Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Lambs) A Fly on the Wall

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Cross

Blink. Blink. There was so much nudity, and anger...

"I didn't! Dude, I just work here. Keep the place, handle the vans, that sort of thing. There are others, though. Did someone try and take you?"

His eyes were bulging, and he actually seemed a bit like he was about to piss himself, as if the circumstances he found himself in were really quite bad.

He's playing dumb. 1 sux on Wits+Empathy will reveal it.

1 sux subterfuge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-11 18:47:26 The Guy rolls 5 to Play Dumb (10 Again) 2, 7, 6, 2, 9 1 success

Miach

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-11 23:39:03 Miach rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Empathy 1 (10 Again) 5, 6, 10, 4, 2 1 success

Circumstances being what they were, Miach couldn't vent out all his fear, anger, and frustration. But that didn't mean he still couldn't roll his eyes.

"Please..." was all he said.

C
    Cross

The guy stared at him. Caught. Well, that was less than ideal. "Fair enough. So what you gonna do, man? We're in sort of an awkward position here, where I gotta bring you in, but you're pretty obviously a Life guy of some knowledge. I'm just sayin'. This could get really ugly. So, why don't you just come with me? I bet the Mistress would love to meet you."

Miach

PRE

While Miach didn't trust the man one bit - and why would he, really - the prospect of a potential conflict was bone-chilling for the Acanthus. The man was offering time, at least, if not a way out of this situation. And perhaps even tidbits of information.

"I'm not saying 'no'." the doctor started with. "But please tell me more about your Mistress, if you don't mind ?" he asked in a tone that he tried to make respectful. If the guy in front of him - a thug of sorts, probably - was calling someone Mistress, it meant he had a measure of fear, if not even respect, for the woman. So perhaps playing along could be the wise thing to do for now.

C
    Cross

"Sure. She's in the business of helping Mages get freed from the Lie. Truly, she's... like, wow. Just a phenomenal person, helping people like you and me along. I'm her helper, but she says that soon she'll free me, too, and then I'll be able to journey Up."

He sounded like he really believed what he was on about, a certain eagerness in his eyes and tone that made it plain to see.

Miach

PRE

Miach didn't know what was more frightening: the obviously genuine belief in the man, or the fact that a part of him wanted to believe what he said ? But the Acanthus couldn't forget that he'd been targeted for abduction once again... it couldn't be a good sign, no matter how you looked at it. No matter how tempting...

"That's..." exactly what Menwel had tried to do with him, and what he was hoping to achieve some day, if he were honest with himself. "Ambitious."

Though it might depends on what "freed" meant. "And you've seen her do it already ?" he couldn't help but asking, his tone somewhat incredulous, and yet hopeful.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Cross

The fat guy nodded emphatically, his excitement written all over his face. "Oh, yes, sir! It can be done, I've seen her do it a couple of times! Freed a couple of Magi recently, actually. It just takes great power, and the Mistress has that power! I heard rumours that she might have found another just like her who has that sort of raw potential here in Sacramento, too. A big muscular fella, real strapping with a badass scar! I'm super excited to meet him."

If that hint doesn't make sense to Miach he can roll Int+Comp+1 (Striking Looks) for memory.

Miach

PRE

For any long time resident of Sacramento, it was hard not to guess to guess who was described there. None other that the strongest mage in the Consilium. Animus. Uh-oh... That was too much to hope that Miach could hide his realization, and he probably made a face. That changed a lot.

"I can see how you could be." he said, though he had personally no desire to be caught between the Shaman and another mage on the same level, especially if things were to go sour. Someone else, much more capable and experienced, was handling this whole situation. He could disengage, or at least try to. Unless Animus needed help. And noone else but he was aware of it. Damn !

"You know what..." the mystagogue didn't even have to force his tone, because what he expressed was the raw reflection of his feelings "the day you meet him, I'd like to be a part of it.

How does that sound ?"
    he offered, trying to sound hopeful, while still somewhat incredulous at the same time.

C
    Cross

"Today! Today is the day I meet him!"

The man beams at Miach, obviously excited.

"Would you like to come with me? We can make that happen."

A ride being offered! How convenient!

Miach

PRE

Fate... how far would one have to go to understand its intricacies ? While his studies were far from complete, Miach would have to be blind not to consider it a sign. With a sigh of giving up against strings he couldn't see, the Acanthus nodded. "Alright. Let's do that."

Then he realized that he was still naked, and blabbered "but I need to put on clothes before that !"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.