Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1502) Brady and Wooding

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris feels quite silly. And a perceptive Kindred like Erika should notice that he feels that way.

He expects no sympathy. Would Erika have auditioned for Basic Instinct, she would have been chosen for the role of the world's most sexy movie villain.

And is she villain? Some certainly think so.

'I have come to inform you that the Prince requests your presence at your earliest convenience.' Isn't that nice? Next year, when her study on Gangrel intestines are hopefully finished, she can call the Prince for a meeting.

'Accusations of some sorts have been made, and you are to meet with His Grace and the Domain's Prisci.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"Oh?"

Green eyes had been looking through, or past the other Shadow, slowly focused on him. An eyebrow quirked, the corner of a mouth curved. For all of her response, one might think that Erika Brady considered an official accusation to be flirting.

For those that had known her long enough, it certainly elicited more of a response than actual flirting.

"Well, then. I shall endeavor to make my earliest convenience to be whenever His Majesty, and the collective Prisci, deem to be their own earliest convenience -- whenever I am informed of when that is."
    If she were going to be summoned, the least she could glean from it was the small amusement of watching Chris Wooding go poll six others.

"And are we aware of what these accusations might be? Perhaps such forewarning would allow me to prepare for said presentation with evidence, if appropriate."

We.

The word choice was precise. Chris Wooding, after all, was her Hound.

Whatever she was involved in, involved him.

3. Likes Jag, Dark Passenger, Lesingnon liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris smiles. Sometimes, the Regent's sharpness is amusing to behold. Because she simply speaks the truth.

'Good. I shall then contact the Prince, and hopefully update you as soon as possible.' Where is a Harpy when you need one? Although, this way, there is a chance that Chris could remain involved.

After all, this is a matter of security.

'That knowledge has, unfortunately, not been shared with me. However, His Grace is known for his fair trial. In this - by him preferred - course of action, I trust that you will be able to present the necessary counter-arguments and the appropriate evidence at a later date.'

We can't all be as time-efficient as the academic Mekhet
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika simply nodded.

If there was to be evidence presented later, well, certainly her Hound wouldn't mind playing delivery boy. He had a knack for it. Officially accused, some might hasten away; to prepare themselves, or to flee. She did neither. After all, that was for the guilty.

"If I may be so bold, if this is your idea of a 'good evening' for a woman, you might want to work on that. Results are a product of execution."

They could joke, right? A Regent, her Hound, sharing a bit of humor. Had her glance flickered over to a particular dark haired Daeva? Of course not.

Was she making another joke with her choice of the last word spoken?

Of course not.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Now that it turns out that Erika Brady is in a particularly good mood tonight, Chris loosens up a bit.

'Come now, you are not just 'a woman', Regent Brady. I honestly thought 'rescheduling' and 'social meetings' were just two things you happened to like.' Did he think about how she was physically absent during their last family meeting? Not a second.

'But next time I'm planning to make a good impression on someone, I'll come to ask for your advice first.' Did he think about another particular redhead in relation to how he gives women a good evening. Ohhhh yes.

But, because Erika kinda asked for it; and because they have nothing left to talk about; Chris flashes his most handsome smile at the Regent. Time to return to her coldhearted self.

'Perhaps I should see if His Majesty is in his office?'

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"You'll be the first to ever ask me about making good impressions," Erika answered. The first thing every true scholar learns is environmental impact. Some might be oblivious to their own impact on their environment -- she was not. Truth be told, it would be a much more entertaining question than some mousy Mekhet mewling at her for Tenancy.

The prior hint of a smile reappeared, fractionally wider.

"Perhaps so. Good evening, Reeve."

She'd been dead far too long to give a second thought to the handsome Mekhet's smile... as lovely as it was. Besides, she was the sort that found his other qualities --such as learning her priorities-- far, far more attractive in an individual.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Good' as always, is a relative term. Erika probably makes the impression she wishes to make. There's no social butterfly in here that would ever say that her impression is a good one.

Now, Chris is reluctant to say 'good evening', for probably the next two weeks or so.

What he does is make a slight bow with his head, say 'Regent,' and then turn around. There's no time to waste.

Closed Thread