Ended
Watch
161 - 170
DISPLAYED
(0911) November Court

Page 17 of 42 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
    S
    Steven

Arnold takes care of the grisly business outside, with some relish. He helps Konstantin hide the torpid Kindred, tossing him behind some bushes like a sack of grain.

Going back inside he places a hand on Markos' shoulder and takes him aside for a moment. He speaks softly and without rebuke "I noticed and admire your readiness for action. Remember to always be careful to follow my lead, and do not act until I act except in the most extreme circumstances."

"Yes sar, thank ya sar."
    Markos says to his Reeve. After the Reeve leaves him Markos moves on to continue mingling through the crowd.

Charlie nods as Karen leaves him to schmooze with the others in front of the artwork. As he looks around the room to avoid seeming like a wallflower, he recognizes Elanah who also seems to be companionless at the moment.

Didn't I see her also standing stoically with Konstantin at the Asylum also?

There was only one way to find out, walking over to Elanah, he waits to get her attention before saying, "I think I recognize you from the Asylum when you were with Sir Konstantin, am I correct? My name's Charlie." he says bowing his head slightly in respect, unsure if she has a title or not and wanting to avoid disrespect.

T
    The Forsaken

Circe

Circe watches Dirge head off to prepare her performance, then turns as Gahji approaches and addresses her.

"But of course," she says. "I do not believe we've met. My name is Circe."
    "We have not high priestess. My name is Gahiji Mubarak, childe of Nanu, acolyte member of the Mekhet clan. He bowed fully, [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]The honor is mine, high priestess.[/COLOR] As he spoke more of the light vocal inflections entered, and while the introduction was formal, the pure business tone had slipped into history.

L

Wilhelm offers a nod and smile to each new arrival joining their little crowd. It was always best to be polite after all, unless provocation was offered to act otherwise. After the most recent arrival he turns to Regina once more. "Your works seems to have gathered quite the crowd, not that such a feat is the least bit surprising given how exquisite your creation is. There appear to be many questions for you, however. Perhaps it would be best to discuss the details of the visit you spoke of earlier when you are not quite so pressed?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Why don't we each get one?" Asa asked, looking at Ishani and Twist. "We can put them at Reverence, flanking the doors, or at each of our establishments."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

"The Invictus always needs new holdings." Arnold begins to explain "The hotel will be of use when it comes time for us to hold court, and its ballrooms and suites are rentable by Kindred as meeting grounds or temporary havens. It puts me in a position of incurring favors from others. It is also a reliable source of income, once I'm finished paying for it, as reservations are coming in regularly. It's somewhat distinguished, an investment in Sacramento. It's also located in an important location for me."

"What about you, Jessi? What have you been up to since the night of the last Court?"
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Like everyone else, Max turns to to outburst, shaking his head softly* Yep, just like Christmas.... *He watches the two Invictus with morbid interest, a social train wreck derailing in front of him. He isn't close enough to see what cased the fight, but it must have been one hell of a slight.*

And here come's the calvary... *He thinks softly as the Prince and his guards make their way to break up the argument, when another form makes it's way to Konstantin's side. He stares, dumbfounded as Elanah moves across the room. He reaches his arms out, as if trying to hold her back; willing her to stop moving* Nononononono..... Yes, she did... *He says softly to himself, placing his face in the palm of his left hand with a soft sigh. He rubs his temples; seems the Invictus won't be the only ones getting a talking to tonight.*

I can't leave her alone for 5 minutes... *He mubbles to himself, taking a look around the room after things calm down. Thankfully, Gideon seems unoccupied, and he makes his way over to the other Dragon. He dips his head slightly to the other male* Mr Witherspoon, if I may have a word with you when convenient?

Regina Pia

PRE

Nathanael returns a friendly smile. Gender roles post death seem quaint to him, but after the little scene earlier, he doesn't offer a handshake unless she makes the first move.

"Thank you for making me welcome,
    Lady Pia."

He leans forward slightly and lowers his voice just a tad.

"You will have to let me know if I am about to make some horrible scene, this is my first American court. Still, I find tensions always run high at these mixed gatherings, don't you?"
    "Father Nathanael, I will endeavor to do my best. However, please forgive me, but I cannot help but disagree with your sentiment. It is not the mixture of company, but company itself seems to drive tension amongst Kindred."
    Wilhelm wishes her his goodbyes, and she returns them: "Of course Mister Von Schusten, I look forward to it. Call the hotel anytime to make arrangements. I eagerly look forward to our meeting."
    And then her applicant approaches.
    "Ahhhh, Knight Applicant Emmet, so good to see you." She politely inclines her head, to acknowledge his existence. His lack of a bow however, is noted. "It took many hours indeed, but I know that I can do better if I had been given enough time. I have been hard at work on it since the last court." "This is Father Nathanael, of the Lancea et Sanctum, Sister Mariel Fitzgerald of the Lancea et Sanctum, and this nobleman here is Wilhelm Von Schusten."

"Tell me" she says, in a quieter voice, "how goes your preparations. I trust that a guardian angel has been aiding you?"

Jessi says to Arnold "Ah've been learnin' my way 'round town, who's who and what's what among the kine, workin' on makin' a herd an' a coupla loyal ghouls, thinkin' 'bout maybe gettin' involved in some kinda bizness. Nothin' quite as big as a hotel, but still a way t' have somethin'."

She moves closer to Arnold, not quite touching. "Y'know, when Ah think about it, Ah can think of somethin' real nice 'bout ownin' a hotel,"

Circe

Circe nods to Gahiji. "We most definitely need to talk, then, Mr. Mubarak, but that must wait for a bit. Tonight's performances are about to begin, and I must introduce the performers, and prepare for my own performance. Afterward, though please seek me out."

Circe then walks back to the microphone. "As promised earlier, a few of the kindred of the Domain have consented to provide musical performances for your entertainment. The first of these performers is one of the Circle's new Acolytes. I am pleased to present.... Dirge."

She then steps away from the microphone and clicks an electronic device, which dims the lights right around the performance area, other than one bright red spot that shines downward, illuminating the area right behind the microphone.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It had been over going on 6 years now for Dirge since she last performed professionally. She had practiced much in part to get used to singing and also to practice using a microphone, she hoped that it all would not be for nothing. She waited nervously for Circe to introduce her and when the sound system was clicked on she waited for her musical cue.

While she waited for the music to cue up she spoke, "I'll be performing the aria 'Un bel di Vedremo' from the Italian opera Madama Butterfly."

Once the music began she started right on cue. The neverous energy melted away and suddenly she felt the giddy rush that she got when she performed. She was floating as her voice carried across the room.

Page 17 of 42 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
Closed Thread