Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 14
DISPLAYED
(BN14) Hedgespinning

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Ciara Maskelyne

If Finn notices the woman's visual inspection, it doesn't show; the Fairest keeps his attention on the gloves as Terri empowers them with a bit of glamour and explains their use. Her use of the words "ingredients" and "recipe" was of particular note; Finn had always assumed creating such things was a matter of some arcane art he had yet to learn the trick of. Could it really be as easy as following a set of instructions?

As she gives Finn her full attention, he returns the Beast's friendly smile with a welcoming one of his own. "So I see. Can't say I've ever used something like that..." He nods his head over so slightly to the gloves in Terri's hand before continuing. "Let alone made them; so I figured tonight would be as good as any to at least learn the basics.

A pleasure to meet you Legate; I'm Finn."
    He then tuns his attention to the other woman, giving other Fairist the same disarming smile. "And a pleasure to meet you as well, Catherine. I don't think I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance yet either."

He lets his words drift off; allowing the Muse to add any additional introduction she felt necessary, as well as give Catherine first crack at asking the other woman any questions.

E
    Eris

Catherine scrutinised the dainty Beast’s ruddy garb, noting with interest the process by which it's surface subtly shifted to reveal a lanose texture which had heretofore lingered beneath the threshold of her perception. When Terri cogently elucidated as to the garments influential impetus the Fairest determined to dissect any counsel that the coral-curled courtier might advance afore she acceded to such suggestion.

As Catherine considered the implications of this sorcerous attire she was swiftly staggered by the aggregation of potential purposes to which such artifice might be applied. The apparel aroused in the Artist an array of profuse possibilities and the Fairest lapsed into furious contemplation concerning the copious combinations of components from which such clothing might be comprised in order to educe a certain consequence. A realisation roused her from her reverie as from her introspection she inferred that such arcane artistry might additionally be applied to... well, artistry. Though questing to query her tutor as to the veracity of her conjecture, she espied an additional adjunct to their small yet expanding coterie.

A familiar figure she felt, hadst she not perceived his person upon the heels of her arrival at the Fallen Fair, and within this fair wen? At her instructor’s extended introduction Catherine’s concentration was captured by the nuances of the redhead's hitherto undisclosed designation, an office to which she as yet remained nescient.

Legate of Mists? So, does the phrasing of her epithet imply the standing of governess or ambassador? If it is indeed intended to express the role of envoy then she is ideally suited to receive both myself and this late arrival.

Indeed, for this Finn fellow’s crown was embellished with a pair of haze-wrought horns, and his fine figure framed by Persian pinions formed from gently billowing fog. He was aesthetically pleasing even to her untrained eye, and Catherine thought that she may briefly have detected an agreeable aroma emanating from the cerulean haar. Though she could not say with certainty for the possibility was swiftly smothered beneath the pervasive bacchanailian bouquet which rose from the Beast’s ensorcelled mitts, which persisted in assailing her sensibilities and presently prevailed over even her preceptor’s potent pallium.

“Then you should find consorting with us without challenge dear Terri, for Brume is but an analogue of mist, and a subject with which our new acquaintance seems intimately connected." She smiled and offered a hand to her fellow Fairest. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance also Finn, though I feel that I may have noted your presence at the Fallen Fair. Might I enquire as to whether you hold to the philosophy of a particular court?” She allowed the question to hang for a moment whilst she considered her next inquiry, turning to again regard 'she of the fluffy tail'. “Lady Legate, might the creation of art too be within the bounds of this 'hedgespinning's' application?”

OOC: Mykel, how does Finn know that Catherine is a Muse? It isn't a particularly obvious kith.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"The basics?" Terri chuckled, raising an eyebrow at a private joke. If only hedgespinning was so simple. "There are many areas of hedgespinning, sure. I specialize in raiment whereas Marcus, Marcus Evan, is great at producing jewelry and weaponsmithing. Depends on what you term 'art' but nothing is impossible. At the end of the day it depends on how creative you are and how close your connection to your fae-side you can touch. However, I would warn you that taking up any task of hedgespinning is always memorable, almost as if the creation of it crafts a story at the same time."

Fearing that time had gotten away from her, Terri offered Finn and Catherine a warm smile. "It seems like we've wasted more time than was proposed. If either of you wish to learn more of hedgespinning, visit me at Quicksilver Gate. It's an interesting subject, certainly!"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Ciara Maskelyne

When Catherine offers her hand, Finn takes it and gives it a polite and gentle shake in greeting. "Ahh, very perceptive of you. I was at the Fallen Fair; first time I'd met any of my fellow survivors here in Sacramento. And indeed I do, I'm a member of the Emerald Court; thought I can't claim any title as illustrious as our instructor's..."

He gave a playful wink to Terri, turning his attention away from Catherine for just a moment to give the Legate. He gives a soft shrug at her chuckle; the hint of a smile perking up one corner of his lips. "Please don't think I'm being dismissive about your craft. I simple meant it in the same way the basics of fencing might be "the pointy end goes towards your enemy"; I'm sure there's much more involved in doing the job properly then can be learned in one night."

He nodded his head slightly as Terri explained the different areas of expertise she and others within the Freehold possessed; as well as the necessity for creativity and caution in its execution. Sadly, it seemed the evening was drawing to a close. "Ahh, 'tis a shame; having only just met you both. Thank you, Legate; I might take you up on that offer if I ever find myself in the neighborhood of the... Quicksilver Gate, was it? An interesting name; not one that was chosen by happenstance, I assume."

He then turns ever so slightly, addressing both women now. "A pleasure to meet you both. Catherine, I'm glad to finally have a chance for formal introductions. Hopefully I'll see you both at the next Freehold function..."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread