THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"I'll do that," replies Konrad, now more curious that Michael's business may be of a sensitive nature.

Konrad raises an eyebrow at Ashley at the relaxed and playful way she spoke, something between intrigue and mockery. Still, he ignores the suggestion of compound interest. Konrad believes money is meant to exchange hands, not sit in a bank for decades. A tool as a means to an end. Then again he isn't exactly rolling in dough like Michael. Konrad is still not sure how to address the woman, unable to get a read on her.

Finally Konrad turns to Rina, nodding his understanding. "Well do that too. I haven't forgotten."

• • •

The tour guide seems to have finished their explanation of the room and its history and begins to move deeper into the tunnels. "The miners that came in the Gold Rush brought on a whole new market to the city. All those men crowded on the banks of the river, they got real lonely. After the first few years the brothels sprang up all over the old city and ladies of the night walked these streets." As they drew further along they came across glass cases that housed artifacts of those bygone years, clothing, perfume bottles, and other hygiene implements. "They were also known as 'soiled doves' and catered to a multicultural echelon that sprang up overnight. Many of these 'professional' women were even known to stay at the Hall & Luhrs building, which initially functioned as a hospital. Many of these glassware possessions and combs were found right here in this excavation site." The woman speaks with unusual enthusiasm, as if really getting into character among the musty bricks.

2. Likes Whisper, Brownlee liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan held back a smirk. Compound interest, much like rare paintings, accrued in value. Ashley certainly seemed a bit business oriented. It was quite Invictus-like.

Travis apparently had good hearing as well as a sharp enough mind. All Cordoba heard was incomprehensible speech coming from the vampiress. Not that he cared at all. Kindred had their quirks.

The Daeva turned his attention the tour guide. If such underground facilities existed then what else may lay interred here? Ideas for many things were swirling around.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded silently at Konrad. It was good to know their arrangement was neither forgotten, nor would be neglected. She gave Ashley a blank look. Why had she looked at her? Rina didn't know what language the woman was talking, nor should have any real reason to. "The Russians? My understanding had it that the first Europeans in the area were either the Spanish or the Norse." She paused. There was another important question here. "For that matter, do the Russians count as European? I believe they are classified as within the Asian continent, are they not?" Geography had never been her strong suit; neither her master nor the Order had deemed it necessary for a low-level operative to know more than a little about any given area.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley gave an approving nod to Rina. "Most of the land mass lies in Asia, while most of the population resides in Europe." Ashley tilted her head for a moment. "It is strange to think how relatively young any of these cities are, especially in comparison to Europe, the Middle East or...well the East."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

PRE

Michael feels keenly aware that he is drawing attention from much of the assembled group. Much more attention than he is accustomed to. Still, he knows the situation can work in his favor as long as he remains focused on the task - learn as much as he can from these bloodsuckers and not die in the process. The discussion between Rina and Ashley brings him back from his mental hiatus. Michael fights back a grin at the Ventrue's little slip. Is she assuming every Asian just happens to be Chinese, then? She must have a few more years dead than most. Despite this, he can certainly appreciate Ashley's comparisons of the ages of cities. And she only grazes the surface. His jaw sets as he considers his next words carefully; Michael might need allies in the near future, but he doesn't want to reveal more than is necessary.

"Strange, yes. And amazing. Each of the cultures that influenced the area sprang up from their own histories - their own legacies. This country is known for bringing such diverse groups together, then forging them into something new in very little time. Relatively speaking. Even now, in this city, people like us are doing the same." Not for the first time, Michael is reminded how much Sacramento seems like a self-contained United Nations for Kindred. He offers a faint smile before his attention is drawn back to the tour guide. He shows his intent to continue following by turning back in her direction and walking along as she describes the 'ladies of the night' that used to haunt this place.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

It doesn't take long for Konrad to get lost in the conversation. Konrad doesn't know much about cultures, and he isn't very learned in other subjects either. If he is learning anything tonight, there's no guarantee it'll stick in his head for long. Still, it is easier to follow along than when he spoke to Martha. That is a wealth of knowledge he may well never know. Still, it interests him to have seen the Underground tunnels. Just knowing it is here puts him at ease in case he finds himself downtown and no way to get back to his Haven.

• • •
    Cutting history lesson short as we've got a week left

After some distance traveled, the tour reaches another portal opening up into a brick courtyard with a central fountain. After a moment the tour members realize that there is in fact no ceiling and what seems like an expansive room has open sky above. To their left at underground level is the Underground Tasting Room which houses barrels of wine for any willing patron. The tour guide eagerly asks the crowd if they have any questions and that she'd be more than willing to hang around to answer them. Otherwise she directs them to head up the stairs where the River City Saloon is for them to redeem their coupons.

Konrad is a little disappointed he had not found an opportunity to drag a Kine off into the Shadows, but the night is still young. At least now that the crowd is beginning to disperse he has the opportunity to talk business with Michael and Rina. He motions to Rina to hang back with him for a quick word before heading up to the River City Saloon.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

As Travis and Ashley discussed cultural diversity, Juan paid attention to the tour guide. This was an opportunity to learn more of the secret nooks and crannies of the city.

The Toreador marveled at the atmosphere established by the construction. "An underground tasting room? How clever!" This place definitely held some potential. Although his choice of beverage would be a bit more exotic.

He turned to the Kindred, "I must say, this was quite an exciting occasion." Then to Michael, "I am grateful for your efforts."

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm..." Ashley muttered softly as her eyes canvased the masonry. "Indeed it is." She said, agreeing with Juan's assentation. Still she would leave these treasure troves to the Haunts as she much enjoyed the Penthouse life. Besides, deodorant couldn't fix ugly and the haunts needed those small comforts...
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina hangs back with Konrad at his motion, nodding in assent. Once she ensures the others are out of earshot, she lowers her voice to a whisper, ensuring that only she and Konrad can hear their conversation. "As I mentioned, we have business to discuss. If you will recall, our agreement stated that you would provide me with information and goods, should they interest me. I have a request for information, this time." She takes a pause, looking around suspiciously to ensure no one has gotten closer while she wasn't paying attention. "I understand that there are...Carthians," she spits out the word 'Carthians' as if it burned her mouth. "in the city. I require your assistance in observing them and obtaining any information of potentially nefarious plots, as well as blackmail potential, with them."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad bends slightly to Rina's height to hear her whispers, understanding the need for secrecy considering how they were still in public. Carthians, huh.

"You know..." he says slowly, lowering his voice to the same decibel, "they just had a meeting recently. It was posted all over. I can't say I know who attended because I didn't go. But if you just want an extra pair of eyes and ears then I'll keep them open for you. Any idea who I should be watching?"

Dragging me into her Covenant business, eh? Those Invictus, keeping tabs on everything, like some sort of secret police. Of course blackmail on any Kindred is always valuable, and Konrad would make use of it how he saw fit should the opportunity arise. But Kindred are careful about their secrets and Carthians are no exception. He'll be sure to get its worth out of Rina later on.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread