, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis waited in her seat, listening to the exchange. Her hands drifted over to the chip bag and sought another piece of fried potato out. Honestly, she didn't feel like putting grease into her body at the moment, but it was something to do. An action that filled time. Better than fidgeting in front of a bear in a uniform.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread