Ended
Watch

Illustrating the Point

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    S
    Saeyer

A long moment elapsed as Ava considered the pledge, tapping a finger to the end of her nose as she thought. Marcus' joke about the timeframe of the job made her grin, pausing with her finger just above her skin. "As if I could really hold you to a short deadline on this! Make myself look bad."

The offer of information was positively thrilling for the Scrivener, whose curiosity was immediately piqued by the questions he seemed to be pursuing. "I would certainly be interested in that, and I'd very much like to hear exactly what aspects of the Mask you're calling into question. I would need to do some research, of course." But, oh, what glorious research it would be, not bound to mundane books with price tags and slick plastic covers. It had been hard to swallow the reflexive 'if it's alright with Ms. Jasons' that had immediately popped into her mouth, but she would need to develop some level of judgement on the matter herself. She would, of course, still be informing her monarch.

"But, ah, as for the pledge. For a season's time, the book that Malcolm Green purchased from me will be handed over to Marcus Evan for the purpose of transcribing its illustrations. When the air is light with Spring, the book is to be returned to Green in its entirety, and the freshly copied illustrations delivered to me, Autumn's Scrivener. During this time, the book will be in your care, Marcus, and is not to suffer exposure to mundane eyes, or the study of anyone beyond we three. In exchange for your services as artist and craftsman may the Wyrd speed your hands and sharpen your eye, and dull them if you break your word. In addition, should you require assistance with completing this task, we will answer if called upon."

She looked questioningly between the two Elementals; that had gotten a little wordier than originally intended, but Green was Winter- there had to be some language regarding his reluctance to reveal the illustrations to mundanes. "Any objections? And, is that a workable time frame?"

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"That is fine by me," Green replied slowly. His eyes moved between the Beast and the Elemental before he gave a simple nod.

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental smiles as he nods to the beast. He thought his offer might pique her interest.

"I'm just curious about some things regarding the Mask that I've observed while crafting hedgespun. For instance, I don't actually do anything to create a Mask, that I'm aware of, yet everything I hedgespin seems to have one. How do you explain that?"

Listening to her words, Marcus soon nods his assent to the pledge Ava proposes.

"Sounds fair. The only point I would like to discuss further is my compensation. How much is this job worth?"

S
    Saeyer

"Hm. That is interesting, though, isn't it? When you're making something you aren't even looking at mundane ingredients, so where would the 'components' for the Mask come from? I think it would be easy enough to explain it away as the nature of things created in the Hedge, but that's not a very satisfying answer, is it. Is there any chance that it could come, inherently, from the stories that are connected to each piece of Hedgespun? Maybe it could be the byproduct of subtext?" She spread her hands in a gesture of uncertainty, clearly speaking her thoughts almost exactly as she had them.

"I can certainly look into it. As for compensation, I can offer you a tithe of Glamour, or a favor. We would need to discuss some basic terms for the favor, of course."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The ridged brows of the Elemental rose slightly, then sank.

"Lets keep it simple. Favours can become... complicated. Why not settle for a tithe of Glamour. Keeps things easy to manage. And up front. Know what I mean?"

Green had little use for convoluted arrangements. They struck him as too much like the bargains the Fae struck with one another at the drop of a hat. Besides, his Elemental nature preferred things simple and to the point. And he'd rather not find himself ensnared in some entangling alliance, thank you very much!

S
    Saeyer

"Alright, a tithe of glamour it is." That worked fine for her, and she could understand why Green didn't want this to get any messier than it already was. "To be paid at the completion of the pages."

Payment decided, she brokered the pledge with that detail added in.

-1 Willpower to the pledge

ooc

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

I agree. Not much more to do here at this point. And it would get into Continuity then which would be a plus

S
    Saeyer

Pledge sworn and arrangements made, they chatted a little before going their separate ways into the chill evening, the lights in Marginalia winking out soon after.

End Scene

Thank you both! (:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.