(Private)Two Shadows talking

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She lays on hand on top of the other as she eagerly listens to Max. It was a shock to hear that Max found himself with others out to kill him. She wants to ask him more about it, but decides to bring it up later.

Seems there only being one Elysium has not gone unnoticed. And she was sure Max wasn’t the only Kindred with dreams of opening and getting the blessing of His Grace to run one. If she were to place her money on someone being successful, it would be Max. And the Domain was going through changes, perhaps Kindred run Elysia was a sign of more changes to come.

Her eyes lighten up, “A museum?!” she asks with a smile. “I personally have a weak spot for museums, and have visited a few of the city’s current ones. A question I have is this,” she says looking Max in the eye, “What would set your museum apart from the others currently in the city?” she asks. “Certainly having another safe place to gather would be greatly welcome. But is it something you intend to have open and running during the day as well?” she wasn’t about to put her support and good standing on a business that wouldn’t survive.

“Unfortunately, I have little knowledge of the world of business. But you are correct, I do have contacts within the city’s government.” She hadn’t used them much, but had secured them for the First Estate. She then grins and laughs lightly, “But I would hardly call it a strangle-hold.” Other Kindred were welcome to establish connections within the government if they wished.

But what he said next was very interesting, about how he could repay her with standing within the First Estate. While she wasn’t too concerned with her standing, she had suffered a few setbacks that she was looking to recover from.

“I have to say, it is a very interesting and intriguing business proposal. But before I offer my support, I am curious about what I had asked earlier. How will your museum stand apart in a city rich with art? I was also curious as to your opinion on the possibility of showing Kindred art? I know we have a few artists within the Domain currently, and while I have yet to view their work, I was just curious.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max listens patiently as Daniella lists her questions and concerns about his proposal, nodding his head here and there when the Priscus hit on topics that had initially concerned him as well. "My first instinct is to go with what I know: history. And you're right, there are quite a few museums in the area; but I've done some investigating and they all seem very limited, both in focus and size. The train museum we visited is second only to the California Museum in size; and even that is dwarfed by many of the institutions in places like LA an D.C.

Ideally what I would like to do is a grand history museum; sort of a walking timeline. You start in an exhibit that shows what prehistoric California was like, possibly with local fossils or reproductions. Then move on to what the area was like when the first Native Americans came; with artifacts and recreations of the local tribes. Then move on to the arrival of European influences and the evolution of California and Sacramento as a state and city. Possibly even a reconstruction of the Old Town before it was buried. Finally, an area that dealt with modern Sacramento; the influences of the railroads and shipping in the area. Some place that could tell the whole story of the area in one cohesive narrative.

As for the business side of things, it would of course have to be open during the day. Most schools don't offer night time field trips, after all. But if I can build something of the size I envision, there would be separate galleries for temporary exhibits; those could easily be set up for art instillations. They could also be cordoned off for private events should the city's Kindred populations wish to use the facility for private functions. I doubt they would be large enough for an Grand Court, but that would give me the perfect excuse to open the museum up for a private, night time function.

After all, why have your own museum if you can't show it off a little?

I would have to invest in expanding my stable of, shall we say, personal assistants; but the daily operations could be handled by Kine. The more sensitive areas would be accessible only to those directly under my influence."

3. Likes Orianna liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her eyes widen, “History?” she says with a nod, “That does sound like it would stand out and draw a crowd. Especially like you said with schools for field trips and whatnot.” She agreed.

“And I like the idea of walking a timeline. Sounds like it would emerge you in the history and draw you in. Have you considered the possibility of interactive exhibits? Sort of like what the train museum had? Some people enjoy the tactile feel and the ability to really get into the history. Just a thought.” She says with a smile.

“All in all Mr Heinz, I love the idea! You have put in thought and seem to have a sound idea. And if your offer still stands to bring me in on some aspect, I think we can come to an agreement.”

Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max nods his head at the woman's words. "That's the effect I'm hoping for, to make it more than just exhibits behind thick Plexiglas. The more engaging you can make an exhibit, the more likely it is to stick with people after they leave. I would like to make it interactive, but that all depends on what exhibits I can arrange. The older objects wouldn't stand up to constant handling, but recreations might be a possible idea."

His mood perks up a little as Daniella agrees to the idea, a bit of a smile perking up a corner of the Mekhet's face. "Excellent. As I said with the issue of Tenancy, this is more about planning than actual execution, but I wanted to have all my ducks in a row before I went forward with anything. Whoever said it was better to beg forgiveness than ask permission obviously wasn't a Kindred..."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“That is a good point.” She agrees. “Recreations are an excellent idea, and I believe they would pay for themselves in the long run. Granted they were done well and are well received. Which I don’t think will be a problem, especially with schools. Children seem to love getting hands on when they learn and visit museums.” She says.

“It is a sound idea and plan. And having your ducks in a row is the best way to see this come to life and become a reality. If this comes together, I believe it will be very successful and a great asset.” Returning the small smile.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max nods his head at the woman's words, glad she seemed as enthusiastic about the idea as he was. "As do I, Priscus. Like I said earlier, I believe it will be a mutually beneficial relationship. Hopefully we'll be making a toast to the grand opening before too long."

He ever so slightly in his seat, regarding the woman that set across from him and wondering if he should bring up the last topic on his mind. After a moment's hesitation, the thin Mekhet decides there was no time like the present to get the secret out in the open. "You know, there is one more question I'd like to ask you. It's less about Domain politics and more of a matter of... personal ambition. And I would value your candid opinion on the matter. If you don't mind, of course..."

The man's smile perks up just a bit more, and he pushes the chair away from the table...

Fade to Black

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread