Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
181 - 190
DISPLAYED
(0911) November Court

Page 19 of 42 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last
    L

Wilhelm offers polite applause as he glides away from the growing congregation surrounding the crafted pieces of artwork. A good thing he had chosen to examine them early indeed. Looking around briefly; he decides to walk over to another of the Kindred he had met before, Jayant. "Primogen Nagaraj," sure he had mentioned that he preferred to be simply called Jayant, but it was always best to err on the side of caution at court. Especially considering what had happened to the fool Ventrue earlier, "a pleasure to see you once more. How are you this night?"

Obsidian approaches Aimee Noel from well within her visual range.

"Ms. Noel, I apologize for not being friendly enough earlier. I am a struggling not only with my artistic skills, but my opinion of my skills, as well. Do you have any artistic interests of your own?"
    ST Note: Aeolus sent me a PM, noting that currently he has spotty online access at best (something to do with the primary Internet provider where he lives). He asked me to ghost Aimée , so I will attempt to do so, though I'm not confident in my ability to give her that special Aimée flair.

"I am not an artist myself, but I am a lover of art," Aimée says. "I have studied art extensively and am an art historian and critic."

"And I have exceptional taste," she thinks, though she does not say this aloud.

[QUOTE=Shouldabeenadog;38461]And then her applicant approaches.
    [COLOR="Plum"]"Ahhhh, Knight Applicant Emmet, so good to see you."[/COLOR] She politely inclines her head, to acknowledge his existence. His lack of a bow however, is noted. [COLOR="Plum"]"It took many hours indeed, but I know that I can do better if I had been given enough time. I have been hard at work on it since the last court." "This is Father Nathanael, of the Lancea et Sanctum, Sister Mariel Fitzgerald of the Lancea et Sanctum, and this nobleman here is Wilhelm Von Schusten."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Plum"]"Tell me"[/COLOR] she says, in a quieter voice, [COLOR="Plum"]"how goes your preparations. I trust that a guardian angel has been aiding you?" [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Walter claps along with everyone else. It truly was an inspiring act. He turns back to the company. [COLOR="Red"]"Father Nathaniel, Sister Fitzgerald, Mister Schusten..."[/COLOR] he says, nodding to each. He certainly couldn't bow now. Perhaps a handshake? He reaches a hand out. Can't hurt to try.

[COLOR="Red"]"Indeed,"[/COLOR] he replies when he has a chance. [COLOR="Red"]"And her aid has been most helpful. I am currently scheduled to meet with my Priscus for different purposes, but I hope to find some assistance there as well. On the advice of said angel, I have a meeting with a Miss Naetash, and the location of a metalworking shop under a Mr. Benvanidez."[/COLOR]

Regina Pia

PRE

"Excellent. Do not forget to properly pray after receiving such heavely advice."

While some are still applauding Dirge's performance, Circe makes her way over near Mariel and says "Mariel, you are up next."

As the applause for Dirge's performance dies down, Circe takes the microphone again. "While the next performer prepares for her performance, I wanted to state that although we have a certain number of scheduled performances, last-minute additions to the performance roster as also invited."

Looking back and seeing Mariel is ready, Circe says "Tonight's next performer is the Lancea et Sanctum's current political representative, Sister Mariel Fitzgerald." After adjusting the light to a clear white spot, she steps away.

Mariel stepped onstage, walking confidently and taking the wireless mic from Circe. Now that the time was here, she could concentrate on the performance and block out everything else. Thank you, Lord.

I was inspired to choose this song after my experience in the dreamscape many of us shared, she said. She smiled as the music began. Her voice rang out sweet and clear. Not an opera singer's voice, to be sure, but she radiated an almost childlike innocence that was compelling.

OOC

Like a tiny seed firmly in the soil
    Nurtured with a love I think so rare
    Given room to breathe, given time to see
    It’s now so clear to me
    You were there, you were there

When I was just a flower afraid out in the forest
    Hiding from the shadows all alone
    I knew you’d be along, my faith in you was strong
    Like a favourite song
    To lead me home, you led me home

And with each changing season
    I grow a little stronger
    Rising up to touch the open sky
    And if I gave you a reason
    not to hold me any longer
    You gave me a thousand reasons why

You are my steady oak standing tall and strong
    Protecting me with everything you have
    And I know deep inside
    I would not have survived
    Without you by my side

As she sings, Mariel pours all her emotions into this musical expression of her gratitude, and moves her hands lightly and expressively to convey what she is feeling. Her eyes light on various Kindred- Mother Superior, Madison, Regina, Ishani. She finishes, and gives a slight, graceful curtsey to those watching her performance.

Thank you for listening, she said, smiling out her joy and relief as she felt an immense burden lifted.

S
    Steven

Markos

Markos stood among the crowd and listened to the performances. Once done he applauded with the audience. "So many people here I would have loved to get on film. But I am not hearing anything that may be of use. I haven't even talked to anyone. Still nervous around this many Kindred..." He thought to himself.

Elanah

"Impressive" she said as she clapped for both performances. One day maybe there will be martial deminstrations so I may show my prowess. she thought to herself.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph applauds after each of the performances, though similar to the art around him they don't move Joseph as much. And he isn't sure why.... Joseph makes his way over to Mairsil Petrov leaving the Priscus alone for now as he doesn't feel like having to deal with that show.

"Hello again cousin, how have things been with you?"

Sean applauds loudly, grinning. He remembered Mariel from the dream, only then she didn't look so skinny as she did tonight. He would have to go over and compliment her on the song once he got the chance.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Peter

Peter, still lurking around the outer walls of the venue and ducking his city-mates as much as possible, gives honest applause after both performances.
    Scanning the crowd, he seeks his Priscus still on duty -- as usual -- and no one else to go talk to. And so he plays the wallflower, occasionally working to keep the Beast within him placated when others stroll too near.

Wade

Wade, still standing near Madison Wells, until such time as she is both free to chat and notices him, listens intently to the singing of both ladies, and eagerly applauds at the conclusion of each performance.
    He temporarily wonders if he should approach Victoria Stamford, but after the outburst just a bit ago, he decides it's still better not to tempt the fates.

Page 19 of 42 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last
Closed Thread