Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Two Beasts, One Gift

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"It does, right?" Terri commented, nodding with agreement with Mal's description. "Hmmm..." The pen twiddled in her fingers, spinning lazily as the Legate thought some more. "I mean, you know her more than me, otherwise..."

Some more notes.

"Ok, ok, how about this? A poncho that captures the setting sun over the horizon, at that moment when it creates a shadow in the eye, or the candle flame that is used by a scribe in the darkness of studying? Both creates shadows to slip through."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

G
    Greebs

Mal nodded in something that, in the right light, might have been mistaken for enthusiasm. "Yes. That... that sounds much better.... Much more her thing... I think..."

Maybe Ava really would like to be able to play Soggy-Serial-Killer...

But she severely doubted it.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Awesome!" Terri says, glad to have worked out the overall recipe. All she had to do now was work on the details.

"How much do you want to spend on it, Mal?" Terri enquired, suddenly wondering if the Hunterheart had a job. She had never mentioned anything before but then again, when had they ever just....chatted? There was that one awkward moment at Aaren's art gallery.

OOC
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

G
    Greebs

"I am willing to pay whatever your time and skill are worth." Mal said, pensively.She had a job, but Terri was clearly a high end fashion figure. Without some despicable 'Freeholder discount' policy, it was unlikely that that sort of expense could be absorbed easily - and no present in the world would cheer Ava up if followed by '...but now I have no money for rent'. "...even if it means being in your debt for longer than I would like."

Perhaps she was guilty of getting a little over-excited at Terri's eagerness to help. But Mal was a stickler about accepting charity or pity.

"...Unless, because of the nature of the thing, you did not mean cash. In which case, I am afraid I have little to offer up-front... I can certainly offer no... 'political' favours, heaven knows, despite my lofty position. I am reasonably sure you have more influence with the Iron Spear than I do at this point..."

She flashed a weak grin, not even half-joking there.

OOC

Description

PRE

"How about more of your time?" Terri suggested, placing down the pen and looking honestly at Mal. "I may need to go ingredient hunting a some point in the future and having a friend nearby to watch my back will be really handy."

Especially when they were as tough as the Iron Adjutant. She still recalled that kick Mal delivered at the underground fight club.

G
    Greebs

Mal's eyes narrowed slightly. She thought she could catch a faint whiff of generosity on the breeze. It was stupid of her to suggest to Terri of all people, that repayment would be a challenge...

"That is a duty I would happily undertake both as an Officer of the Freehold, and... as your friend." she said, unable to prevent herself sounding a little sceptical. "As would many others, I am certain. Are you sure that is sufficient return for your efforts?"

It did not even occur to the wolf that perhaps Terri looked at her own work in the same way.

Description

PRE

"That will be fine," Terri replied, smiling. She wasn't about to offer a formal pledge or anything that extreme. So far, she had no reason not to trust Mal.

"Ok, I'll get this sorted for you," she said, closing up her notebook. "Want me to forward it on when it's done or are you happy to collect it?"

OOC

G
    Greebs

"I will collect it." Mal said, firmly, unable to shake the feeling Terri, being Terri, was being generous. "It is the least I can do."

Description

PRE

"Excellent!" Terri grinned before stifling a yawn, horrified to be caught out so suddenly. "Oh my God, I'm sorry," she quickly added. "It's been a long day. I'll get this made in the week and give you a call when it's done!"

It would be nice to make, something comforting and protective. It reminded Terri of the good old days.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread