DISPLAYED
Up the Garden Path (Open)

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

The arrival of the ogre surprises Gregory, though the treats she offers surprises him even more. "Really and truly?" he asks hesitantly. "They look...so..." He reaches for the plate to pull it towards him, staring hungrily as if his appetite were renewed completely.

With a utensil he slices into the moist...the only word he could think of as cake, putting it to his nose for a sniff. The rich sweetness fills his nose and lungs and he is slave to its scent. Popping the morsel into his mouth he chews decadently, savoring the flavor and sweetness. "Roofs and ramparts..." he exclaims in awe. "Delicious. Who has crafted this perfect culinary confection? My compliments I wish to bestow," he says addressing the ogre.

The ogress blushes at the gargoyle's compliment.

"Why, thank you. I am Mrs. Rosemary, owner and head chef of the Rose Garden. I hope you enjoyed your lunch and that I will see you all again very soon."

Again, there is a lingering glance at Catherine, but the woman says no more before moving to another table for a brief visit. The three changelings fully enjoy the desserts before their server brings them the check and thanks them for dining at the Rose Garden.

End Scene

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.