(1410) Velma, Daniella, Peter and Cameron

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She feels her Beast stir with fear when Regent Brady entered, and she briefly struggled with gaining control over it. Seems the Regent was making a habit of appearing in Court without her Mask, well, whatever worked for her.

Turning her attention back to the group, she smiles and nods, "Of course Lady Harpy Star." she replies and follows Velma. Cameron and her had talked briefly about his interests and whatnot, but perhaps Velma and Peter would offer different questions which could gain more information.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's teeth gritted behind his lips as he felt the press of another strong Beast enter. He'd felt that before; when he looked over and saw the stunning redhead who held Regency over Citrus Heights, the Knight understood. It was terrifying, in that way Connery or Dog were. Something big. Something horrible.

Internally, he hated the weakness of his Blood.

Peter nodded, his eyes remaining focused on the new arrival before him. Something that didn't scare him shitless just to be in the same room with. "Indeed," he agreed, following Velma over toward the chairs. "What brings you to Sacramento?"

Cameron silently composed himself, a task made all the more difficult by the entrance of Erika's powerful Beast and the response it invoked. He stifled those impulses, clearing his throat, and followed the three of them to be seated. "A bit more about myself? Of course, Lady Harpy Star. It would be my pleasure. Let's see... I'm a businessman. I figure out what I want and I make it possible for myself. I work in and around situations until I find the greatest possible outcome for me and mine. I tend to apply these principles best toward financial pursuits, but I'm versatile. I apply my talents and the talents of those in my retinue toward the achievement of goals. I also like animals, dogs in particular. Loyal, obedient, useful companions. I'm training a German Shepherd, currently. Lady Au Pair Sage suggested I might make an enterprise of training animals which I thought was a fine idea."

In response to Peter's question he chuckles in good humor "Well, it wasn't to humiliate myself I can assure you, Lord Whip Baldwin." he chuckles a bit more despite himself, seeming calm and unaffected on the outside while on the inside he felt himself still reeling from his mistake, like a boxer regaining his feet after being knocked down.

"I was living in San Jose with my sire until recently. My Sire was never a prudent man, and he took easy offense to the most minor slight. You were gracious enough to forgive my mistake, Lord Whip Baldwin, and are, fortunately for me willing, to trust that I meant no disrespect. My Sire, however, were he in your shoes, would have likely challenged me to a duel on the spot. If not that then he'd at least have held a grudge that would fester until the night he'd had his revenge to his satisfaction."

Coming to the chairs he stands aside in deferment, waiting until those of superior standing are seated before he dares seat himself. "My Sire was a very proud man, and with good reason. He was a very accomplished, reputable, powerful, and dangerous man. I..." he pauses, his brow furling slightly, before finishing solemnly "I admired him a great deal."

Another moment's pause before he continues as before, relating his story in a cool, conversational tone "There is a time and place for everything, however, including pride. My Sire let pride take precedence over prudence and took on a campaign against an enemy that he could not hope to overcome. When I knew that defeat was imminent I took major steps to ensure my own survival. I refused to be killed for my Sire's foolish pride, so I made a decision. I chose the winning side."

He watches them as he finishes the story. He had just finished relating it to Danielle a little while ago, so he knew her reaction, but now he studied the faces of Velma and Peter. He hoped they were not the types to look down on him for not going down with his Sire's sinking ship. He had found most Kindred to understand the merits behind loyalty to ones self first, but it was not always the case.

"After that I didn't feel safe, comfortable, or wanted in San Jose, so I left." he concludes with a light shrug, as if to say 'and here we are' "As for why I chose Sacramento, I'm afraid there isn't much backstory there. I've always enjoyed my visits to the capitol when I still walked in the sun, and I'd heard there was a strong Invictus presence here."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

4. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma sat, she elegantly crossed her legs one over the other.

As she listened to Cameron, absentmindedly, she begun rolling one of her hanks around her right index finger, apparently distracted by his tale, her blue eyes seem to sink deep into his heard and her attention seemed to follow the rhythm of his words.

”I see!” The songstress seems to break her stupor after Cameron finishes allowing just for a moment of silence after his story.

”One thing we all have to own our sires was for their clarity of reason by choosing us to be embraced.” A large smile seems to appear on her lips, apparently amused by her own words…

The Harpy finally spares a look to where Erika was, wondering just how the conversation would progress.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

P
    Peter Baldwin

48 hours...

Baldwin looked interested at the notion of a German Shepherd, but did not interrupt, allowing the Lord to speak freely. He cracked a smile at the humiliation comment. "Useful Requiems are ended by unnecessary dueling," he said, a bit of amusement creeping into his voice when he was directly addressed. "The Lady Au Pair is mightier than the sword when it comes to little slips in titles, I think." Baldwin took his seat, adjusting his suit just so, the Invictus politesse and poise stretched over the Menace's constant threat that eminated off every little move, every little twitch.

The Lord's story told the Knight things about the kind of man that Levine was. Prudent. Intelligent. Perhaps opportunistic. Good. Those were admirable traits in a member of Society.

"Indeed," Lord Baldwin agreed with the Harpy, his lips turning upward just a little. His eyes, however, remained on Levine. "And so it is that you find yourself here, seeking new opportunities. Well, Mister Levine, I am certain they will find you. This Domain is busy, for those who wish to contribute. Tell me, where did you train in computer science?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She sat comfortably, crossing her legs at the ankles and tucking them off to the side. Her eyes follow the conversation.

A friendly smile is offered to Cameron, “A minor slip if Titles that wasn’t your fault. Some Kindred use the Titles in a different order, depending on how they were taught. And I’ve seen Kindred humiliate themselves far worse and not be able to recover. I don’t foresee it being an issue with you Mister Levine.” She says in a friendly and upbeat tone. “If you do decide to look into the business of training dogs, I would like to offer my support and aid if you should need it.” She offered.

Her eyes look to Velma and she nods her head, “Well said Lady Harpy Star.” She praised honestly.

As Peter asked his questions, she looks once again to Cameron, eager to hear his response. Though she had already talked about it with him, she wasn’t rude.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma continued to listen, interested in the newcomer and in the story he was sharing.

She was starting to form a mental image about him and it was definitely a positive one.

For now she kept her silence.
    Velma Star*

Cameron bows his head to Daniella "Thank you, Lady Au Pair Sage. The more I think about it the more I like the idea, and your generous offer of support is much appreciated."

Turning to Peter he answers "I attended Stanford, though I didn't graduate. I met my sire at an Alumnist gathering where he took interest in me. This was after I'd made my first fortune, however, and I'd had every intention of dropping out anyway."

He glances at his wristwatch and furls his brow "I must beg your pardons, Most Esteemed Lord and Ladies." he says looking up at them "The night grows short and, being new to the city, I've yet to feed. I prefer not to go to bed on an empty stomach, so, if I may, I will take my leave. It was a pleasure and privilege to meet all of you, and I hope to do so again soon."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

10. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”It was a pleasure Mister Levine.” Velma nods and then turns to Daniella and Peter.

”I regret to inform that I to must make haste… being Harpy drains soo much of my precious time.” Her lips perk a bit and she smiles to them with a humorous tone.

”Lady Sage, Lord Baldwin.” There is a nod to each and Velma exits court to her office, not without first glancing around the events that were still unfolding and who was talking to whom.

Velma exits the scene
    Velma Star*

P
    Peter Baldwin

"A pleasure, Mister Levine," Baldwin echoed the Harpy, then nodded his agreement. Precious time? What was time to those who lived for Eternity in the wealth and comfort of station? "Good evening, Lady Harpy," he said with a nod. "It's that time, Lady Au Pair. I hope you have an excellent evening."

With a polite smile to Sage, Baldwin departed as well.

Baldwin departs the scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread