Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1412) Avis and Emrys

Emrys

PRE

Eyes flicked nervously over to Avis as she approached. Finally he'd get his first job, he just had to hope she there was actually something he could contribute.

"Excellent." The Enchanter said to the Mastigos's inquiry. "Definitely one of the finer walls I've held up. Ten out of ten for the wall!"

Finally the Libertine smiled to Avis, as the humor obviously helped him cope with the nervousness. "So your Mace right? Crowley only told me that you were having a 'Ghostbuster themed party', so if you could fill in the blanks that would be great. What exactly did you need and can you grant me the sight for seeing ghosts when it's necessary?"

Straight to business, if only because Emrys sucked at the whole 'social' thing.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The quirk to her lips faded the longer he kept talking, a look of confusion appearing in it's absence. "Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not Mace. I'm Avis. Councilor. Of Warlocks. I just haven't seen you before so I thought I should find out who you were. See -- if you needed anything. So who are you? And do you need anything? Besides talk to Mace."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Emrys

PRE

Awk-ward.

It was the only word to describe the current situation. The Enchanter's eyes widened a bit, and it took a second before Emrys could fit the word things together again.

"Sorry about that. I'm Emrys." The Libertine started softly, his eyes fixed on Avis's own. "Enchanter with the Free Counsel. I think I'm set on the official side of things. Met the Syndic, attended the Path meet, and got acknowledged by Crowley already."

Emrys shrugged casually, but when he did, his gaze rose to the hat on Avis's head. A smile slipped out before he bit his lower lip and returned his face to a more neutral expression. "I like the hat. Is that a Counselor thing?" Weird hats and subject changes, great for anxious Enchanters apparently. "Cause I think we might need to get Elle one. From the meeting she seemed like she could use a reason to smile, or at the very least not bore the ever living crap out of the rest of us."

That last part should have probably stayed in his head... oops.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

A shrug, like a mirror of his own just moments before, greeted Emrys' question. "It's unique. I wouldn't -- look for it or suggest it to the rest of the Counsel. Especially Elle. She has this thing about business. Even when she's drunk. So, ya know, just let serious dogs lie. They're probably laughing at you inside their skulls, anyway."

A flicker of a smile passed over her lips before a case of toothpicks appeared out of her pocket and one was applied, set firmly between her teeth. The case disappeared again.

"You seem pretty excited about helping Mace, and I'm assuming you're not helping her with an actual party. I'm just curious. Why? Why do you want to get involved? And what exactly do you want to do here, in the first place?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Emrys

PRE

"Well damn." Emrys whined with a bit of a smile. "I guess buying her a jester's hat for Christmas is out of the question then huh?"

With a small sigh the Libertine acknowledged Avis's more serious question. "Mostly? I hate the new guy label. I learned doing field work for my Anthropology degree that it's too easy to fall into a funk when you're in unfamiliar territory, so I'm trying to stay active. Get involved, build rapport, and you not only have something to do but the culture shock and gaps between you and the other people gets quelled in the process."

Another shrug, still kind of anxious. "Bit nerve wracking, but it's not going to get better sitting on my ass and waiting for people to come to me. So talking till people talk to me, which admittedly I thought would take longer."

Hey, thank the Supernal for small favors though right?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

The warlock nodded slowly, the propeller on her hat swinging slightly with the motion. "Makes sense. Things didn't start getting better for me, here, until I started socializing and tracking down Scelesti. So I guess you've got the right attitude. I won't stand in the way of that. Mace is just right over there," Avis explained, pointing to the Moros Councilor. "She's a good person. I'm glad to see she'll be having help with...whatever she's working on. Just, uh, remember that shit tends to hit the fan in this city, so it pays to prepare for it."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nodded along, more at ease knowing he and a Counselor were on the same page. The swinging of the propeller helped too. Apparently he just had the stingy Counselor.

"Thanks Counselor, for the talk and the help." He said as his face finally settled on a genuine smile. "And I think I'll be okay. I got a Counselor and plenty of Time after all."

A smile preceded a a confident wink and wave. The Enchanter finally turned on his heels and made off towards the Moros.

Emrys continues here.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Puns," Avis mumbled noncommittally, walking back toward the gathering with a shrug.

Returning to the main thread.

Closed Thread