Watch

Early Afternoon Coffee

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Saeyer

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri couldn't help but nod at Ava's comment, looking back towards the table where the Hunterheart was seated. There was certainly something appealing about him, from a purely physical attraction. Perhaps it was the scars. Trailing behind Ava with her own drink, Terri perched herself on the stool once more, placing the drink on the table's surface. As it seemed Nathan and Coco were talking about something already, the Legate simple smiled and listened.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Perhaps I do not need to," Coco replied enigmatically after an annoyingly long pause and a few sips of her coffee.

She leaned back in her chair as Ava and Terri arrived and the wasp crossed her legs nonchalantly, giving the two women a friendly grin to welcome them back to the table.

"What we are doing now is, I believe, what you truly desire, Nathan," she continued, changing the topic back to what she'd been discussing with the stranger. "We are participating in companionship, and that is what all truly want, wouldn't you say, Terri? Or you, Ava?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, thank you."

He said it when Ava came back with his coffee, still a little hesitant. Didn't I thank her already? He took a sip without bothering to add anything. How long since he had last drank coffee? Ages, it seemed. Barely any at all since he had returned. Funny, he couldn't even remember how he used to drink it in the olden days. Whether it was his Durance messing with his head or just plain terrible memory he couldn't tell, but anything was better than rain water and discarded food these days.

"No need to worry. Hungry doesn't even begin to cover it."

He smiled, trying to pass it off as a joke. He didn't want it to look like he was complaining. He hadn't joined the Winter Court for a reason, after all. He turned to Terri.

"So, about what I asked you about..."

He pondered the Spring girl's answer. Maybe she had a point. Of course, she didn't know half of it. And he still had the distinct impression there was something impish about the way she was teasing him. In moments like these he wished he could read minds. Or at least be better at reading non-verbal cues.

"Maybe I do wish companionship." He answered, again with a broad smile. "I doubt you wish my companionship for any extended length of time, however. I am terrible, terrible luck. I would tell you to ask my previous 'companions'... but I don't think they're in a position to answer."

He shrugged and focused on his newly acquired bagel, examining it as if it was the most fascinating thing he had ever seen.

OOC

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

She grinned at Nathan as he accepted the bagel; she didn't know the whole of his position, but she'd lived a little rough when she first came to Sacramento. Nothing too terrible, but nothing particularly comfortable. Staying happily fed had been difficult for much of that time.

"Companionship is certainly something that I prize," she said in response to Coco, "Though I couldn't speak for everyone. It seems equally legitimate that some people might wish to be left alone." Not, in her experience, Beasts. "But, I like having other people to bounce off of."

Nathan's comments about bad luck and his previous companions certainly sent up warning lights, though if he was a privateer it was a strange way to lead in. "Better ill luck than ill intent." Her tone was light as ever, but in the moments he spent examining the bagel her eyes regarded him shrewdly. It would be stupid to overlook such a warning, even willingly given. At the same time, though, how many perfectly ordinary people believed they were bad luck? Was it an excuse for things that might have happened to him, or personal inadequacies? Too soon to tell.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"If there is ever a time when you might be lacking for a person to bounce off of, I would be delighted to assist you," Coco grinned, flashing a wink at the Nix before the Wasp's cup was raised to her own, far less mesmerizing lips.

Her eyes briefly moved to Terri, who had been strangely silent for quite some time, but she figured she should let the fluffy tailed woman emerge from the confines of her thoughts on her own. People could become terribly unpleasant if you interrupted them, after all. Thus, she turned her attention back to the predatory man.

"Well, the thing is, Nathan, I have chief been atop Lady Luck's cap as of late, and I must say that I'm not too fond of heights. Much better that I be lower in her affections so that I do not get knocked beneath her tread whenever she decides to change her style of hat."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri finished her drink as she listened to the conversation. When Nathan mentioned about what he asked, Terri gave a nod before pulling out a piece of paper and jotting down her number.

"Give me a call, we'll chat," she said with a smile, holding out the paper. When it had been passed over, Terri apologized to Ava and Coco, mentioning something about wrapping presents before heading out.

Exit scene
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Saeyer

Bidding farewell to Terri, the remaining trio stayed to finish their drinks and indulge in each other's company. The conversation eventually came to a natural resting place and they headed their own ways into the chill evening, off to run whatever errands were required of them with a little caffeine buzz to help.

End Scene (:

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.