Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1412) Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    M
    Mace

Mace tapped her finger against her leg, feeling the weight of the wire as she thought. She had only met Leo once, and she didn't know how much help she'd be in the investigation. At least, not directly. Not unless the worst had already happened. She sighed. "We can look for his ghost," she said. She didn't really want to think about it, but the possibility had to be raised. "Ghosts typically bind to things they had emotional connections to in life. If he felt that something was strong enough to keep him around? We can look." The thought sent a shiver up her spine. After what had happened to her, it wasn't a comforting thought. But she had to push through it. "Maybe if I take a look at his things? Lack of results wouldn't prove anything, but... it could be worth trying." She looked down at the table, wondering what the others would say.

Forgot about this in the first post

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Jesus. Skipping straight to ghosts? Ok, sure, it wasn't unlikely, given the fact that he'd literally just disappeared, and that there'd been not a single sign of him for months, but...Well, no, he probably wasn't alive. If he was, she'd get through to him. He probably needed help if he was still alive. She couldn't think of a reason besides trouble that would have kept him from contacting them.

"Before you try and summon his ghost, I should probably drop him a line, don't you think?"
    the Warlock asked. "I mean, we can work on it together. 'Cause something of his might give me a better chance of contacting him, you're right about that, Striker, and if you think being around his stuff might help you, too, Mace, then we might as well just partner up. If he's alive, I'll find him. If he's dead, you will."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Jonokuchi

PRE

Straight to business and for that, Jonokuchi was glad. He wasn't one for small talk, not that he would expect such at a meeting of this Order. The task of finding Leo was a good place to begin.

The fact that the Mastigos knew very little about the Mage who had brought the Archangels together was in no small part, extremely shameful.

And now he was missing, perhaps dead according to Mace and her suggestion of ghosts. Jonokuchi found it hard to comprehend and wanted to pinch his nose in frustration, the lack of knowing which had caused Leo to disappear without the sumo taking action straight away.

"I may not be able to help as well as Councillor Awvee in matters of the Mind but once a location is known, I may be able to Scry with some accuracy."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker couldn't help but cast her gaze to the ground with the turn in conversation. Loss seemed like it was becoming a familiar part of her life, but she wondered how many times her heart could break. She had known Leo for years; they had arrived in Sacramento days apart and it was painful to imagine the city without him.

Weavebreaker's eyes lifted to Avis, as her mind tried to clutch onto hope. Life had taught her better, and she knew to pray for the best but prepare for the worst...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

"Okay, good stuff..." She really hoped he answered Avis's call. Better that than the alternative, by a long shot. "Thanks, guys. Once we know, we can let the Hierarch know - and if Leo needs help, we can get to it." Her eyes scanned about the room, catching the other Archangels before looking to each. Leo might have fucked up in the past, but he was still one of them. If a rescue was needed, then they were the ones who would get the job done.

Time to move on. There was a lot to cover in a short time.

"All right. You three got that, so let's hit the next thing. I thought we might want to cover organization and structure. Before, there might not have been a need, but with seven serving Arrow in town, it makes sense to break it down a little. I'll pitch a structure to start - if anybody has any ideas, toss 'em in. Mine is a simple two squad structure; two Talons with a First to form squads of three that work as groups, with the two Firsts reporting to a Thunderbolt Guardian, who acts as the CO and floats where needed. Thoughts?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Thoughts? Yeah, she had some thoughts. 'Cause this was the moment that she had been waiting for. Or predicting, rather. She didn't have to be a fucking Acanthus to have known that this moment would arrive. The thing was, no matter how long she'd been expecting this, no matter how often she'd gone through those expectations, she had no idea how this would play out...That's when you wanted to be a fucking Acanthus.

"I've got a thought," Avis stated bluntly, raising her hand. "In order for that plan to work we need someone who can act as a Thunderbolt Guardian. I don't think anyone here can fill that role. Not yet."

Dull, green eyes moved over each Talon seated around the table, seeming to ghost over them rather than land with any degree of force. It was supposed to a challenging gaze, one that would provoke the bear out of the woods, but her eyes just didn't pack the force that even most people could effect. They were too used to flitting away, or looking down. Not any longer, though. Such was evident as she finally fixed her gaze upon Asp.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes West, Forn Clakes liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace nodded to Avis. "Of course, both should be tried together. We'll set up the details." As Asp had said, they had other things to worry about. She listened to the Sentinels proposal, turning the ideas over in her head. "I like the basic idea of a cell structure," Mace volunteered. While she wasn't sure she agreed with Avis' complaint, she also could'nt dismiss it. The fact remained that somebody needed to organize them for the plan to work. And organization by committee would take too long under pressure, as the trials had proved. It might work for some things, but not for the band of Warriors. She looked from Avis to Asp, before settling on Avis. "Unless we're to operate as seven distinct individuals, someone's going to have to lead us. You saw what happened with the Council, we can't be lead by committee in a sensitive situation. We need a single voice giving the orders." She turned to Asp. "There is more to being a Thunderbolt Guardian than leading two squads. If there is no true Thunderbolt Guardian, perhaps another First could serve the purpose?" She glanced at the others. "Whichever we decide to call them, someone must lead." And this time, there was no reason it would be her. She could take some small comfort in that.

T

The shaman wondered why Avis thought this was a big deal, when the answer was literally looking them in the face.

"Asp could do it." He said simply. While Jonokuchi and Animus could also fit the bill and had the respect of the Order, Asp seemed to fit right into the whole leading others thing. Animus had made it clear on other occasions that he wasn't going to lead. Striker didn't know if this applied to Order as well as path, but he could only assume.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi listened, remaining quiet as the meeting continued and the initial topic of Leo moved on to the organisation of the Arrows came to fruition. In the Warlock's mind, Asp made a very good point and he would agree to it. He had never been in the military or would pretend to understand the roles in Sleeper organizations of such ilk.

They were Awakened. If they needed guidance, the person to do so had to be decisive, firm and absolute.

His eyes looked towards his cabalmate and Jonokuchi couldn't help but nod in agreement. If there was anything untoward going on between any of the Mages present, the Warlock missed it.

"Indeed. I believe Asp could fulfill the role suitably. Are there any reservations in this?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Yes," Avis barked, her hands yanking the paper flat sharply enough to rip it. She glanced down, realizing what she'd done, and pushed the paper away. Pale fingers twined themselves together in the space where the paper had sat, and the Warlock took in a breath and then let it out again, remembering now to calm herself.

"What I mean is, I see two problems with Asp becoming a Thunderbolt Guardian. The first thing is this: Asp is the Banner Warden of my cabal. A Banner Warden's duty is to her cabal, first and foremost. If Asp became a Thunderbold Guardian, her duty would be to the Arrow first and foremost. So, basically, there would be a conflict of interest. Unless you want to give up your position of Banner Warden,"
    she continued, looking to Asp. "Thing is, if you do give up your position because you want to be in charge, and that's your goal, then you never should have been a Banner Warden in the first place, and if you never should have been one in the first place, but claimed it anyway, then I really don't think you're the right person to counsel and lead us."

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.