THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

That's...really not a laughing matter, Konrad realizes as Michael laughs off the suggested scenario. Maybe he thought I was joking? Even so, Konrad expels a puff of air which depicts a laugh of sorts.

What Michael tells him next is more than a little worrying. "Monomacy? Isn't that some sort of duel to the death? You must've pissed someone off royally," remarks Konrad with a grimace, assuming from Michael's reluctance to participate that someone else had issued the challenge. "Well if it means that much to you I can look into acquiring the tools you're asking for. If you just wanted a shotgun or rifle, I'm pretty sure you can buy those without my services, but there's a waiting period and probably background checks. I'll check with my associates and we can meet up here in a few nights to discuss payment. These guys aren't exactly big on credit cards or checks so it'll have to be cash. That might give you enough time to get some together."

Konrad stuffs his hands into his pockets and stops walking to face Michael. "But before I do that, I hope you know it can be a lot of trouble to bother my connections with a buyer they're not familiar with. Sometimes that means me sticking my neck out for somebody else, and that doesn't come free either. Even if I can't get exactly what you need, I'm going to need some payment up front. I'm talking about a Boon, and it sounds to me like this has got your Requiem on the line. I figure a Blood Boon is fair. I'll have to ask you to arrange a meeting with whoever has taken over the Harpy's duties."

Konrad can only imagine how Michael might react to the suggested fee.

2. Likes Benji liked this post

PRE

Michael nods. "You could say that. I'm still trying to wrap my head around just how pissed of this person is." He refrains from rolling his eyes. Frankly he doesn't even see the point in that. He listens, offering nods here and there, as Konrad lists his concerns. And demands. My favorite word... Boon. When the man sums it up, Michael wastes no time with his answer.

"So a large sum of money and owing you a favor that could risk life and limb?" he brings his hand to his chin, having said the last with no degree of sarcasm. Indeed, he seems to resign to his fate, looking off at nothing in particular. He nods again, settling the matter internally. He looks to Konrad once more.

"I have very little choice in the matter. Still... might I impose a condition of my own?"

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Yeah," answers Konrad, glad that Michael didn't laugh off his request either. "That sums it up. But sure, what've you got in mind?"

Pissed enough to want to kill you, sounds like. And if the Prince okay'd it then that means Clarke thinks it's for a good reason... Konrad considers if helping Michael out might actually piss off Michael's challenger and perhaps even the Prince. Once an official is told about the Boon then it would mean the trade might become public knowledge. Do I even want to do this? Or maybe it'd be like free advertising?

5. Likes Sirith, West liked this post

PRE

"Let's say everything goes well; Boon repaid and I'm still around to do it. I would like to ask that you consider doing business again. Reliable associates are hard to come by in this city." Some meet you at a bar and use you as a bartering chip before even buying you dinner. He mulls over his thought for half a second, not wanting to laugh inappropriately. "My own gratitude would go without saying... I just hope that if our business proves mutually beneficial I can look for your assistance again. Hopefully without owing a Blood Boon?" Michael levels his eyes with the other man's. It isn't a challenge or a jab, per se. He's reading the man.

3 suxx aura perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-08 10:03:28 Michael Travis rolls 4 to Int+Empathy+Auspex-Subject's composure (10 Again) 9, 1, 9, 8 3 successes

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

As Michael opens up his Auspex vision he can see Konrad's Aura enveloping him in a pale dark blue color, laced at the edges by a lavender hue.

"Sure, man. I'm a business man and as long as you've got something to offer then I'll see what I can do." Boons were only as useful as the person who owed them. If Michael survives the duel then that meant he knew how to handle himself, and that would make him pretty useful.

"So, let's review. You need some incendiary rounds, and a gun that'll fire them. Again, I'm not all that gun savvy, but hey I'll do my best. If you know a specific model that's sold locally then that might make it easier on me." Konrad is pretty sure that whatever Michael wants is going to be out of his league, but the man did say that a low caliber alternative would be alright.

"While I'm doing that, you find out who's taken over the Harpy's duties and arrange a meeting and call me when that's set up. Also start getting some money together for the purchase. Anything else? Sounds like this is a rush job so the sooner I get in touch with my contacts the sooner we can make this happen."

My associates make a little money, my name gets a little bigger, and maybe I get a big favor out of all this.

PRE

Michael assesses what he can see of the man's emotional state. Appropriate. I suppose it's all I can really hope for. I'm not looking for a new 'best friend'. He's pleased, at least, with the man's consent to cooperate. Irony is that if the business deal goes through, Michael will actually have to fight for his life. If Konrad had just told him 'no' Michael would probably be packing his things and moving back to Jacksonville. To face a rather disappointed Sumerian Ancient. I'm screwed either way.

Michael makes a quiet, affirming sound like a grunt. "That's about right. I own an M9, so if you can only the ammunition I'll need it in .22 caliber. Any 'gun-nut' could probably make them himself. If you can find a bigger gun with bigger ammunition... all the better."

Michael nods again, eyes seeking out an appropriate exit before the man finishes speaking. "I can be reached by the number I called you from. It should go without saying that if you cannot deliver I will only be compensating you for your time." The man's voice held an edge of irritation just from thinking about the alternative. He stops walking for a moment and offers his hand.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Fair as fair. I wouldn't expect you to owe me if I didn't at least fill my end of the deal," agrees Konrad, giving a pleasant smirk.

Konrad accepts the handshake, reminded again that he is speaking with a fellow predator, one that may very well be better off destroyed in the coming duel. But that's the Predator's Taint talking. For the moment, Konrad doesn't harbor any real resentment towards Michael and is looking forward to a successful business deal.

Now it is up to Konrad to make good on his end, but first he's got to make some phone calls.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

Michael returns a smile - to be polite. "I hope to hear from you soon." His efforts satisfied for now, Michael makes for a fork in the path and diverts himself away. His first thoughts, however, are of contingency. If the man can't deliver, Michael needs to explore other options. A particularly distasteful one come to mind. That hell-cult witch ... maybe she will look out for 'her own'. It's a start. Michael doesn't even know where to begin on the Harpy thing. With luck he could kill two birds with one stone.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

As Michael heads off down the path, Konrad heads the opposite direction, taking out his phone and making sure that Michael hasn't double-backed with a glance behind him.

If he's going to do business with this guy then he wants to know a little more about his reputation. Someone must've heard something about him at Court or through the grapevine.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread