Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 47
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Betony Rue's Table

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Teri took the rebuke from Betony in her stride, still smiling as she glanced to Rick, the smile turning to a grin and a cheeky wink. She always felt more comfortable when he was around, his confidence helping to buoy her heart as much as the winds that expressed his Mantle.

"Sold a scarf to Sasha," Terri said towards her ex-husband, glancing back to her table where she had left Sam. "Had a new guy called Krumm ask me about fetches and a pair of underpants to help him in a scrap. You know, standard day for me really." There was a small chuckle that accompanied the joke.

As the others began to join them, Terri said hi to each of them in turn before moving closer to Rick, waiting for their Queen to speak.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Gesturing towards Emma, Betony Rue beckons the courtless blightbent to join them at her table.

"I would appreciate it if you could assist anyone who makes an inquiry in my absence. The usual rates apply."

Handing her a polished stone, the Autumn Queen turns from Emma as the elemental takes up a position next to the table and surveys her gathered courtiers.

"I wish to take this opportunity to official name Emma as Dread Esquire of our court. She has proven herself to be a staunch ally of the Leaden Mirror and should be afforded every courtesy in return. You may rely upon her sound judgement if you seek assistance at the boarding house when I am absent. For now, let us retire to the balcony so that we may speak of a few court matters."

Giving a nod to both Emma and Portia, the Dread Lady leads her courtiers up the twisting steps that appear to have been somehow grown from the living trunk of a tree onto the balcony above. Some of those present might be slow to follow due to the unexpected shock of Betony Rue actually referring to someone by their first name.

Betony Rue exits this scene with all present members of her court.

This meeting of the Autumn Court will continue in here.

C
    C_Lloyd

After the incident at Marcus' table, Krumm returned to Betony rue's table where he was dismayed to see that the Autumn Monarch was no longer present. He looked at Emma, worried that he may not be able to deal.

"Hey, I wanted to see about getting that sweater there. I don't have any cash, but is there another way I can work out payment? Services, a promise, anything like that? Or do I need to talk to Ms. Jasons."

He pointed at the sweater. Aside from it's suggested practical value, it would help keep him warm in the winter.

The oily elemental looks at the price tag before screwing up her face as she makes some mental calculations. Placing a large, egg-shaped stone on the table, Emma informs Krumm that he will need to agree to a tithe of glamour once a week for the next month in addition to owing Ms. Jasons a favor. If the farwalker agrees to these conditions, the blightbent will instruct him to place one hand on the smooth surface of the stone and use the other to mimic her pantomime while reciting Cross my heart. Hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    G
    GuardianForces

When Betony had pointed her out, Portia had just froze up. She was never meant to be the center of attention, she didn't operate well like that. She had always been a wallflower, the type to stick to the back and watch while everybody else worked to get attention. When the Autumn Sovereign herself called her out on her pledging, all she could do was stand still and offer a weak smile. She wasn't even entirely sure if this was supposed to be a compliment or if she was trying to shame her. She was glad when, after what seemed like an eternity, she called her court away for important business, leaving her still frozen in place. She let out a sigh of relief now that the attention was off of her. She almost felt ashamed to be a Winter Courtier, she was positive a proper Courtier would never allow themselves to be put in the spotlight like that. Taking her scarf, she retreated from the table to see if she could not draw anymore attention to herself.

Portia Leanne exits scene, reenters Fallen Fair proper

C
    C_Lloyd

A favor, huh?

Krumm couldn't say he was a bit worried. Betony Rue Jasons was creepy, most certainly. But she was also a Monarch and a respected member of the court. She wouldn't have him do anything untoward... would she?

"Sounds fair to me, " said Krumm as he placed his hand on the table and performed the requisite hand-motions. "Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye."

Blood red carvings appear upon the surface of the stone as Krumm feels his actions binding him to the pledge. Emma folds the sweater before handing it over to the ogre and gives him a parting smile before she replaces one of her earbuds and returns her attention to her phone.

Krumm spends 1 Willpower to seal the pledge.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread