DISPLAYED
(0911) November Court

Page 22 of 42 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... Last

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

When Dirge had finished her performance she bowed with a big smile on her face at the applause. She had forgotten how good that felt to sing and the appreciation of the crowd. She walked reluctantly off the stage with Cerberus at her side. She just hoped that Circe would be pleased with her.

Dirge made her way over to the artwork display. She could not see it, but she really wanted to experience it. She found the wood carvings on display and very gently ran her fingers over them. She knew her hands would not have any oils and if she was careful she thought it would be fine. She felt the texture, shape, and formed a mental picture in her mind. From what she could tell by touch, they were quite good.

She heard the Prince and his party nearby where the statues were placed and she was disappointed that she would have to wait to appreciate them as she could not approach the Prince. She directed her full attention to Mariel when it was time for her to perform and thought it was a lovely performance. She smiled and applauded loudly when she was done singing. I will have to find her later and congratulate her. Dirge turned her attention back to the artwork.

Roll to resist Depression (derangement) success

Having found the place of Elysium and hearing the buzz about court, Adolph quickly makes his way over to where court is being held in the hopes of finally being acknowledged. Wearing his green suit jacket with leather elbows, khaki slacks and dress shoes, Adolph actually looks somewhat classy for once. He even shaved his beard and combed back his hair.

Parking down the road he turns his motorcycle off and quickly walk/runs to the court building. He was late, but hopes he still had time. Making his way to the main doors he nods to the door men and He smiles "Hello... I'm new here, and was told to come be acknowledged. Do I still have time?"

"I'm afraid not, sir," says the smaller and less-remarkable looking of the two doormen. Backing him up is a strong-looking guy with wavy, dark hair and olive complexion. "Once the doors close, none may enter, by order of the Prince. I would recommend asking your Priscus or Covenant head to contact the Seneschal for an appointment."

Circe (speaking to Dirge)

As she watches Mariel, Circe speaks softly to Dirge. "You did wonderfully, Dirge. You and I will need to work on you learning the songs that accompany the rituals to the Goddess, that you may perform them at our services.

"I hope you don't mind another performance so soon, because as soon as Mariel is finished, I will be performing."
    Circe and Dirge had practiced Circe's piece; Dirge was providing percussion backing.

Circe claps and smiles when Mariel finishes.

Aimée (ghosted by DD; speaking to Obsidian

The Toreador studies Obsidian's drawings. Truly, Aimée isn't the least bit impressed, but her standing at Court is too low for her to be so crass as to say so.

"Hmmm... yes, your proportions and use of perspective are not quite right, but there's some underlying talent here. Should you wish to develop that, I would recommend finding an artist willing to act as a mentor. That tends to work for our kind than does trying to take a class."

Circe

Circe returns to the microphone, this time with Dirge, who seats herself a bit behind Circe and arranges a set of African drums and woodblocks. The High Priestess holds a round wooden hoop, something like a tambourine but supporting a number of tiny bells.

"We have two more performances scheduled for this evening. The last performance will be quite a special one. But first, I shall sing a work written and originally recorded by Canadian woman named Loreena McKennitt. Drawing on a Celtic tradition, much of her work deals with pagan themes. The one I have selected is titled 'The Mystic's Dream.' I hope you enjoy it."

Circe shifts the lights so a cool blue spot shines on her, and another on Dirge.

notes on Circe's performance

A clouded dream on an earthly night
    Hangs upon the crescent moon
    A voiceless song in an ageless light
    Sings at the coming dawn
    Birds in flight are calling there
    Where the heart moves the stones
    It's there that my heart is calling
    All for the love of you

A painting hangs on an ivy
    Nestled in the emerald moss
    The eyes declare a truce of trust
    And then it draws me far away
    Where deep in the desert twilight
    Sand melts in pools of the sky
    When darkness lays her crimson cloak
    Your lamps will call me home

And so it's there my homage's due
    Clutched by the still of the night
    And now I feel you move
    Every breath is full
    So it's there my homage's due
    Clutched by the still of the night
    Even the distance feels so near
    All for the love of you.

Dr. Ith Lazarus

Peter looks as one of the random Kindred of this town approaches him.

"Afraid? Certainly not. I've just found it easier to see the people you're looking for from out here. Usually. Plus, I'd rather be studying, but... it's court. So here we are. I don't believe we've met."

As he speaks, Peter makes a quick scan of the crowd, noting the locations of his Priscus, Headstrong, Gideon, Aesop, and Shadow. Shadow? Hey, he could go chat with her! She's fascinating and approachable, in his covenant, and someone fairly new to him. Plus, she talks, which half of his covenant in this city doesn't do, and the other half he'd be staked for going and speaking to them. Shadow is perfect.

Mental note.

Must finish pleasantries first.
    "I see, so then tell me what it is that you study." The doctor replies in a straightforward flat tone.

Lazarus follow's Peter's eyes as he scans the crowd. Neonates are so rude these days; they cannot even maintain something as simple as eye contact.

Mairsil Petrov

"They have been pleasant. I have learned some new things about the domain and its people. What do you think of our newest cousin to town? The one now staked outside probably behind a bush?" Time to play the game.
    He is a charlatan and a fool, but bite your tongue and be modest.

"I feel as if the blood of the lords was wasted on him." It was a simple enough statement, but it conveyed the point clear enough.

*Like everyone else, Max turns to to outburst, shaking his head softly* Yep, just like Christmas.... *He watches the two Invictus with morbid interest, a social train wreck derailing in front of him. He isn't close enough to see what cased the fight, but it must have been one hell of a slight.*

And here come's the calvary... *He thinks softly as the Prince and his guards make their way to break up the argument, when another form makes it's way to Konstantin's side. He stares, dumbfounded as Elanah moves across the room. He reaches his arms out, as if trying to hold her back; willing her to stop moving* Nononononono..... Yes, she did... *He says softly to himself, placing his face in the palm of his left hand with a soft sigh. He rubs his temples; seems the Invictus won't be the only ones getting a talking to tonight.*

I can't leave her alone for 5 minutes... *He mubbles to himself, taking a look around the room after things calm down. Thankfully, Gideon seems unoccupied, and he makes his way over to the other Dragon. He dips his head slightly to the other male* Mr Witherspoon, if I may have a word with you when convenient?
    Gideon looks up from a carved piece of wood he had been admiring, reigning in his Beast as it was confronted with one even stronger. Although he was practiced at it, especially on evenings like this, it never truly got easier.
    "Yes?" he asks, waiting for Max to go on.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

As conversation resumed, Asa, Ishani, and Twist quietly disappeared.

Trumpets began to sound, beginning the strains of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Masquerade", from the "Phantom of the Opera."

Masquerade!
    Paper faces on parade.
    Masquerade!
    Hide your face, so the world will never find you!
    Masquerade!
    Every face a different shade.
    Masquerade!
    Look around -
    there's another
    mask behind you!

A harmony began, of soprano, baritone, and mezzo soprano. Twirling blue and black figures accompanied the music, as Asa spun Ishani into Twist's waiting arms, and apeled forward to receive Twist from Ishani, who then took Asa as Twist stamped her foot and began to sing at the pair.

Flash of mauve.
    Splash of puce.
    Fool and king.

Ghoul and goose.
    Green and black.
    Queen and priest.
    Trace of rouge.

Face of beast.
    Faces.

Asa and Ishani danced, flowing together, and a chassez cape ended with the Harpy singing as Twist wrapped herself around Asa in a languid ending to the chassez cape Ishani had begun, before they began to dance.

Take your turn.
    Take a ride.
    On a merry - go - round

In an inhuman race.

Asa stepped back to admire the women, singing as they came together, seeming to fight for the lead while at the same time moving in perfect tandem.

Eye of gold.
    Thigh of blue.
    True is false.
    Who is who?
    Curl of lip.
    Swirl of gown.
    Ace of hearts.
    Face of clown.
    Faces.

Drink it in
    Drink it up
    'til you drown in the light.
    In the sound.

The women arpeled with Twist moving into Asa's arms Ishani continued the song, with an expression of amusement.

Masquerade!
    Grinning yellows,
    spinning reds.
    Masquerade!
    Take your fill -
    let the spectacle
    astound you!

Asa almost seemed to laugh as he sang, as Twist flowed with her Daeva insouciance to Ishani, where she almost seemed to be at war with the Shadow's precision.

Masquerade!
    Burning glances,turning heads.
    Masquerade!
    Stop and stare
    at the sea of smiles
    around you!

As Twist twirled Ishani behind her Asa stepped forward to recapture her, leaving Twist to finish the song with a stamp of exasperation.

Masquerade!
    Seething shadows
    breathing lies.
    Masquerade!
    You can fool any friend whoever knew you!

Rolls. Each got an EXCEPTIONAL SUCCESS on Dancing and at least 3 on Singing
    Masquerade MP3

Paso Doble dance (begin ~ 2:15):

Masquerade song:

Costumes:
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max dips his head slightly to the other man* I'm recently new to Sacramento; and I'm looking for... like-minded individuals. I'm Maximilian Heinz, Supplicant of Terror. I was hoping... *He trails off as the lights focus on the first singer, another small nod to Gideon to indicate he wished to talk again after the performances were over*

Sebastian walks to Mariel, and barring anyone interuppting him, he claps for her and gives her a wink.

"You did very well, I look forward to hearing you sing again, if that is alright that is. Are you enjoying your evening so far?"
    Mariel turned from her new acquaintance at hearing Sebastian's words. I'm enjoying it now that I'm done being nervous about singing, she laughed. Oh, Circe is going to sing, too!

Mariel listened to the song, feeling almost hypnotized by the ethereal vocal line and exotic drums. She applauded with honest appreciation.

Almost immediately the Prince, Harpy Naetesh and Priscus Twist took the stage. Mariel watched with amazement. She had expected the Harpy and Twist to be graceful, but to see the Prince singing and dancing- and such a complicated dance- was surprising. She didn't think much of the song selection -not one of Andrew Lloyd Webber's best, - but she definitely was impressed with the execution of music and movement.

She applauded again, and wondered if there were any more performers.

L

"Well, I cannot say about every court, this is my third since arriving. However, yes, there does seem to be something on the agenda," he smirks, thinking back to the burning of someone called Gabriel and the eventful Carthian screwup at September's court. "As I said before, I have no problem with you dropping the title. I cannot say that it will not go unnoticed but alas, that is out of my hands."
    "Indeed, we are all slaves to social protocol at times. Probably moreso now than when we were still alive." He pauses as the trio perform their song, applauding much more enthusiastically for this one. Though it's hard to say whether he does so due to the quality of the performance or the stations of the performers. "Have you had any more luck in assembling your Coeterie?"

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Karen nods to Mariel. "Karen Cromwell, Savage recently of Los Angeles. I don't believe we've met, at least not in person."

She looks to say something more, but pauses until after the performances are finished. "I believe I saw you during the dream, but I can't recall exactly at the moment."
    Matteo Guarnaschelli, Nosferatu of the First Estate
    Base: Presence 3 (Artsy) | Blood Potency 1 | Italian Accent | Curse: Soul-Piercing Stare
    ECXXV: Blood 3/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    The Trojan Limo: Blood 5/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    A Gath????????????????????Item

Page 22 of 42 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... Last
Closed Thread